Zach Wilson press conference LOL-Media is brutal

KO91

43 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

In all seriousness, other then just to be an a$$hole, what is the point of that question?  Did you really think Zach was going to be like, yeah, on the first pick I saw Casper, on the 2nd pick I saw Bruce Willis, on the 3rd I saw Beetlejuice and on the 4th I saw Patrick Swayze!!!

That reporter needs swift kick to the dick

hey Bruce is still alive 

6 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

It’s always the media’s fault, isn’t it? Were they the ones booing a rookie QB in his first home game? No it was our fans.

News flash… Jets fans are their own worst enemy.
Remember back in TC when Saleh was telling us how Zach was trying to see how much he could get away with? It was the beat writers fault for questioning that. We were up in arms, because we bought into that bs.

How about when Cimini, Hughes or DJ didn’t genuflect deeply enough over every pass Zach threw, or never bought into the iron sharpening iron thing with Becton and Lawson. We started thread after thread about how clueless they were. Because we knew better.

We we’re the ones saying “In JD we trust” We we’re the ones saying “Thank you Joe Douglas! Thank you!” We we’re the ones hyping Saleh and LaFleur. We were the ones comping Zach to Aaron Rodgers. We were the ones saying this was a 8-9 win team.

But yeah… the media is the problem.  It’s the media’s fault Zach threw 4 picks, and NFL fans across the country are laughing at SOJ today.

Damn media… ?

You sound like just another guy blaming the fans for the product put on the field.  Maybe you'd rather wash the balls of the media.  Nobody I know is blaming the media.  Zach sucked donkey balls yesterday.  You calling out fans is just as classless.   

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, Stark said:

hope so... Saleh said Mims hasn't earned his time on the field. Jeff Smith has....

I guess If Jeff Smith knows the WR positions better than Mims, I can't argue that for Mims... but I can say J Smith hasn't shown to be anything more than a JAG over his time here. Mims needs to be on the field. let him learn on the field. He has physical traits that you can't quantify in a classroom.

if he can't perform on the field fine, but there is no way Jeff Smith is a better WR than him, not from what we've seen

Hey leave Jeff Smith alone!  @#27TheDominator

9 hours ago, Paradis said:

If Mims wasn't embroiled in LaFleurGate - we'd have no reason to pay attention to Jeff's status on Sunday. In fact, i'd say 80% of Jets fans would say - Jeff who?

That 80 % would NOT include @#27TheDominator

6 hours ago, JiFapono said:

In all seriousness, other then just to be an a$$hole, what is the point of that question?  Did you really think Zach was going to be like, yeah, on the first pick I saw Casper, on the 2nd pick I saw Bruce Willis, on the 3rd I saw Beetlejuice and on the 4th I saw Patrick Swayze!!!

That reporter needs swift kick to the dick

If he really had answered the question that way he'd have my undying loyalty.  Well, not my undying loyalty supporting him to be QB of the Jets but loyalty as a person, yes.

@Stark @Paradis @Jetsfan80

Jeff Smith has better physical traits than Denzel Mims.  There.  I said it.  Are we supposed to be rewarding guys for their college career at ******* Baylor now?  Give me a ******* break.  Isn't Baylor known for having an uptempo O that doesn't translate well to the NFL?  That's why their QBs are supposed to have so much trouble adapting.  I mean Corey Coleman has certainly panned out beautifully and he was a better prospect than Mims.  

They both have one catch this year.  Mims has 5 more yards.  I would argue that Smith's catch was more impressive.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Jeff Smith has better physical traits than Denzel Mims.  There.  I said it.  Are we supposed to be rewarding guys for their college career at ******* Baylor now?  Give me a ******* break.  Isn't Baylor known for having an uptempo O that doesn't translate well to the NFL?  That's why their QBs are supposed to have so much trouble adapting.  I mean Corey Coleman has certainly panned out beautifully and he was a better prospect than Mims.  

They both have one catch this year.  Mims has 5 more yards.  I would argue that Smith's catch was more impressive.

In how many snaps each? 

16 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I also get the “stop with they’re laughing at us” comment, but I’ll tell you this. I don’t live in NY. I was watching the game at the golf club I belong to yesterday. We have people from all over the country who’ve moved here, and I promise you they were laughing when Zach threw his third pick. They were rolling when he threw his fourth.

Yeah, your friends were making fun of you, thats what we do to each other.  If my friend was a Fin fans and we were watching Bills - Fins I would have laughed all day Sunday.  

18 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

6 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

In how many snaps each? 

Well damn.... I didn't even realize Smith had a catch yet. All I remember from him is drops. We can agree to disagree here. Smith is nothing special after 3 seasons he doesn't have the numbers of Mims after 9 games. the only redeeming quality for Jeff is that he hasn't missed time with injuries like Mims. and if he has no one has noticed.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I feel like this is the part where I wrap you up in one those military grade blankets, sit you down on the end of the ambulance, bark at someone to get some water, then lean in to say - “you’re safe, ok just relax…he can’t hurt you anymore.” 

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

28 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

In how many snaps each? 

1273168292_SmithMimscopy.thumb.jpg.30ce8b67edf7a8d30a862456d95d34a1.jpg

I'll take the taller, longer armed, higher jumping guy, with larger hands that has shown he can make contested catches over the 6ft tall guy that is slightly more quick but tends to drop more than half his passes..

Is Mims a complete receiver, no. Sitting him because Jeff Smith is the better "gunner" is stupid. Mims may end up being worthless as a WR here, but you put a guy like that on the field at least a handful of plays a game. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

In how many snaps each? 

The amount they earned.  

Look up Baylor WRs in the NFL.  I am not going to say that there is something else going on, but he wouldn't be the first guy out of Baylor with "issues."  I don't think their offense does much to prepare players for the NFL.  It's not like when Briles was there, but I don't remember seeing much in Mims highlights to indicate he grasped a complex offense.  In fact, for highlights, Mims looked like he was constantly well  covered.  Most college highlight reels are guys catching bombs running wide open.  It was the one thing I was worried about with Mims, though as a traits guy I had championed Meachem, Conley, Moncrief and yes, Jeff Smith.

I looked him up and it turns out  Briles coached the Guelfi in 2015.  Those ****suckers knocked us out in the 2nd round in 2010.  

16 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

The amount they earned.  

Look up Baylor WRs in the NFL.  I am not going to say that there is something else going on, but he wouldn't be the first guy out of Baylor with "issues."  I don't think their offense does much to prepare players for the NFL.  It's not like when Briles was there, but I don't remember seeing much in Mims highlights to indicate he grasped a complex offense.  In fact, for highlights, Mims looked like he was constantly well  covered.  Most college highlight reels are guys catching bombs running wide open.  It was the one thing I was worried about with Mims, though as a traits guy I had championed Meachem, Conley, Moncrief and yes, Jeff Smith.

I looked him up and it turns out  Briles coached the Guelfi in 2015.  Those ****suckers knocked us out in the 2nd round in 2010.  

Honestly? If we had guys on the field making plays I could honestly care less about Denzel Mims. But, we don’t, we got a rookie QB literally throwing to one guy no matter how covered  he is. That’s the problem, not Baylor issues, preparation out of college or anything other than what we see Sunday. What we see is a QB trying to make plays where there aren’t any to be made. Denzel has the closest to Corey Davis’ physical ability. Give the kid another big physical target that will fight his ass off on every catch. Thats what we need right now, if they don’t play Mims Sunday and anyone else steps up? Than great, F-Mims. But if not? FREE DENZEL !!!

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Stark said:

1273168292_SmithMimscopy.thumb.jpg.30ce8b67edf7a8d30a862456d95d34a1.jpg

I'll take the taller, longer armed, higher jumping guy, with larger hands that has shown he can make contested catches over the 6ft tall guy that is slightly more quick but tends to drop more than half his passes..

Is Mims a complete receiver, no. Sitting him because Jeff Smith is the better "gunner" is stupid. Mims may end up being worthless as a WR here, but you put a guy like that on the field at least a handful of plays a game. 

Then who plays gunner?  Honestly, that is why I expected them to keep Vyncint.  Smith is as good physically as anybody.  They are both monsters.  You can complain about Smith's drops, but I haven't seen many.  I missed the 1st half week1 and assume he had a bad one there, but he has one more year in the league than Mims and has also had injury issues.  Maccagnan brought him in, but Douglas kept him on roster.  Gase apparently liked him, but Mims better. 

Jeff Smith is kind of a joke for me.  I picked him in the 7th of the JN mock and he does have all the potential in the world.  He wasn't a full time receiver in college.  I assume Mims will be better, but I am not rewarding him if he doesn't pick up the offense or the coaches have an issue with him.  Yes, Jeff Smith seems to have questionable hands and an abysmal catch rate.  OTOH, your long armed, huge catch radius, catches everything and wins all the 50-50 balls is at a 53% catch rate.  That doesn't scream of a guy that *NEEDS* to see the field if he won't put in the work. 

1 minute ago, KO91 said:

Unfortunately we are getting all the bad of Jay Cutler and none of the good. Would be nice to take advantage of his arm and get him a big, fast WR to throw bombs to like Brandon Marshall. 

Two games. Just remember in sports that nothing is ever as good or as bad as it seems.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

OK, but Smith has been in the league a year longer, and that does matter.  Especially given the unique circumstances in which Mims entered the league.  Also, Mims' 2020 season was better and they each saw the field about the same amount of time.  Smith caught 17 passes on 37 targets last year for just 4.5 yards per target.  A lot of that fell on the QB play, of course, but then again both receivers played with the same QB's, so....

Also, I don't really care much what program produces which receivers.  Evaluate the player, not the school.

In addition, I like both Mims and Jeff Smith so you're kind of barking up the wrong tree here by tagging me.  I just like Mims more.  I want Mims to end up our WR2/WR3 and would be more than fine with Smith ending up our WR4 in the long run.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

OK, but Smith has been in the league a year longer, and that does matter.  Especially given the unique circumstances in which Mims entered the league.  Also, Mims' 2020 season was better and they each saw the field about the same amount of time.  Smith caught 17 passes on 37 targets last year for just 4.5 yards per target.  A lot of that fell on the QB play, of course, but then again both receivers played with the same QB's, so....

Also, I don't really care much what program produces which receivers.  Evaluate the player, not the school.

In addition, I like both Mims and Jeff Smith so you're kind of barking up the wrong tree here by tagging me.  I just like Mims more.  I want Mims to end up our WR2/WR3 and would be more than fine with Smith ending up our WR4 in the long run.

I actually like Mims a ton.  He was probably my favorite receiver that draft because I didn't want to pick one at 11.  This year I probably like Rondale Moore best because I knew we weren't picking one at 2 and wasn't thinking much about moving up like they did for AVT.  I just think it is kind of bullsh*t to start spouting pedigree around cause Mims is a 2nd they act like Jeff and Vyncint Smith don't know how to run.  Mims had a better year in 2020, but they seemed to be trying to work him in and they both have the injury excuse.  Mims was drafted for Gase and Smith still ended up with starts.  If these guys like Smith people should not act like there can't be a reason.  FWIW, Smith is listed with 2 drops for his career.  Mims 1.  

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

I actually like Mims a ton.  He was probably my favorite receiver that draft because I didn't want to pick one at 11.  This year I probably like Rondale Moore best because I knew we weren't picking one at 2 and wasn't thinking much about moving up like they did for AVT.  I just think it is kind of bullsh*t to start spouting pedigree around cause Mims is a 2nd they act like Jeff and Vyncint Smith don't know how to run.  Mims had a better year in 2020, but they seemed to be trying to work him in and they both have the injury excuse.  Mims was drafted for Gase and Smith still ended up with starts.  If these guys like Smith people should not act like there can't be a reason.  FWIW, Smith is listed with 2 drops for his career.  Mims 1.  

I haven't been spouting at all about pedigree in any of my discussions of Mims.  I'm purely talking about what I've seen when he plays.  And he looks like a guy who can help the team.  So can Smith.  Yet we're sending these smurfs with bad hands out there 90+ % of the snaps.

• Upvote 1