Jump to content

The “rebuild” isn’t working


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What’s the plan?! Seriously been asking this for 3 years with ridicule till the last few weeks people started taking notice. We have stripped this team of any talent at all justifying it with “dr

What about from his second draft?  MC1, MC2, Moore, Hamsah, AVT, Wilson  are all starters.  I have concerns about the team but yesterday was probably the worst Wilson will play in his whole

I never understood the fans that say “this year is a rebuild we’re gonna suck.” I don’t buy it. Year 2 for Douglas, this team should by the end of the year look mostly complete. It’s game 2 of 17. Wee

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Jet2020 said:

We don’t pay for that good player, prefer to trade him for draft busts and if we hit on any of those picks, we don’t pay for that good player, prefer to trade him for draft busts and if we hit on any of those picks, we don’t pay for that good player, prefer to trade him for draft busts and if we hit on any of those picks, we don’t pay for that good player, prefer to trade him for draft busts and if we hit on any of those….

sh*t, that’s Jets. 

Sounds like the Steelers to me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2021 at 9:13 AM, kevinc855 said:

He had full control of the roster after and made such bright moves like Mack 10 million dollars to never play center. He was here for 2019. Stop pretending different 

Who could he have picked up that would have made a difference?

Acting like the main free agency period and draft doesn’t matter in team make up is odd.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2021 at 10:05 AM, FidelioJet said:

This is what was most concerning.  I don't mind him taking shots, being aggressive and making mistakes.  That was going to happen and I'm totally cool with him being agressive.

The problem is he was not accurate at all.  Even the completions weren't precise.  

Not sure you can fix that..

It's amazing what one week of getting battered can do to a quarterback.  The Panthers rattled Wilson, and he subsequently spent the entire game in Week 2 throwing off his back foot whether there was real pressure or not.  We did not see these tendencies at all during camp and preseason.

The Jets need to fix it and quickly.  The last thing we need is the young franchise quarterback getting ruined before he reaches the halfway point of his rookie season.  The offensive line should have been embarrassed by their performance in Week 1.  They rebounded nicely, but some damage has already been done.  Wilson needs to settle back down and gain his confidence back.  It's easier said than done.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Also you guys are freaking out about Jets after they played Bill Belichick who knows how to make rookie QBs uncomfortable...

 

"Belichick improved his record against rookie passers to 22-6 via the Patriots' victory over the Jets. Belichick's defenses have now allowed just 9.5 points per game in their last six games against rookie quarterbacks. His opponents in those contests include Wilson, Tua Tagovailoa, Justin Herbert, Daniel Jones, Sam Darnold and Josh Allen. All were top-10 selections.

The Patriots have also allowed just 20 TD passes to rookie QBs under Belichick. They have recorded a whopping 41 interceptions during that time."

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Snook said:

Who?

Im not going to name them all and look back but there were some decent free agents available in 2020 that would have improved this roster. 

Review our roster it's weak we lack many key starting positions and depth in many areas. 

We needed to acquire a decent TE we failed. 

WR Corey Davis nice addition but still need another legit WR maybe Galloday would have been a good signing to help ZW. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Im not going to name them all and look back but there were some decent free agents available in 2020 that would have improved this roster. 

Review our roster it's weak we lack many key starting positions and depth in many areas. 

We needed to acquire a decent TE we failed. 

 

I was talking about 2019.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2021 at 8:14 AM, kevinc855 said:

They won 7 games. They were not better they were much better 

That team also started 1-7 (with a SECOND YEAR QB) when the season was still up for grabs and then beat a bunch of tomato cans to eek out 6 of their last 8 wins. This team has played two games. 

Long way to go comparing this team to that one. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, MyFavoriteMartin28 said:

Also you guys are freaking out about Jets after they played Bill Belichick who knows how to make rookie QBs uncomfortable...

 

"Belichick improved his record against rookie passers to 22-6 via the Patriots' victory over the Jets. Belichick's defenses have now allowed just 9.5 points per game in their last six games against rookie quarterbacks. His opponents in those contests include Wilson, Tua Tagovailoa, Justin Herbert, Daniel Jones, Sam Darnold and Josh Allen. All were top-10 selections.

The Patriots have also allowed just 20 TD passes to rookie QBs under Belichick. They have recorded a whopping 41 interceptions during that time."

Yes his 72.7 winning percentage against rookie QB's is amazingly better than his 72.5 percent winning percentage against the entire league as the Pats HC. 

The Pats under BB win most of the time.  That's one of the reasons we go through HC and GM's.  BB is good and is in our division.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MyFavoriteMartin28 said:

Also you guys are freaking out about Jets after they played Bill Belichick who knows how to make rookie QBs uncomfortable...

 

"Belichick improved his record against rookie passers to 22-6 via the Patriots' victory over the Jets. Belichick's defenses have now allowed just 9.5 points per game in their last six games against rookie quarterbacks. His opponents in those contests include Wilson, Tua Tagovailoa, Justin Herbert, Daniel Jones, Sam Darnold and Josh Allen. All were top-10 selections.

The Patriots have also allowed just 20 TD passes to rookie QBs under Belichick. They have recorded a whopping 41 interceptions during that time."

Zachs bad game has nothing to do with BB.

He just made bad throws and choices 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2021 at 8:26 AM, sec101row23 said:

Actually, the “rebuild” is working exactly as the Johnson brothers have hoped it would.  A rebuild keeps fans hopeful while accepting losing.   The perennial mantra of “hey we have a top 3 draft pick and $80M in cap room, oh the possibilities” is the ultimate rebuilding mindset.   It’s exhausting, wake me up when it becomes about the wins and losses, because this perennial rebuilding has run its course.  

Great points. In today’s NFL, with the obscene amounts of $ that each franchise now makes from all the tv and merchandise deals the league has with it’s business partners, there is zero incentive to win. None.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MyFavoriteMartin28 said:

He’s played 8 quarters of football you guys have to relax….and yes numbers don’t lie Bill Belichick schemes well against rookies, look at the TD to Int ratio. 

I’m not freaking about about Zach. But I’m also not going to chalk his poor choices and throws up to some great defensive scheme.

He needs to learn check downs 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Zachs bad game has nothing to do with BB.

He just made bad throws and choices 

Huh?  The greatest defensive mind in the history of football vs a kid from BYU in his 2nd nfl game.

I am sure bellichek had nothing to do with this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DoubleDown said:

It's amazing what one week of getting battered can do to a quarterback.  The Panthers rattled Wilson, and he subsequently spent the entire game in Week 2 throwing off his back foot whether there was real pressure or not.  We did not see these tendencies at all during camp and preseason.

The Jets need to fix it and quickly.  The last thing we need is the young franchise quarterback getting ruined before he reaches the halfway point of his rookie season.  The offensive line should have been embarrassed by their performance in Week 1.  They rebounded nicely, but some damage has already been done.  Wilson needs to settle back down and gain his confidence back.  It's easier said than done.

Absolutely nailed it, Wilson was panicking.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Huh?  The greatest defensive mind in the history of football vs a kid from BYU in his 2nd nfl game.

I am sure bellichek had nothing to do with this.

He didn’t. Watch some tape man 

Link to post
Share on other sites

lets see, New: HC, OC, DC, all new position coaches, new schemes, one of the youngest - if not the youngest - rosters in the league and the rebuild is a failure, really?

having said that, what I expected was some dysfunction on the road to becoming a "legitimate" competitive team... Now they should get better every week and if they do not then you either have:1) the wrong players - and can fault the CS and FO, 2) Wrong schemes or are way to complicated for players (see #1 - remember they drafted high caliber players), 3) wrong CS, and 4) Wrong FO.  

Now maybe the schemes can be simplified to help but if they do that and are still failing, then yea, I'll agree the plan is failing.   However,  if they do get better and are a goood competitive football team by say game 10-12, then we are on the right path. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, section314 said:

Great points. In today’s NFL, with the obscene amounts of $ that each franchise now makes from all the tv and merchandise deals the league has with it’s business partners, there is zero incentive to win. None.

These guys don't even need to do anything and this is profitable to them.  But, Ownership is 100% a club, and the problem with the Johnson's is the fact that they kept getting their d*cks stomped on by everybody at the club and were too stupid to notice everybody laughing. 

This entire process that we are 2 games into was the whole point that the Johnson's were done getting d*ck stomped and were letting the football guys do their thing. 

We are 2 games into the season.

Your team Winning means you swing the biggest d*ck at the club.  All the boys want it.

They don't care about the money.

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Icer said:

People want rebuilds, but can't tolerate what it actually looks like. 

Not all of us. I’m not a big believer in it. They are risky. It gets tossed around without a clear definitions.

I have seen tho losing franchises are the ones saying they are “rebuilding” and winning franchisees are simply “retooling” each year 

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Icer said:

People want rebuilds, but can't tolerate what it actually looks like. 

Is it supposed to look like a decade of being the worst team in the league?

 

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

For reasons unknown other than the default poor leadership from ownership/business side- the Jets since Mangini have done an absolute horrid job at identifying football character and been a able to conduct risk assessment of potential injury in both free agency and the draft. Like unfathomably bad.

Bell

Trumaine Johnson 

Polite

Revis 2.0

Becton

Milliner

Amaro

Pryor

Geno

Percy Harvin

Wilkerson 2.0

Coples

Sheldon Richardson

Kyle Wilson

Devin Smith

Steve Hill

Darron Lee

Aradrius Stewart

The corner from Miami who quit the team

Im sure I'm missing a few too, but these were all high picks, major signings and literally all these dudes have been busts and or took the Johsnon's money and produced squat. This spans multiple GM's. It's impossible to be this bad.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Is it supposed to look like a decade of being the worst team in the league?

 

JD's rebuild is in Year 2. What came before matters to fans, not the front office.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2021 at 12:05 PM, FidelioJet said:

This is what was most concerning.  I don't mind him taking shots, being aggressive and making mistakes.  That was going to happen and I'm totally cool with him being agressive.

The problem is he was not accurate at all.  Even the completions weren't precise.  

Not sure you can fix that..

He was pinpoint accurate the first game

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...