If Jets go 3-14 or worse does Joe Douglas get fired

If Jets go 3-14 or worse does Joe Douglas get fired?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. If Jets go 3-14 or worse do we throw Snow Joe away?

• Yes - He's led the worst stretch of Jets football
    • No - we need to be patient. Mac left him a mess.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/26/2021 at 04:00 PM

Does Snow Joe get another mulligan if 2021 is another hopeless/terrible Jets season? I've read a lot of post that suggest Joe is safe no matter what happens in 2021. It doesn't seem very forward thinking to allow a GM with a such poor track record in both the draft and free agency to continue to put his handprint on this franchise. That would be a disservice to the next GM the Jets hire. We have a lot of draft picks and cap space ready to be used after this season...I think we could get good GM candidates who would want Saleh as their head coach. 

• Thumb Down 6

I know this has been said a lot but it’s true . If the “rebuild” shows some hope, ZW looks good, players that were drafted show promise, competitive losses that make it look like Jets could actually turn into something with a few more players he’s safe, but if what we saw yesterday is the Sunday norm F**K no he shouldn’t be back. We saw one player from the 2020 draft on the field what the hell does that say about a rebuild focused on developing young players 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

At this point Douglas has combined the Idzik bargain shopping approach to free agency and the drafting acumen of Mike Maccagnan. 

Query me this -- if JD were to lose his job, who has he drafted that the next GM could trade for 1st and 2nd round draft picks?

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Firing the GM & coach every 2-3 years is very counter productive and part of the reason we're always turning over the roster. Sometimes you have to let people work through things and learn. 

if people think this will somehow bring the better coaches and gm's to the team i've got a bridge or two to sell them.  true enough the jets shouldn't put up with a bad gm or coach because they are patient or they don't want to keep paying a guy under contract.  i just haven't seen too much bad from douglas and it's really way to early to have any thoughts about saleh.  both of these guys are highly regarded throughout the nfl.  maybe that's a clubby type thing but so were all of college coaches the jets were looking at to replace bowles and then gase.

• Upvote 2

Changing gm every 3 years is not a recipe that has been working for the jets, why don't we support our guy and give him more then 2 drafts to work with.. nobody thought jets were going to be a 6+ win team so why is everyone freaking out over 2 losses?  I personally didn't expect the jets to win these 2 games so its no suprise to me we didn't 

• Upvote 2

Joe is terrible said it for over a year but he will be here 100% next year even if the jets dont win a game

Joe's greatest accomplishment is getting fans to buy into every year is the start of his rebuild. Joe has been on the Jets payroll for 3 years now. Parcells had us in the AFC championship by now and he was handed a 1-15 team

The only solution for the jets is to pay a proven winner and you will have to vastly over pay for him as well-but Woody and Co will never do that-they will have to wait another ten years to figure out what Leon Hess figured out at the end-pay somebody that has done it before 

The only time in my 40+ years of attending games since I was a kid that I had hope was when the jets brought in parcells who almost got us to the promise land -two pesky turnovers did us in

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, extmenace said:

This is crazy. I’m starting to think I was in the minority as far as expectations went for this team. I assumed we were going to end up with another top 5ish pick in the draft. This team is in a rebuild, is extremely young, and Has a first time HC, OC, QB. 

go look at the 2019 Miami dolphin game log. This is what I was expecting. A bad team early in the season that would be dominated, followed by a bad team that started getting more competitive, to a mediocre team that will be able to steal a couple wins and not be a push over. That should be the expectation for this team. We aren’t firing anyone for at least the next two seasons. These threads are getting crazy.

a great excuse joe created to buy himself more time and to get folks to believe this is year one -it is not-he has been getting paid three years -during that time he should have been building the teams talent but he didnt-he missed on his first draft and brought in terrible free agents like perriman and his awful FA on the Oline.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Seeing Darnold playing well in Carolina coupled with how our Jets look right now is a horrible look for Glass Joe Douglas.

• Upvote 1