Sign Cam Newton

Season most likely lost sign Cam Newton. let him take the beating of 15 games. If we make playoffs by a miracle then good problem to have , if we have the first pick great. Let Zach sit a year he needs it … the qbs people LOVE TO COMPARE HIM TO did just that …. Mahomes and Rodgers sat…. I just hate to go thru 15 weeks of sh*tty games and having L after L…. Then the whole offseason , they need to make this thing watchable 

• Thumb Down 5
  • Haha 1

Just now, August said:

They avoided signing a vet so the room won’t look over his shoulder. So we’re sinking or swimming with Zach for now. 

Letting the rook play when not ready again when we just did that …. Did these people not learn from Sam ??? It’s either you break the guy like David Carr or he gets better and leaves the team because his prior play doesn’t justify a contract extension and plays good at a new home …. Sam is showing that … Brees the same thing

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, thebuzzardman said:

Steady conservative vet who will keep a low profile. Solid choice!

I like the sarcasm but he’s the best available who can give us the best chance to win…. Even with the negatives it still doesn’t outweigh sending Zach out every week to get his head knocked off and catch Ls and confidence destroyed …. Then becoming gunshy that’s what sets the greats apart…. That mentality and having the arm talent to do it…. Let cam come in and take the beating of the season with the best chance to win while at it

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

17 minutes ago, LEBRICK JAMES said:

Season most likely lost sign Cam Newton. let him take the beating of 15 games. If we make playoffs by a miracle then good problem to have , if we have the first pick great. Let Zach sit a year he needs it … the qbs people LOVE TO COMPARE HIM TO did just that …. Mahomes and Rodgers sat…. I just hate to go thru 15 weeks of sh*tty games and having L after L…. Then the whole offseason , they need to make this thing watchable 

2 games, and you're down with Wilson for 2021.

And you want...Cam.

Got it.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

I would have no problem with JD signing Cam.  Said so the day NE cut him.

Would never happen 'cause in a fair battle Zack could never beat him out.   Plus, for some strange reason only he and the Creator know, JD is not a fan of having a competent, veteran backup QB.  Preferring to latch onto two "projects" with limited ability and potential who have not a shot in hell's chance of actually winning a game should Zack get hurt.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, LEBRICK JAMES said:

That’s why this organization is trash they can’t even copy the successful ones when these other teams show them what to do in clear sight …. Jags gonna **** up Lawrence too I guarantee it. Having Zach start the season on the bench would’ve been good for him

It looks like Meyer already has his bags packed for USC.  No way Khan keeps Schitty around after January 

I want to see Trevor with a real coach

5 minutes ago, LEBRICK JAMES said:

That’s why this organization is trash they can’t even copy the successful ones when these other teams show them what to do in clear sight …. Jags gonna **** up Lawrence too I guarantee it. Having Zach start the season on the bench would’ve been good for him

You’d be bitching to put ZW the first INT whoever the QB the Jets threw out there to start the season

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Two games in, you're 100% certain Wilson is Darnold.

I wish I had such keen future-predicting skills.  

I’m not comparing the players I’m comparing how the team handled and managed them …. Throwing Sam into the fire when he’s not ready … shows how great he’s is for defying the odds of turning into David carr….. we put Zach onto the same path of throwing him in and not have him sit and settle in …. This is why we are the Jets and not chiefs or packers

• Thumb Down 1

16 minutes ago, LEBRICK JAMES said:

Nobodies arguing that. It was a terrible idea not having a vet in camp who can play. I’m not even apposed   to Cam honestly. As long as we FREE DENZEL too. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, carlito1171 said:

The time to sign Cam was back in June....and let him know upfront he's holding the seat warm till Wilson is ready 

Now it's completely terrible optics.....JD made a blunder not signing a vet during the offseason 

Definitely agree to this. It would look like a big **** up but I would take it on the chin and protect the prize. Season still early can still a very small percentage and have cam come in and win some games , but cam role is just to hold the seat first and foremost 

• Thumb Down 1