1 minute ago, msena88 said:

I agree with you but when you watch him in the postgame, he was asked about seeing the field a number of times and every time he said he saw the field perfectly and knew exactly what they were doing, "execution was just off". On some of those throws unless guys ran the complete wrong route, I'm not sure how you could be seeing it well and make the throws he did.

Because sports press conferences are like a room temperature baloney sandwich. Yes, the functional elements of important discourse are there. Cameras, lights, podium, reporters -- but in the end it's a tasteless artifice that never satisfies.

Oh man, I thought this was gonna be a nihilistic thread about being over the Jets and that you were moving on, and I would have been totally on board with that. Instead I got this positive thread littered with hope and empathy and I have to tell you it makes me sick to my stomach.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

I can’t help but think that if we got that missed forced fumble call on the first series, it would have changed the entire game script.  Zach would’ve thrown his first pick way earlier which might have changed the play calling dynamics.

That's the problem why this BS of the refs always helping BB and we have to hear how great he is. They did it later in the game when we were driving in an up tempo way and then its like injury timeout they call it when a NE player needs something done with his helmet. That should either have been a timeout by NE or just a player substitution and if you get a 5 yard Delay of Game penalty so be it. No, BE used that to stop the Jets momentum on the drive. These were 2 situations that the Jets could have gotten TDs on that change the game dynamics. You have to always friggen hate BB  and the refs for this crap since it happens at least 2-3 times every time you play them and 2-3 things like that heavily affect the game.  

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

That's the problem why this BS of the refs always helping BB and we have to hear how great he is. They did it later in the game when we were driving in an up tempo way and then its like injury timeout they call it when a NE player needs something done with his helmet. That should either have been a timeout by NE or just a player substitution and if you get a 5 yard Delay of Game penalty so be it. No, BE used that to stop the Jets momentum on the drive. These were 2 situations that the Jets could have gotten TDs on that change the game dynamics. You have to always friggen hate BB  and the refs for this crap since it happens at least 2-3 times every time you play them and 2-3 things like that heavily affect the game.  

Ah back to the old "NFL and national media conspiracy against the Jets."

Stop selling this team short. We don't need help from anyone to suck.

2 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Too much rhetoric on this forum today. It’s pretty simple. The rookie QB was overwhelmed by the guy that historically overwhelms rookie QBs. The rest of the team actually all got thumbs up from me. Wilson sucked but 1 game is not a trend and next week now has extra intrigue. 

Zach Wilson looked like a rookie QB who faced a coach who has been in the league for 47 years. Zach Wilson's mom was one when Belichick came into the league.

• Haha 1
39 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Oh man, I thought this was gonna be a nihilistic thread about being over the Jets and that you were moving on, and I would have been totally on board with that. Instead I got this positive thread littered with hope and empathy and I have to tell you it makes me sick to my stomach.

Braxton Family Values Reaction GIF by WE tv

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Mac Jones played way better competition in college than ZW did hopefully our rookie QB can overcome the mistakes he made yesterday. 

Mac Jones also played WITH a better supporting cast Alabama has had 4 receivers go in rd1 past 2 drafts. The closest Zach Wilson teammate drafted was a backup tackle drafted in rd 3

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Justin Herbert and the Chargers were shutout last year by the Patriots in week 13 and he threw two picks.

It's the Patriots v rookie quarterbacks. We know how this story goes. 

It's gonna be rough next week, too. The start to our schedule is brutal.

I'm not sure I agree. The running game was working and Wilson just needed to play contained and safe in the passing game. We would have had a legit chance. 

1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I think the first pick was even more forced than the second one. The fourth one was just a terrible throw. He made the same one at the end of the game. 

The first one was just an awful decision, IMO. Receiver was never open, there were three defenders in the area.

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Zach Wilson is a gunslinger this is what happens INT's happen but so does TD passes which aren't happening this is a problem. 

Exactly.

Brett Favre would have 4 picks in a game but he would also have 3 touchdowns and 400 yards passing. I’m still finding it hard to justify yesterday’s performance as Zach “trying to do too much“.  I think he did too little.  

SAR I

1 hour ago, UnknownJetFan said:

It looked like they needed to fix the radio receiver in the DBs helmet.  They probably have a mini speaker in every helmet that tells defenders when to look for the ball.

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

That was true with the 2nd pick -- instead of taking the easy throw he went for more yardage and threw high (Davis should have caught anyway.)

The other picks kind of fell into "what was he looking at" territory for me.

I agree with the what was he looking at territory. He zigged when he should have zagged. I'm wondering whether or not he's injured already?

There were four or five throws during that game that were head scratchers to me just WTF? Some throws he should have rifled it, and instead he lobbed it, or threw short and vice versa.

Again I will compliment the kid on his post game interview he's very intelligent. He might be pushing himself and throwing off his natural rhythm. I'm not trying to make excuses but I think it also didn't help that I couldn't even figure out who the hell half the wide receivers were. Twice during the post game press conference he subtly alluded to miscommunication with his receivers. He also stated that the rhythm felt off.

I felt that everybody else on the team is trending upwards. The defense looked fierce, the running backs were kicking ass, both lines looked better etc. I just hope our new QB isn't dealing with a rotator cuff or an AC joint impingement LOL. He did not look the same to me yesterday.

Also when asked if he was seeing ghosts, I appreciated his temperament when he dead panned the reporter and said ...no definitely not.

Lastly we have to remember that the whole team is full of rookies, including the players, coaches and coordinators and it was only the second game. Maybe we all have high expectations and when you get your ass kicked it makes it that much worse? There's 15 games left so let's dust off and get ready for next week.

48 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

I'm not sure I agree. The running game was working and Wilson just needed to play contained and safe in the passing game. We would have had a legit chance. 

I don't want that Kirk Cousins, Derek Carr, Teddy Bridgewater, Chad Pennington quarterback. 

It's year one with a new coach, scheme and quarterback. Everyone is learning on the fly.

Mahomes and Lamar yesterday were not playing "safe", and there were a number of plays where they made irresponsible decisions/showed poor mechanics - but it worked more often than not, because they both have some special talent. Wilson has that with his arm.

I get there is a time and a place for playing it safe, but not in a year where the best case scenario was what, 7-9?

All gas no brake

I've been over it.  I really have no emotional response to this team anymore....completely numb to their ineptitude.  lol

We've seen 2 games of Zach Wilson, he's been absolutely terrible for 7 of those 8 quarters.  Yesterday, the OL gave him plenty of time, he had WR's open, the running game was going, the D was holding their ground, it was a home game with rowdy crowd and he put up quite possibly, the worst QB performance I've ever seen.  He's a mess, not only mechanically but mentally and is a huge project to fix with no alternative option.  Unfortunately, I'm having a hard time finding the silver linings today and I dont really understand all this optimism toward Zach, at this point, it's purely blind hope.   

The reality is, it does get any easier and he doesnt have a whole lot of time to fix it.   Fangio is one of the best week to week game planners in the NFL.  He's just as versed as BB in confusing rookie QB's and getting them to play awful Football.  I'd also argue, Denver has more talent then the Pats on D.  He embarrassed the Generational QB yesterday on the road and the Jets are entering Denver to face an undefeated team for their first home game of the season.

Fellas, you thought New England was bad?  lol  Buckle up, we might see 5 picks and a couple of fumbles to top it off this week!

2 hours ago, msena88 said:

I agree with you but when you watch him in the postgame, he was asked about seeing the field a number of times and every time he said he saw the field perfectly and knew exactly what they were doing, "execution was just off". On some of those throws unless guys ran the complete wrong route, I'm not sure how you could be seeing it well and make the throws he did.

I was also trying to understand the picks.  (Just from the point of view of trying to predict if it's likely to improve or not.)

The second pick, I think none of us care about that one.

The first pick, it looks like it was an option route.  Against man Davis was supposed to keep going, against zone he's supposed to sit down.  It was clearly man - but he stopped.  It seems that ZW was correctly coached that Davis is the read on that play - but then he threw it anyway when Davis ran the wrong option.

The 3rd and 4th picks - I have no idea what was going on there.  It didn't seem like he was trying to "fit it in" - they just seemed to be terrible throws to nowhere.

He had other passes that were pretty off-target - like that checkdown to Carter when he was all alone.  He looked flustered to me, TBH.

Or maybe he has mono...