If Jets go 3-14 or worse does Joe Douglas get fired

If Jets go 3-14 or worse does Joe Douglas get fired?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. If Jets go 3-14 or worse do we throw Snow Joe away?

• Yes - He's led the worst stretch of Jets football
    • No - we need to be patient. Mac left him a mess.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/26/2021 at 04:00 PM

16 hours ago, slats said:

I expected a rough start. This was a two win team last year. They have a rookie HC, OC, QB, and a bunch more starting or contributing. If you had some great expectations, that’s your issue. I knew not to expect much in the win column, and have been saying as much for months. This is a work in process, a process I’m not unhappy with. You should get used to it. These guys are here for the long haul. 

I think the other thing that's easy to overlook is how many camp competitions & injuries there were, limiting a core group's time together (while installing a new offense, no less). Whether due to injury or competition, there were a good amount of starter rotations over the summer - or now into the season - at:

1. LT
  2. LG
  3. RG
  4. RT
  5. Y
  6. Z
  7. TE
  8. RB

I mean, since camp started the only ones who haven't lost a good amount of starter snaps are Wilson, Davis, and McGovern. 3 of 11, and 1 of those 3 is their rookie QB doing trial by fire.

So with all these rookies on the field and coaching-rookies (in their current capacities) managing them, a bunch of inconsistency is hardly shocking. It's ugly to see it, but it's the truth. That doesn't mean it'll get better; just that this shouldn't have been totally unexpected out of the gate even if it does get much, much better even by midseason or next month (or next week). 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

While I agree with this sentiment in general, nothing is gained by keeping around a guy you know who can't do the job just because.

If Saleh turns into the defensive Freddie Kitchens, are you giving him 3 years no matter what?

I don’t think that happens. 

But hypothetically yeah I really would keep Salah and JD another 3 years minimum.

56 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I believe Robert Saleh deserves at the very least 4 seasons - same as Todd Bowles. It's the guy buying the "groceries" I'm most concerned with at this point thus far. We got 15 games left to see how things develop. I genuinely hope things turn around this season to give us some sliver of hope for 2022.

I believe that no one "deserves" anything.  I believe people earn what they get, including the right to stay in a well paying job. 

I, as a fan, cannot make any determination on that for Saleh based only on two games, and I'd doubt anyone, even the best experts, could do so with such a small resume to evaluate. 

I don't want to get ahead of things just so I can be "right on the internet".  Two games in, results are very disappointing.  But I'm fine waiting till year end to start making real judgements as to how I feel about this staff.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1