Zach will be fine, here's why

Sammybighead

OR??????   If????     They????!   

FREED DENZEl we likely won and the comparisons to Montana and Mahommes rain down on the board like a ticker tape parade with bacon slices!!!!!!

Davis was totally used as bait by Belicheck for the young kid. He 100% knew after watching a second of tape kid was forcing the ball to him. Amazing LaFleur, the guy who called the game didnt. Put Mims out there, another big physical target who probably would have caught or at least deflected the one of those balls out of the stadium and we are in a difference place right now!

FREE DENZEL save Zach Wilson’s career. Yeah, it’s like that. 

Toally agree BB was baiting Wilson. LaFleur was too slow to react. However... we have a full complement of WRs ... there WERE other options.

Zach will learn from this.

Mims needs to be better ... its a team game ... do what you gotta do to get on the field brah.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Zach's biggest issue right now is that he is not patient. He tries to make plays that aren't there, and not taking what the defense gives him. He has the physical traits to be exceptional, he just needs to learn how to be a QB. Move the chains. Hit the underneath receiver instead of flinging it downfield. Teaching him falls on his QB coach and OC. This last game they failed him. The LeFleur should be in his ear consistently to look underneath, the Patriots were begging him to checkdown and Zach wanted to play hero ball.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Toally agree BB was baiting Wilson. LaFleur was too slow to react. However... we have a full complement of WRs ... there WERE other options.

Zach will learn from this.

Mims needs to be better ... its a team game ... do what you gotta do to get on the field brah.

Catch contested balls? Physically dominate the defender? Allow Zach to thrive? Let the team worry about another huge physical receiving threat other than Corey Davis? LaFleurs system hasn’t worked yet, why not tweak it with size, physical dominance and speed?  The rest of its shit OCs make up to impress chicks,

Catch contested balls? Physically dominate the defender? Allow Zach to thrive? Let the team worry about another huge physical receiving threat other than Corey Davis? LaFleurs system hasn’t worked yet, why not tweak it with size, physical dominance and speed?  The rest of its sh*t OCs make up to impress chicks,
Truthfully .. Hard to say without being there. If Mims is delibrately refusing to learn the route trees or special teams ... then i am sort of ok sitting him. You have to remember that the coaches are trying to establish precendents in a new culture of accountability.

I want Mims on the field as soon as possible ... i want him to apply himself and leapfrog to be our No1 or No2.

Its up to him.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

Corey davis was basically triple covered on the first pick, and we knew BB would try and take davis away from wilson.  Yet, wilson rifled it there anyway.  That’s not footwork, that’s Wilson’s cockiness and arrogance that he can fit that ball into any space.  Not much different on the 2nd pick, he escaped pressure and instead of dumping it to moore for a short, surer gain, he forced it to davis with a more difficult throw.  I think that’s what saleh was talking about with ‘boring’.  No need to force those 2 throws.  I do believe one of the other picks was a miscommunication, but those first 2 picks were on a rookie qb with a very strong arm who had to learn the hard way you can’t do that in the nfl.  Footwork was not the issue.

The first pick was thrown low and away not accurate.  Forgetting the decision the pass wasn't accurate and it was picked because Davis got a hand on it and popped it up.  That's a function of his mechanics not his poor decision to make the throw.  

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

Corey davis was basically triple covered on the first pick, and we knew BB would try and take davis away from wilson.  Yet, wilson rifled it there anyway.  That’s not footwork, that’s Wilson’s cockiness and arrogance that he can fit that ball into any space.  Not much different on the 2nd pick, he escaped pressure and instead of dumping it to moore for a short, surer gain, he forced it to davis with a more difficult throw.  I think that’s what saleh was talking about with ‘boring’.  No need to force those 2 throws.  I do believe one of the other picks was a miscommunication, but those first 2 picks were on a rookie qb with a very strong arm who had to learn the hard way you can’t do that in the nfl.  Footwork was not the issue.

“Well, welcome to the majors, Mr. Hobbs.”

28 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Truthfully .. Hard to say without being there. If Mims is delibrately refusing to learn the route trees or special teams ... then i am sort of ok sitting him. You have to remember that the coaches are trying to establish precendents in a new culture of accountability.

I want Mims on the field as soon as possible ... i want him to apply himself and leapfrog to be our No1 or No2.

Its up to him.

I agree but I’d also like them to set a culture of winning. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

OR??????   If????     They????!   

FREED DENZEl we likely won and the comparisons to Montana and Mahommes rain down on the board like a ticker tape parade with bacon slices!!!!!!

Davis was totally used as bait by Belicheck for the young kid. He 100% knew after watching a second of tape kid was forcing the ball to him. Amazing LaFleur, the guy who called the game didnt. Put Mims out there, another big physical target who probably would have caught or at least deflected the one of those balls out of the stadium and we are in a difference place right now!

FREE DENZEL save Zach Wilson’s career. Yeah, it’s like that. 

Ha! Yes, a lot of "or's" and "if's", seems like I have been speaking like this when it comes to the Jets for a lifetime. I think I am fustrated at the lack of plays the offense is making to help Zach out. Mutiple drops, OLINE terrible week 1, ect. When Davis batted the ball to the defender and he caught it I was like "tough break" buit then on the next series when it went through his hands for an INT I was throwing my own hands up.

Not breaking news but there has to be something up with Mims. It seems crazy that he cant see the field in the eyes of the coaches. I guess we find out eventually. With Crowder coming back, and Coles seemingly ahead of him, how will Mims ever see the field without an injury to someone else? 

4 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Ha! Yes, a lot of "or's" and "if's", seems like I have been speaking like this when it comes to the Jets for a lifetime. I think I am fustrated at the lack of plays the offense is making to help Zach out. Mutiple drops, OLINE terrible week 1, ect. When Davis batted the ball to the defender and he caught it I was like "tough break" buit then on the next series when it went through his hands for an INT I was throwing my own hands up.

Not breaking news but there has to be something up with Mims. It seems crazy that he cant see the field in the eyes of the coaches. I guess we find out eventually. With Crowder coming back, and Coles seemingly ahead of him, how will Mims ever see the field without an injury to someone else? 

I’d say  play the guy that gives your rookie QB best chance to win, but what do I know? Less than most here, but what  I lack in knowledge I make up in grit and determination. 

FREE DENZEL!

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

I’d say  play the guy that gives your rookie QB best chance to win, but what do I know? Less than most here, but what  I lack in knowledge I make up in grit and determination. 

FREE DENZEL!

Problem is that the organization is trying to do too many things at once.  Trying to ‘establish a culture’ while ‘implementing systems’ and ‘develop a qb’ while maybe ‘trying to win games’.  So here you have a good example of how a decision achieves one objective but hurts others.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Augustiniak said:

Problem is that the organization is trying to do too many things at once.  Trying to ‘establish a culture’ while ‘implementing systems’ and ‘develop a qb’ while maybe ‘trying to win games’.  So here you have a good example of how a decision achieves one objective but hurts others.  

Well said. Best explanation I’ve heard so far. Too busy doing everything else, other than trying to win games. I get it too, just sucks to watch. 

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Well said. Best explanation I’ve heard so far. Too busy doing everything else, other than trying to win games. I get it too, just sucks to watch. 

This isn’t a Stephen hill situation where we’re hoping the guy can play.  We’ve seen enough, mims can play.  You don’t need to see him catch 80 passes to know it.  You also have to believe wilson is frustrated, throwing to guys like berrios and Jeff smith who aren’t any better than the guys he had at BYU, while mims sits.  At some point, the whole smith/cole thing will play itself out if they keep being non factors while the offense can’t score tds in the first half.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

This isn’t a Stephen hill situation where we’re hoping the guy can play.  We’ve seen enough, mims can play.  You don’t need to see him catch 80 passes to know it.  You also have to believe wilson is frustrated, throwing to guys like berrios and Jeff smith who aren’t any better than the guys he had at BYU, while mims sits.  At some point, the whole smith/cole thing will play itself out if they keep being non factors while the offense can’t score tds in the first half.  

Yep!!  FREE DENZEL!!

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Lot of vitriol in this post.  You sure got me pegged.  All this time I thought I wanted the Jets to be competent and not go 10+ years without a playoff bid or 50+ years without a SB, but now you make me realize I just want to be right.  Nailed it.  

People say its only been 2 games for Wilson and you can't judge him on that yet, but already you're basing your takes on Fields and Lance on them being currently blocked by veterans thru 2 games?  Interesting.  

You are right. My post came on too strong.  Apologies.  Let me explain.  The overreaction on this board to two games is just absurd and so are the constant premature " I told you sos."  But....anybody who thinks they know how good Wilson or any Jets players drafted last year or this year (or any of the other 2021 first round QBs )will be is just full of it.  The same people who are making conclusions on Wilson are propping up Darnold, who is still a mystery in year 4, and the other 4 rookie QBs. None of the 4 rookie QBs are showing anything positive.  Fields and Lance aren't playing or are playing sparingly... and not well.  Lawrence has been just as bad as Wilson (on a team similarly lacking in talent and experience) and Mac Jones is Captain Checkdown in two starts.  Let's give it 3 years please. I can give you multiple examples of great NFL QBs who stunk early in their careers and busts who lit it up in year 1.  

I did a bunch of scouting on Zach, and his biggest issue right now is that he doesn't have receivers bailing him out, nor does he have pocket integrity. 

Pocket integrity was a main issue with him in college, he tends to drift backwards in the pocket, which is a nightmare to block, especially against speed rushers.  He needs to learn to step up in the pocket when there are extra rushers, but he's way too comfortable throwing off-balance.  

Saying all that, I've been encouraged with what I've seen, because this team somehow turned good WR depth in BS, with Mims sitting and Crowder hurt.  We don't have anyone that scares people down the field, which is why a guy like Mims needs to play.  

6 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

more like the untouched delayed Patriot blitz up the middle was going to pop Wilson in the mouth and he forced the throw instead of just taking the sack, nobody was open on that play. Second INT Corey Davis put his hands up just a tad bit late and the ball went through his hands, that wasn't on Wilson and would've been a great play if Davis caught it. The other two INTs were just terrible decision making by Wilson trying to make something happen that wasn't there. We need Mims to help Wilson's jump ball throws

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Averagejetsfan1421 said:

Trevor Lawrence can throw 3 picks and nobody says a word, they are not ready to throw him away after 2 games , they have the same amount of interceptions just in case anyone missed that 

Another aspect there is Lawrence is throwing the highest amount of uncatchable balls in the league. Outside of a few passes, Wilson's throws are catchable. The WRs needs to make the grabs where Davis had for the 1st 2 INTs against NE one bounce off his hands and the other go through his hands. He doesn't make those 2 mistakes and maybe the next 2 INTs never occur since Zack would not have been pressing so much in those cases and also trying to catch up with the score as Jets were slowly but surely falling pretty far behind. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Another aspect there is Lawrence is throwing the highest amount of uncatchable balls in the league. Outside of a few passes, Wilson's throws are catchable. The WRs needs to make the grabs where Davis had for the 1st 2 INTs against NE one bounce off his hands and the other go through his hands. He doesn't make those 2 mistakes and maybe the next 2 INTs never occur since Zack would not have been pressing so much in those cases and also trying to catch up with the score as Jets were slowly but surely falling pretty far behind. 

But yet our fan base is read to throw him away 

• Sympathy 1

19 hours ago, jago said:

imagine if we didn’t get skunked on favre 30 yrs ago , half this board would time travel back and trade him to GB after 2 games just like the falcons did.

18 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Every Jet QB who starts off bad is a future HOFer.  Its truly uncanny!

two sides of the same SOJF-ism. we are truly damaged goods.

• Haha 1