RIP Savage69

BP

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I just searched my private message inbox for Savage. And a few threads popped up about him, people complaining about that avatar. Too funny! That is definitely how he rolled.

I haven't been here in ages but will always remember him and his avatar.

Now you need to tell us who complained about his avatar haha

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I just searched my private message inbox for Savage. And a few threads popped up about him, people complaining about that avatar. Too funny! That is definitely how he rolled.

The avatar was always fun while surfing the site at work. Lots of memories of hastily switching windows whenever someone approached my desk.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

I love Savage and I always have. That avatar causes us problems with Google though. So unfortunately that isn't an option for us.

Yes, Savage is laughing at me right now lol.

Yes, that champagne glass was offensive

?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

I never complained but I was always afraid that his avatar would get me in trouble if the wrong person walked by at the wrong time while surfing the board at work. I mean the only alternative was to not read/post during work and we all know that's not happening! 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Except wasn't Sav sorta ripped and a badass of sorts?  I feel like we saw his pic somewhere online along the way.

This news has REALLY hit me hard in the feels, to steal a millennial internet phrase.  Like a few have noted, Sav goes as far back as I can recall in my own lengthy time online with the Jets.  I really liked Sav, and he always tolerated me better than most, lol.  I never met him, but I'd like to think we'd have gotten along in person like gangbusters honestly.

I wish, especially for "internet friends", you had the chance to say how much you appreciated them before they go.  To let them know that they were, in some part, a valued part of your e-life, in this case our collective mutual love of the Jets.

Damn.  Clear skies and calm seas Sav.  

There’s a pic of him from 10 years ago on fb in a tank top at the Bahia cabana when he was 67. @Maxman was definitely intimidated 

yeah, he was a genetic freak.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

I never complained but I was always afraid that his avatar would get me in trouble if the wrong person walked by at the wrong time while surfing the board at work. I mean the only alternative was to not read/post during work and we all know that's not happening! 

I was just posting the same thing and then deleted the post and then I saw yours!!! :) I wasn't the only one!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not to make this about me, but lately I've been dealing with a lot of "existential dread" and thoughts about death  and dying, the afterlife, etc.  One of those thoughts that popped into my head was thinking about what it was going to be like when we inevitably started losing more of our long-time JN posters.  This sucks.  

RIP Savage.  You were one of the greats here.

And how Sav, unknowingly through his avatar, helped initiate myriad marital (or otherwise) bliss encounters.  We owe him a mountain of thanks.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1