RIP Savage69

BP

5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

@BP we will definitely pin this, more people will see it right now on the main page so let's keep bumping it.  But we should:

1. Pin this for the entire football season, so Savage is in our hearts all season long

2. Figure out some way to keep Savage's memory alive.  We should throw out ideas:

The Savage Curtis Martin Poster Award - this poster wins the award for compiling posts. None of them any good. Just 4 yards at a time. 

:)

I am sure we can come up with something better than that. But let's create a yearly award or honor is his name. @Savage69 is a hero, those who aren't hear yet need to know about him.

Also BP if you are comfortable with it, can you share this thread with his family? This way they know how much he meant to us?

Thank You. 

Dude

5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

@BP we will definitely pin this, more people will see it right now on the main page so let's keep bumping it.  But we should:

1. Pin this for the entire football season, so Savage is in our hearts all season long

2. Figure out some way to keep Savage's memory alive.  We should throw out ideas:

The Savage Curtis Martin Poster Award - this poster wins the award for compiling posts. None of them any good. Just 4 yards at a time. 

I am sure we can come up with something better than that. But let's create a yearly award or honor is his name. @Savage69 is a hero, those who aren't hear yet need to know about him.

Also BP if you are comfortable with it, can you share this thread with his family? This way they know how much he meant to us?

Thank You. 

Easy way to honor Sav's memory/legacy: A "Can You Top This" contest where we try to find a hotter avatar than Sav's.  Put @Jetsfan80 in charge.  lol

• Haha 2

Such sad news. Guy was a passionate poster, but always kept it civil, didn't take things personally (not with me anyway ).

As others have said, i remember him from way back in the JI days ... every thread that mentioned Chris Martin, you just sat back and waited for him to show up.

RIP Savage.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Just updated my avatar!!!  I will honor him and his GREAT Avatar! Until year end.

You know, it's funny as hell, I remember a very old avatar of his, the clam dong! 

I had no idea what a Geoduck was, I saw that Avatar and was blown away it was so funny and oddlooking, lol.  Ah, good times.

He rocked that one for a while back at JI, then if I recall he had his own pic for a while (hence the "wasn't Sav a badass" point above).

Ol' Sav never lacked a good avatar.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Thank You. 

I gotta go to PT right now, but I have some great ideas brewing for when I come back.

thanks Phil!

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Gainzo said:

Hey mate.

I just took a look and Savage signed up here in March of 2005. Good sparing partner as he detested the Pats!

Hey Steve good to see you back, the funny thing about Savage was you couldn't miss him in Miami he wore that white Jets Jersey with Savage and the #69 on it. He was built like a brick sh!thouse too not the kind of a guy that anyone would start something with-regardless of where the Jets were playing

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Hey Steve good to see you back, the funny thing about Savage was you couldn't miss him in Miami he wore that white Jets Jersey with Savage and the #69 on it. He was built like a brick sh!thouse too not the kind of a guy that anyone would start something with-regardless of where the Jets were playing

Is it wrong that I'm getting emotional;? He was such an a$$hole. A GOOD a$$hole haha!

He really was one of a kind. 

Happy to see you are still around SoFlaJets.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

[mention=6730]BP[/mention] we will definitely pin this, more people will see it right now on the main page so let's keep bumping it.  But we should:

I am sure we can come up with something better than that. But let's create a yearly award or honor is his name. [mention=5436]Savage69[/mention] is a hero, those who aren't hear yet need to know about him.
Thank You. 

We should all change our avatars to Savage’s until the Jets win the Super Bowl. It’s the right thing to do.

RIP

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1