Well, someone has to ask this. Would the Jets be worse off than they are now if Gase was still HC

More Cowbell

Gase has never developed a QB.

-Darnold - fail

-Tannehill's best Miami years were before Gase arrived

-Cutler was a 10th year vet when Gase got his hands on him for one year in CHI.

-Peyton Manning - "One or two sugars, sir?"

Rewarding failure by giving Gase an opportunity to develop another QB would not only be foolish but downright un-American.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, jgb said:

Gase has never developed a QB.

-Darnold - fail

-Cutler was a 10th year vet when Gase got his hands on him for one year in CHI.

-Tannehill's best Miami years were before Gase arrived

Giving Gase another opportunity to develop another QB would not only be foolish but downright un-American.

The bolded part was ALWAYS ignored by those who defended Gase last year!  

Indeed, Gase made Tannehill less effective and Tanny now has gone on to have a reassurance of sorts in Tennessee.....

Adam Gase.. Adam Gase

Adam Gase was responsible for some of the WORST football I have ever seen at the NFL level and that includes Rich Kotite!

Remember those games when Sam was out with MONO.. I have NEVER seen a WORSE TEAM EVER AT THE NFL LEVEL!

Adam Gase!

Good Grief!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, Albaniajet said:

Gase was horrible.  In an alternate reality Woody hires McCarthy two years ago and Sam is still here playing well and we have a much better roster

I wanted McCarthy at the time as the best of what I saw as bad options. We were very late in the cycle of musical coaching chairs and once we lost Rhule and McCarthy, we were basically left with the panic hire of Gase, which was an abject disaster.

McCarthy certainly would've been better than Gase but is he the long term answer? We know he can win with loaded squads/elite QBs but he's largely an unknown in more... challenging situations where the Jets seem to continuously find themselves.

• Upvote 1

Gase in Miami and here believed in getting rid of players who he couldn’t fit into the system even if they were talented. The thing is his system wasn’t that good but he only had two years on the job. He didn’t have the cred to get more years like an established coach like Payton would etc. They could withstand bad seasons. Because they had been successful in the NFL. One guy to look at is Urban Meyer who has the cred but not in the NFL. If he doesn’t turn it around in two seasons there it will be interesting to see what happens in Jax. 

4 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Oh but we had folks out here saying that McCarthy was just as bad as Adam Gase!

OH NO HE WASN'T or ISN'T!!

McCarthy is so much better than not only Gase but Saleh and he easily would have been our best HC since Bill Parcells

The guy developed Aaron Freakin Rodgers what else did the Johnsons want?

• Thumb Down 2

Just now, jgb said:

I wanted McCarthy at the time as the best of what I saw as bad options. We were very late in the cycle of musical coaching chairs and once we lost Rhule and McCarthy, we were basically left with the panic hire of Gase, which was an abject disaster.

McCarthy certainly would've been better than Gase but is he the long term answer? We know he can win with loaded squads/elite QBs but he's largely an unknown in more... challenging situations where the Jets seems to continuously find themselves.

It’s the great fork in the road.  Woody picks McCarthy we still have Sam here, a better roster, and maybe not a playoff team but at least we’re playing competitive football

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2