What QB Threw 4 interceptions in one game 6 times in his career ??

Dunnie

4 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Tom ******* Brady ....

So everyone just calm the **** down.

Wilson himself is not the worry.  Neither was Sam Darnold.  The worry is the CS.  If Wilson is guided properly, he'll work out.  If not, he'll flame out all together or wind up as a reclamation project on another team in 4 - 5 years. 

What we all should see now (I HOPE) is Wilson being given a play book with at lest 50 % running and a passing game that is largely confined to high percentage type pass plays.

If we see more air and dare, things will go from bad to worse. 

They also need to do something about the interior of the offensive line.  It looks like Van Roten is having issues.   Nothing worse than free rushers up the gut and directly into the QB's face

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

I am a huge Wilson supporter.  The most concerning thing to me yesterday were the cupcake layups. I mean .. wtf ... he needs to keep the mustard on the balogna.

Not worried about his accuracy.

Not worried about his mind.

But the rainbow throws ... that sh*t has to stop.

• Upvote 4

it's silly to even say wilson's name in the same breath as brady but the point is it is still only game 2 of hopefully a long career by wilson.  he's going to get better and so is the rest of the team.  the defense and specials looked pretty good.  as for offense, that was all on him and lafleur.  lafleur needs to take a lot of heat for not putting wilson in a position to succeed.  the patsies aren't mythical.  they played darnold the same way and alot of the reason is the jets just don't have a good run game yet.  when teams want to play coverage the jets gotta make them pay by running or slants or screens or whatever.  throwing into the coverage just isn't going to work very well.  lafleur should've known this.

9 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Wilson himself is not the worry.  Neither was Sam Darnold.  The worry is the CS.  If Wilson is guided properly, he'll work out.  If not, he'll flame out all together or wind up as a reclamation project on another team in 4 - 5 years. 

What we all should see now (I HOPE) is Wilson being given a play book with at lest 50 % running and a passing game that is largely confined to high percentage type pass plays.

If we see more air and dare, things will go from bad to worse. 

They also need to do something about the interior of the offensive line.  It looks like Van Roten is having issues.   Nothing worse than free rushers up the gut and directly into the QB's face

Exactly. This offense is complicated. Dumb it down a little for the kid until he gets comfortable. The Pats ran all safe plays for Jones and he isn't nearly as good as Wilson. 

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, rangerous said:

it's silly to even say wilson's name in the same breath as brady but the point is it is still only game 2 of hopefully a long career by wilson.  he's going to get better and so is the rest of the team.  the defense and specials looked pretty good.  as for offense, that was all on him and lafleur.  lafleur needs to take a lot of heat for not putting wilson in a position to succeed.  the patsies aren't mythical.  they played darnold the same way and alot of the reason is the jets just don't have a good run game yet.  when teams want to play coverage the jets gotta make them pay by running or slants or screens or whatever.  throwing into the coverage just isn't going to work very well.  lafleur should've known this.

Rookie HC, Rookie OC, Rookie QB, lots of Rookies, Players and Coaches!?

Lots of Changes!

Of course we all were hoping for more. We had big plays on defense, and special teams I just think the offense is a little behind.

Btw..it doesn't help that due to injuries and whatnot we've been shuffling the O-line and the Wide Receivers..

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

A lot of QB's get pulled from games after they throw their 3rd pick.  You either have to be really good to stay in a game with 3, OR you have to be the QB for the Jets, where putting the backup in isn't an option.  

Tell me how JD gets to skate leaving us with White--and Morgan before he was jettisoned--as the backup?  Minishew was there for the taking.  And cheap.  That guy steps in yesterday and we actually pull out a win.  

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

Tell me how JD gets to skate leaving us with White--and Morgan before he was jettisoned--as the backup?  Minishew was there for the taking.  And cheap.  That guy steps in yesterday and we actually pull out a win.  

You know what we should have done if we were getting rid of Sam in favor of Zach.  Sign a veteran QB to start the season

Not Cam tho.  I said Kaepernick as a joke but him as a stopgap vet to start a couple games until Wilson takes over could have worked 

• Upvote 2

In case you're interested, here are other Jet QB's in history with 4+ INT game:

• Joe Namath (14x) -- included three 6-INT games
  • Dick Wood (6x) 
  • Richard Todd (4x) -- included two in the postseason
  • Mark Sanchez (3x) 
  • Sam Darnold (2x)
  • Al Dorow (2x)  
  • Chad Pennington
  • Ken O'Brien
  • Boomer Esiason
  • Ryan Fitzpatrick -- 6-INT game
  • Frank Reich
  • Matt Robinson 
  • Glenn Foley
  • Brooks Bollinger
  • Johnny Green 

Note:  Vinny Testaverde had 8 in his career (including a 6-INT game) but none with the Jets.

Quite an illustrious history we've had at QB.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

34 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

We have much bigger concerns than the backup QB, but yes, we should have gone and gotten Minshew.  Absolutely no reason not to.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Rookie HC, Rookie OC, Rookie QB, lots of Rookies, Players and Coaches!?

Lots of Changes!

Of course we all were hoping for more. We had big plays on defense, and special teams I just think the offense is a little behind.

Btw..it doesn't help that due to injuries and whatnot we've been shuffling the O-line and the Wide Receivers..

yep.  people need to save the vitriol for a couple of seasons from now if things aren't better.

4 minutes ago, Hystorm said:

Here is a question I cant seem to find online: Did Zach graduate from BYU or bail early to be an NFL Millionaire?

I'm not sure if he did his Mission yet even?!?!? Is he going to go gallivanting off somewhere for a year to "spread the news"???

1 hour ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Exactly. This offense is complicated. Dumb it down a little for the kid until he gets comfortable. The Pats ran all safe plays for Jones and he isn't nearly as good as Wilson. 

Is it really complicated? I think I remember Saleh when he was hired that it was the easiest system for a QB to learn. However, I do agree that LaFleurs approach is wrong.  

11 minutes ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

Is it really complicated? I think I remember Saleh when he was hired that it was the easiest system for a QB to learn. However, I do agree that LaFleurs approach is wrong.  

It's supposed to be complicated with complex schemes and routes. The reason Mims isn't playing supposedly is because he hasn't learned the playbook and running all the routes. That's what I have read at least.