LaFleur (thus far) is hot garbage

13 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Bingo! yeah that second one for sure. the last two well maybe not, but it all good zach will impriove

Yup, talking the Davis pass.  Even Davis said it was on him.  Ball went through his hands and then was picked.  

Happens

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Always a great idea to draft a rookie, then align him with a first time HC and especially novice OC.    Sounds like it might be a recipe for disaster.  But as long as the OC has a brother, or other close relative, who has had some success in the NFL then it should be fine.

Western civilization was built on nepotism.  

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

You decided that pre-season didn't encompass the whole pre-season. Stop gaslighting. 

Yeah, good point youre trying to make

Now back to the preseason, which games did you see Zach forcing the ball?  Giants?  Pack? Which play.  Enlighten us since you feel like continuing the clown show where you claim a practice INT is same as a preseason game. 

50 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, good point youre trying to make

Now back to the preseason, which games did you see Zach forcing the ball?  Giants?  Pack? Which play.  Enlighten us since you feel like continuing the clown show where you claim a practice INT is same as a preseason game. 

Oh, gee, the same mistakes from practice carrying over to a game. I guess every coach just says that for no reason at all.

You're either a troll with skill far beyond Sar or I have no idea what the hell you are...

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Barton said:

Carson Palmer was #1 overall and sat for his entire rookie year. Baker Mayfield was #1 overall and didnt start week 1 either.

Whether Wilson was #2 or #25, isnt the issue. If the Jets are thinking smart, they wouldnt have started him week 1.

Mahomes was a 1st rd pick, sat his entire year. Ditto Lamar Jackson and Aaron Rodgers.

And I'm not even abdocating him to sit the entire year, but at least the first quarter of the season until the team gels and the coaching staff has a better idea of what they are doing. 

I think our organization made up their mind a long time ago this is a throwaway year..so that’s probably why they start him week 1 for NFL reps.

53 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Oh, gee, the same mistakes from practice carrying over to a game. I guess every coach just says that for no reason at all.

You're either a troll with skill far beyond Sar or I have no idea what the hell you are...

Which preseason game did you see his forcing the ball 

You have no answer so you go back to the same stupid accusations 

14 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Which preseason game did you see his forcing the ball 

You have no answer so you go back to the same stupid accusations 

Again, you make up sh*t. You never provide any evidence. You will change the subject instead of responding to the direct data provided and then you ask for other unrelated things. Over and over. 

You defended all of the previous disasters on this franchise until they were let go at which point you flip flopped on them.

Why? Why are you like this? Why do you do this? 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

43 minutes ago, InstantClassic said:

I think our organization made up their mind a long time ago this is a throwaway year..so that’s probably why they start him week 1 for NFL reps.

OR....the Johnsons are too cheap to pay a decent vet qb to get hammered on a one year deal.

• WTF? 1

43 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Again, you make up sh*t. You never provide any evidence. You will change the subject instead of responding to the direct data provided and then you ask for other unrelated things. Over and over. 

You defended all of the previous disasters on this franchise until they were let go at which point you flip flopped on them.

Why? Why are you like this? Why do you do this? 

What evidence dolt, you’re the one that said he was overly aggressive all preseason.  How am I’m supposed to prove he wasn’t?  I said in games, pick one play or one game.  What is this 4,5 posts saying absolutely nothing?  STFU with the why do you do this, tell me which game or as I’ve said often to you, say you’re sorry and move on already.  It’s not that hard

• Thumb Down 1

23 hours ago, Barton said:

Carson Palmer was #1 overall and sat for his entire rookie year. Baker Mayfield was #1 overall and didnt start week 1 either.

Whether Wilson was #2 or #25, isnt the issue. If the Jets are thinking smart, they wouldnt have started him week 1.

Mahomes was a 1st rd pick, sat his entire year. Ditto Lamar Jackson and Aaron Rodgers.

And I'm not even abdocating him to sit the entire year, but at least the first quarter of the season until the team gels and the coaching staff has a better idea of what they are doing. 

Jackson and Mahomes both started games their first year.  In Jacksons case the starting QB who took them to a SB was sat down for sucking.  Cam Newton was just cut by arguably the best HC in NFL history to start a rookie QB drafted 15.  

Mohomes didn't start year 1 because KC had a playoff caliber team with a playoff caliber starter under a hard contract.  Same is true of Baltimore.  In both casses the rookies took the job outright from the Vets.  It's pure speculation that it helped them develop.

Rodgers was a late round pick who sat behind a HOF QB.  There is no way in hell GB planned to sit him for 4 years.  It probably cost them a SB.  

Carson Palmer forced his way off of the Bengals.  Not exactly a the poster boy for how to develop a franchise QB.  

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Jackson and Mahomes both started games their first year.  In Jacksons case the starting QB who took them to a SB was sat down for sucking.  Cam Newton was just cut by arguably the best HC in NFL history to start a rookie QB drafted 15.  

Mohomes didn't start year 1 because KC had a playoff caliber team with a playoff caliber starter under a hard contract.  Same is true of Baltimore.  In both casses the rookies took the job outright from the Vets.  It's pure speculation that it helped them develop.

Rodgers was a late round pick who sat behind a HOF QB.  There is no way in hell GB planned to sit him for 4 years.  It probably cost them a SB.  

Carson Palmer forced his way off of the Bengals.  Not exactly a the poster boy for how to develop a franchise QB.  

None of that matters. And you skipped Baker Mayfield.

Bottom line is this - Wilson almost got killed week 1. Jets players and coaching staff were not prepared. He shouldnt have been out there.

I just named about 5 1st rd pick QBs who didnt start week 1. All I'm saying is, Wilson shouldnt have been out there week 1. Not saying anything about week 6 or 10 etc. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Barton said:

None of that matters. And you skipped Baker Mayfield.

Bottom line is this - Wilson almost got killed week 1. Jets players and coaching staff were not prepared. He shouldnt have been out there.

I just named about 5 1st rd pick QBs who didnt start week 1. All I'm saying is, Wilson shouldnt have been out there week 1. Not saying anything about week 6 or 10 etc. 

you haven’t shown correlation that it helped them and is hurting Zach. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Barton said:

Even more of a reason NOT to start him week 1, IMO. Reckless decision. 

JD and Woody paid too much attention to their own headlines in the offseason.  The pundits who know everything like Chris Simms and Cris Collinsworth raving about Zach not only being better than Trevor but the next Aaron Rodgers.  Why sign a veteran qb to start or even be a back up?

Rodgers sat the first 3 seasons of his career but hey what’s reality matter?

1 hour ago, Barton said:

Aside from the concussion he almost had week 1 and the scared back foot throwing he had week 2? 

LOL, what scared back foot throwing?   When did he almost get a concussion?  Now we're guessing hits we see on TV were close to causing concussions?  

He wasnt throwing off his back foot in Carolina and now, not getting hit against NE he started because of Carolina? 

56 minutes ago, Albaniajet said:

JD and Woody paid too much attention to their own headlines in the offseason.  The pundits who know everything like Chris Simms and Cris Collinsworth raving about Zach not only being better than Trevor but the next Aaron Rodgers.  Why sign a veteran qb to start or even be a back up?

Rodgers sat the first 3 seasons of his career but hey what’s reality matter?

Why do some of you think that the owners of this team, any team, sign players.  That Woody and Chris would have had to go out and sign a vet QB?  

What does Wilson having more or less talent that Trevor have to do with believing you need a vet or not?  

30 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

LOL, what scared back foot throwing?   When did he almost get a concussion?  Now we're guessing hits we see on TV were close to causing concussions?  

He wasnt throwing off his back foot in Carolina and now, not getting hit against NE he started because of Carolina? 

On one of the last sacks Zack's head was slammed into the turf. Zack said it felt like whiplash. I was surprised the NFL didn't call down and have him go through the concussion protocol.

• Upvote 1

Hard seeing how he could be worse so far.

A coordinator's job = putting his players in positions to excel. Short of that, compete. Short of that, not get his QB killed and throw INTs at a geometric rate.

Plus we've seen almost no rhythm, no cohesive plan, no grand strategy, no taking advantage of the opposing DC's tendencies. Reminds me of Hackett and Schotty - seemingly pulling plays out of a hat. 

Whereas the Pats - that offense looked awfully similar to vintage Pats with Brady. You could just tell as the game wore on - they knew exactly when the Jets D would bite on screen plays, play action, other creative play designs catered to kill. One example that stood out: the killer play-action pass to a TE Henry or Smith, mid-late 3rd quarter I think it was. It semi iced the game. The Jets bit hard on the play action, no doubt as they were up against the clock. The Pats knew it and took advantage. One step ahead repeatedly. I can't even think of one play LaFleur managed that.

McDaniels Sun Tzu'ed the Jets D - won the battle before it was fought.

Conversely LaFleur got soundly Sun Tzu'ed by Belichick week 2 and the Panthers DC week 1. On a somewhat positive note both defenses the Jets faced have looked damn good 2 weeks in.

• Upvote 1

On 9/20/2021 at 12:50 PM, munchmemory said:

Always a great idea to draft a rookie, then align him with a first time HC and especially novice OC.    Sounds like it might be a recipe for disaster.  But as long as the OC has a brother, or other close relative, who has had some success in the NFL then it should be fine.

The guy who was supposed to be the adult in the room was killed in a ******* bike accident.  

? 

• Sympathy 2

3 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

On one of the last sacks Zack's head was slammed into the turf. Zack said it felt like whiplash. I was surprised the NFL didn't call down and have him go through the concussion protocol.

Please. Darnold was treated like a pit bulls ragdoll chew toy and tossed around for 3 years and it was ignored like a drunk mom not paying attention to her toddler in the carnival bounce house with a pack of amped up 13 year old during a  church festival in Brooklyn.

Meanwhile,  look side eyed at some other QBS and it's ******* flag day.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

This from Jet X pretty much sums things up:

Mike LaFleur

Offensive coordinator Mike LaFleur did not have a good outing against the Patriots.

Like Wilson, LaFleur is a rookie, and his inexperience was exposed by the veteran Bill Belichick.

Belichick knew the Jets would come out with a lot of max-protection looks featuring seven or eight players in to block and only two or three players running routes. He anticipated this based on two things:

• He knows that teams expect him to do this against young quarterbacks (see the 2019 Sam Darnold game)
  • He expected LaFleur and the Jets to over-correct after Carolina’s aggressive blitz packages caused them major problems in Week 1

As it turns out, Belichick was right. The Jets called a bevy of aggressive downfield shot plays with extra players in to block, designed to expose blitzes with man-to-man coverage behind them.

Belichick had the perfect counter. Instead of playing into the Jets’ hands by constantly sending the house, he rarely blitzed, making Wilson throw against seven or eight defenders in coverage with only two or three passing options.

New England blitzed on only 28% of the Jets’ passing plays. Wilson threw three of his four interceptions on plays where he was not blitzed.

Comparatively, the Patriots blitzed on 52% of the Jets’ passing plays against Sam Darnold in the 2019 game, and Darnold had four of his five turnovers against the blitz.

LaFleur failed to adjust to Belichick’s approach, consistently calling one aggressive downfield shot after the next while Belichick’s defense sat back and waited for them to come.

• Upvote 1