RIP Savage69

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He passed away on august 6th. Gonna miss my old road trip buddy    Edit: below is a text from his niece   “Hi Jim.  I meant to text Wednesday but it’s been a hectic couple of days.

This is terrible news. @Savage69 was the kind of guy that I originally thought you had to watch out for. Then after getting to know him, I realized it was the  other way around. He was the one watchin

John Savage and I met decades ago...when the internet first got started.  We belonged to a forum called the Green House which is now long gone.  John only had one jersey because he refused to invest i

Posted Images

1 minute ago, BP said:

Somebody on JI threatened to run him over in the Giants stadium parking lot if he saw him over the Curtis Martin bashing.

RLLOL!  I don't recall that one, BP.  Those were some fun days on that board.  No way Sav would ever back down and lose an argument.

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, BP said:

He was a great poster and he was fun to party with too. Many lost weekends on ft lauderdale blvd with him before Jets/Fins games.

Must have been cool to meet someone from the internet world in person.  Sounds like Sav was a blast in real life, too.   Those must be some incredible stories, BP.

• Upvote 2

RIP, Savage. I'll miss your takes on all things Jets even more than I will miss seeing your avatar.

One of the guys who was around on Jets boards forever, and always good to debate with.

A big loss to the Jets community.

• Upvote 4
12 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

He was an edgy, curmudgeonly guy with a great sense of humor and the memory of an elephant for Jets history. I'll miss him. RIP

All true. And he was level headed through the bad Jets times and good. I could be wrong on both counts but I believe he served in-country and was a mountain of a man. But he was not made "savage" by the pain of war or made arrogant by dint of his size. I never went back and forth with him on anything because I was in awe, And just listening was enough. I say that about next to no one. Sav, hope you are enjoying champagne, and that it is served in the manner that you seem to like.

• Like 2
  • Maxman unpinned this topic