Zach Wilson press conference LOL-Media is brutal

KO91

It’s always the media’s fault, isn’t it? Were they the ones booing a rookie QB in his first home game? No it was our fans.

News flash… Jets fans are their own worst enemy.
Remember back in TC when Saleh was telling us how Zach was trying to see how much he could get away with? It was the beat writers fault for questioning that. We were up in arms, because we bought into that bs.

How about when Cimini, Hughes or DJ didn’t genuflect deeply enough over every pass Zach threw, or never bought into the iron sharpening iron thing with Becton and Lawson. We started thread after thread about how clueless they were. Because we knew better.

We we’re the ones saying “In JD we trust” We we’re the ones saying “Thank you Joe Douglas! Thank you!” We we’re the ones hyping Saleh and LaFleur. We were the ones comping Zach to Aaron Rodgers. We were the ones saying this was a 8-9 win team.

Damn media… ?

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 10
  • WTF? 4
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

It’s always the media’s fault, isn’t it? Were they the ones booing a rookie QB in his first home game? No it was our fans.

Remember back in TC when Saleh was telling us how Zach was trying to see how much he could get away with? It was the beat writers fault for questioning that. We were up in arms, because we bought into that bs.

How about when Cimini, Hughes or DJ didn’t genuflect deeply enough over every pass Zach threw, or never bought into the iron sharpening iron thing with Becton and Lawson. We started thread after thread about how clueless they were. Because we knew better.

We we’re the ones saying “In JD we trust” We we’re the ones saying “Thank you Joe Douglas! Thank you!” We we’re the ones hyping Saleh and LaFleur. We were the ones comping Zach to Aaron Rodgers. We were the ones saying this was a 8-9 win team.

But yeah… the media is the problem.  It’s the media’s fault Zach threw 4 picks, and NFL fans across the country are laughing at SOJ today.

Damn media… ?

The truth hurts and people will often run from it like a plague until it’s so obvious it can’t be avoided 

• Upvote 4

But yeah… the media is the problem.  It’s the media’s fault Zach threw 4 picks, and NFL fans across the country are laughing at SOJ today.

Damn media… ?

And its been two games, one horrible game.  Only 15 games to turn it around. 

I'd bet the Jags, SF and Bears fans all said similar things yet their media people never would ask rude questions and put their kids through this kind of shlt

And stop with the "theyre laughing at us" today.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

The media is not going to rattle him, He answered it appropriately. 

Agree.  But the coaches need to drill him to take the easy stuff and they need to give him a specific high percentage pass play book.  Any further issues that ZW has is on the CS for not doing their jobs.  If they want to start Wilson, he needs to be guided.  

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

He answered appropriately.

The fact is Zach Wilson was throwing off his back foot regularly in Week 2 even when he had space to step into his throws.  You can call it "seeing ghosts" or whatever else you want.  I think it's clear that Bill Belichick's defense and the Panther's pass rush in Week 1 got to his head.

The CS does not have Wilson properly prepared.  That includes the play book and what they are allowing him to do.  He needs to be restricted to high percentage pass plays for now.  

• Upvote 2

Damn media… ?

didn't Zach outplay Aaron Rogers in week 1?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, KO91 said:

Well, that at least shows me that as we all should always do in life, whether it is the case or not do not say anything that shows or makes you have to deal from weakness. That along with Mono is what ruined Darnold here since it is like blood in the water with the sharks. The teams, defenses, coaches, media, etc. know what rattles you then and can take advantage. Now Darnold is mostly doing well in his 1st 2 games due to having MacCaffrey who is an all world running back, and Carolina doesn't have the vultures that we have here in NY/NJ as far as Media and others. Darnold may do somewhat well, but is still limited and it would be pretty surprising if he can eat up teams that are very good. So far he beat us with a rookie QB and by the skin of their teeth, and the Saints that likely are not real good since the 1st game they caught the Packers off guard in their home which is a very tough place to play and even Rogers said his team came out with the attitude we have seen from teams like those of the past where the figure they just lay their jerseys out on the field and they should win. Carolina has games coming with Dallas, NE, Arizona, Wash, Eagles, Buffalo, twice against the Bucs, etc. out of those 8 games in his 4th year if he doesn't have a winning record in those games like 5-3, then don't come to me because you are never going to have the upside needed to do damage in the playoffs. Sur, you may squeak into the playoffs and get the snot kicked out of you there, but that never allows you to get far in the playoffs and be a serious threat to go all the way. If Zack makes the necessary progress he can potentially provide much more upside needed toward that goal that Darnold likely can. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Damn media… ?

Jeez, take a breath man.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

this karma on the field is related to Mims. Last week, zero snaps in the first have - 1 INT and no offense....  This week - Inactive? 4 INTs. 

There, i said it. 

hope so... Saleh said Mims hasn't earned his time on the field. Jeff Smith has....

I guess If Jeff Smith knows the WR positions better than Mims, I can't argue that for Mims... but I can say J Smith hasn't shown to be anything more than a JAG over his time here. Mims needs to be on the field. let him learn on the field. He has physical traits that you can't quantify in a classroom.

if he can't perform on the field fine, but there is no way Jeff Smith is a better WR than him, not from what we've seen

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

10 minutes ago, Stark said:

hope so... Saleh said Mims hasn't earned his time on the filed. Jeff Smith has....

well I guess If Jeff Smith knows the WR positions better than Mims, I can't argue that for Mims... but I can say J Smith hasn't shown to be anything more than a JAG over his time here. Mims needs to be on the field. let him learn on the field. He has physical traits that you can't quantify in a classroom.

if he can't perform on the field fine, but there is no way Jeff Smith is a better WR than him, not from what we've seen

If Mims wasn't embroiled in LaFleurGate - we'd have no reason to pay attention to Jeff's status on Sunday. In fact, i'd say 80% of Jets fans would say - Jeff who?

• Upvote 2

I definitely think this deserves its own thread.I've been saying for months this kid is intelligent and can handle this media.

Sadly that was a dig at a 22 year old kid who just played his second pro game not to mention our entire franchise. It wasn't witty it was actually low. Glad our QB is a better man than whatever f****** moron asked that question.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Sam is playing better in his 4th year in the league than Zach played in his first two games. But this kid is a cold calculated terminator, they ain’t getting in his head. Sam saw ghost because west coast boogie boarder bra! Ask @JiFapono he study this in school. 

Wasn't Wilson crying on the sidelines in yesterday's game, or was I just seeing ghosts?

the beat reporters are all basically maneesh in disguise.  their whole schtick is to build them up to knock them down.  they get readership that way.  we all saw how badly wilson performed yesterday.  it was a bad game for him.  but there were some bright parts.  the defense did play pretty well and so did special teams.  maybe if mims put himself out there as a kick or punt returner he would've been out there instead of berrios.  and consider that he's faster he might done a better job.

it's till way to early to getting too upset about the game's outcome.  if wilson and saleh and lafeur are the real deal they'll get this straightened out.  i can imagine the jets emphacising the run game more and maybe they do shuffle someone else at right guard or even center.

• Sympathy 1

Why is it that some of you just need to continue to harangue Sam, the guy is gone...let it go. Move on...

BTW, Wilson may not have seen ghosts but the kid was flabbergasted, played hero ball and his mechanics were for sh*t.  

PS:  For what it’s worth, Darnold improved to 2-0 in Carolina with an impressive 26-7 win Sunday over the New Orleans Saints. Darnold threw for 305 yards with a pair of touchdowns and one interception. In his first two games with the Panthers, Darnold has posted an impressive 100.5 QB rating.

51 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

The fact is Zach Wilson was throwing off his back foot regularly in Week 2 even when he had space to step into his throws.  You can call it "seeing ghosts" or whatever else you want.  I think it's clear that Bill Belichick's defense and the Panther's pass rush in Week 1 got to his head.

This needs its own thread- you are correct

its so obvious that he is not stepping up in the pocket like he did in week 1.

why?

because he got ******* killed. This is what we mean when we say you can ruin a QB and why a vet backup is a good thing.

Those back foot throws were all because he is apprehensive about stepping up into the rush. Sad.

hope we can fix this soon 

56 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

I said the same exact thing yesterday.   It was like he was looping the ball.  Again, the Pats defender on Zack's last INT looked like he was waiting to field a punt.  A complete balloon ball.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

And its been two games, one horrible game.  Only 15 games to turn it around. 

I'd bet the Jags, SF and Bears fans all said similar things yet their media people never would ask rude questions and put their kids through this kind of shlt

And stop with the "theyre laughing at us" today.  

I agree 100% it’s only been two games, one horrible game.

I’m just tired of hearing Jets fans complain about lack of respect from the media. You know how to get respect? Play well, or win. We have to stop whining about the media, it just sounds ridiculous when we do.

I also get the “stop with they’re laughing at us” comment, but I’ll tell you this. I don’t live in NY. I was watching the game at the golf club I belong to yesterday. We have people from all over the country who’ve moved here, and I promise you they were laughing when Zach threw his third pick. They were rolling when he threw his fourth.

Tune in on Sirius XM today, do you think they’re talking about how good we looked? Far from it… they were talking about the numbers Wilson and Lawrence have put up, and extrapolating them over a season… not pretty. The difference with Zach though is also the number of times he’s been hit. They said if it keeps up at this pace he won’t last half a season.

In all seriousness, other then just to be an a$$hole, what is the point of that question?  Did you really think Zach was going to be like, yeah, on the first pick I saw Casper, on the 2nd pick I saw Bruce Willis, on the 3rd I saw Beetlejuice and on the 4th I saw Patrick Swayze!!!

That reporter needs swift kick to the dick

• Haha 4