LaFleur on the Sideline vs Coaches Box

BCJet

34 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

In this game, Zach Wilson's four interceptions derailed the game. In this game, Mike LaFleur is not to blame.

It's just not that simple.

As an example. First play, designed to go to Davis.  The entire world KNEW BB was going to take away Davis and going to try and goat ZW into making a mistake...

Yet, that was clearly his first read. 

Now, bad throw, bad choice, could have gone somewhere else...Surely, Zach's fault.

But if the first play was designed to go to a RB in the flat or whatever, maybe it's different.  Under the circumstances, that should not have been the first read of the first play.

Look, I'm not even remotely saying it wasn't ZW's fault - it was.  he was terrible. But, it's not necessarily one or the other.  It could be both.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

As an example. First play, designed to go to Davis.  The entire world KNEW BB was going to take away Davis and going to try and goat ZW into making a mistake...

Yet, that was clearly his first read. 

Now, bad throw, bad choice, could have gone somewhere else...Surely, Zach's fault.

Except that Davis was open and let the ball go through his hand and it turned into a pick.

12 hours ago, oatmeal said:

Why why why are some opinions trolling and others not? 

Are you a troll? Because IMO Zach is a rookie and he should’ve been benched wayyyy before int 4.

You have a rookie QB in over his head talking to a rookie OC during a time of struggle, like what could the rookie OC really say?

Most agree his play calling was terrible game 1 and his play calling was terrible yesterday because he still had Wilson slinging down the field with deep passing routes after int #2.

We all cried for how the Jets mismanaged Darnold but have no problem with a rookie OC that is clearly in over his head grooming our young QB.

Smfh and I’m the troll 

So Mike White will come in and do what?

28 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Agreed, but was talking about the first one.

Oh, my bad.

The first one Zach forced, even if it was his first option, if its covered he doesnt throw it.  I also dont agree that because the Pats game plan would/should be to take Davis out the Jets game plan should be to run from it.  Just if Davis is covered go to the second or 3rd option or dump off.  

I'm not going to blame LaFleur for the first option being open and ZW not going to 2 or 3.  What I will blame him for is not giving ZW a more QB friendly game plan with easy to complete passes instead of a ton of deeper balls.  The Pats probably are the strongest secondary we're going to face all season.  Meanwhile our secondary is green as can be and almost all of Mac Jones passes were quick and right near the line of scrimmage.  Mac Jones couldn't throw a pick with that game plan if he wanted to 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, FactsOnly said:

The more I hear from Saleh the more I hear a doofus

Maybe you just have doofus ears?

No matter what you think of Saleh, a universally praised hiring, no one other than you hears a doofus.

I'm guessing Facts, a horrible poster, was banned and has returned as an equally horrendous FactsOnly?  No one would quess that with amazingly sly new user name you picked.  Who would have known.

Feeling Dumb Jim Carrey GIF

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, KO91 said:

I don’t get why they don’t just let Wilson throw so bombs to Denzel Mims and see what happens. 

Strong armed QB throwing to big fast receiver. 

The D knows he doesn't know where he's going.  It's going to make it tough to cover him with 1 guy who doesn't know where he's going.  

Probably will get double covered until he learns the routes and the D can study it on tape. 

32 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Maybe you just have doofus ears?

No matter what you think of Saleh, a universally praised hiring, no one other than you hears a doofus.

I'm guessing Facts, a horrible poster, was banned and has returned as an equally horrendous FactsOnly?  No one would quess that with amazingly sly new user name you picked.  Who would have known.

Feeling Dumb Jim Carrey GIF

F5E2F8A2-4342-4DF2-884F-66A67BF9C613.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, Facts became FactsOnly

Youre so sly

And as I said, no one agrees with you, no one thinks they hear a doofus.  Its doofus ears at work and nothing more.

I just joined this board kid I have no idea what you’re talking about

and theres plenty of upvotes in the other thread that disagree with your shill takes 

• Thumb Down 1

12 minutes ago, FactsOnly said:

I just joined this board kid I have no idea what you’re talking about

and theres plenty of upvotes in the other thread that disagree with your shill takes 

Sure.  Signing up right after a loss on Sunday.  

Kid?  From someone who thinks the problem with a rookie QB playing BB and the Pats secondary was that LaFleur was on the sideline like most other OCs.  

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Sure.  Signing up right after a loss on Sunday.  

Kid?  From someone who thinks the problem with a rookie QB playing BB and the Pats secondary was that LaFleur was on the sideline like most other OCs.  

Except i never said any of that

You’re lost and confused pal

• Thumb Down 1

14 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Knapp was a huge loss for this team but we still have a Qb Coach in Rob Calabrese

What does that have to do with sitting on the bench after a series and discussing what just happened and what they may change in the next series, QB and OC?  Like GMs and QBs are seen doing every Sunday?  Calabrese has nothing to do with the plays that were called and thinking behind them and the plays that will be called, the adjustments that will be made.  None of these things have anything to do with Calabrese 

7 minutes ago, FactsOnly said:

Except i never said any of that

You’re lost and confused pal

Yes, after a post discussing Salehs press conference where he says LaFleur will stay on the sideline you said the more you hear Saleh to more you see a doofus.

Got the difference 

• Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yes, after a post discussing Salehs press conference where he says LaFleur will stay on the sideline you said the more you hear Saleh to more you see a doofus.

Got the difference 

How does that equate to being the reason Wilson is struggling? ?

He can struggle whether LeFleur is on the field or the moon

Stop making your own leaps in thought, You’ve got no idea what you’re talking about pal

• Thumb Down 1

11 minutes ago, FactsOnly said:

How does that equate to being the reason Wilson is struggling? ?

He can struggle whether LeFleur is on the field or the moon

Stop making your own leaps in thought, You’ve got no idea what you’re talking about pal

If you cant figure out what people will think when after a post about Salehs presser, specifically putting LaFleur in the box and then you say the more you hear him the more you see a doofus, here youre really in over your head. 

Neg repping every post and then answering me doest make you smart or right but since you think theyre worth something...

• Thumb Down 1

All this talk about play calls and where he's making them from, who cares?  Lets talk about how he's developing the QB.  Because he's a mess, head to toe.  Who gives a sh*t about play calling or pillow talk on the sidelines.  Who's the one saying; Zach your mechanics are tragic and you'll never be successful in the NFL the way you play.  That's the guy that matters to this team, who gives a **** where he sits come game day.