Any chance Jets could go after Aaron Rodgers next year?

KO91

With Teddy having a career year maybe he sticks around in Denver (rumored to get Rodgers). 

The Jets have the cap space and draft picks to get him. 

As for Zach even if he’s a complete disaster he’s still probably worth a 2nd round pick (see Rosen). Could even see a team like Tampa or NO offering a first. 

IMO this would be a win win for everyone. 

-Jets immediately become a contender and are no longer a laughing stock 

-Rodgers gets full control of the organization. Weak ownership, weak GM, weak HC.  

-Wilson gets better coaching and a chance to develop his game. 

• Thumb Down 4
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, KO91 said:

With Teddy having a career year maybe he sticks around in Denver (rumored to get Rodgers). 

The Jets have the cap space and draft picks to get him. 

As for Zach even if he’s a complete disaster he’s still probably worth a 2nd round pick (see Rosen). Could even see a team like Tampa or NO offering a first. 

IMO this would be a win win for everyone. 

-Jets immediately become a contender and are no longer a laughing stock 

-Rodgers gets full control of the organization. Weak ownership, weak GM, weak HC.  

-Wilson gets better coaching and a chance to develop his game. 

disbelief-what.gif

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, jgb said:

It’s funny. OP was just cautioning posters in another thread for jumping to conclusions about Becton based on sample size. Can’t make this stuff up.

Becton has at least put good tape out there on the NFL level. Im not going to write his career off because he had a bad sophomore year. Marcus Maye is a great example of that. 

Aaron Rodgers vs Zach Wilson isn’t even debatable. Reminds me of that Family Guy episode “a boat is a boat, but the mystery box could be anything, it could even be a boat”. 

7 minutes ago, KO91 said:

Becton has at least put good tape out there on the NFL level. Im not going to write his career off because he had a bad sophomore year. Marcus Maye is a great example of that. 

Aaron Rodgers vs Zach Wilson isn’t even debatable. Reminds me of that Family Guy episode “a boat is a boat, but the mystery box could be anything, it could even be a boat”. 

It’s two games. You know what we know after two games? In some ways less than after none because of wild over reactions. Look I slammed JD for not bringing in a Trubisky/Minshew type as QB2 and I didn’t want Wilson but even I think we gotta give him a little time here lol.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

23 minutes ago, jgb said:

Yeah, it's moot anyway. Why the Hell would a 39 year old HOFer join on for a rebuild?

So he can tarnish his legacy by looking like cr@p on an expansion level roster while picking up more money that he really, really needs to feed his family (or something like that).

Then when he calls it quits after a year, or gets maimed for life, we'll be in great shape for our next rebuild! :D 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, jgb said:

It’s two games. You know what we know after two games? In some ways less than after none because of wild over reactions. Look I slammed JD for not bringing in a Trubisky/Minshew type as QB2 and I didn’t want Wilson but even I think we gotta give him a little time here lol.

Two things are painfully obvious after two weeks

1) Wilson has talent, but needs a ton of work and does not look ready to be an NFL starter.

2) The Jets have no idea how to develop a young QB. 

Aaron Rodgers might be the only shot Saleh and Douglas have at keeping their jobs long-term. 

• WTF? 1

Just now, KO91 said:

Aaron Rodgers might be the only shot Saleh and Douglas have at keeping their jobs long-term. 

Signing Rodgers next year would put me firmly in the "JD must go" camp. Total flip flop, going against all his principles and his plan, and setting us up for more long term problems in the outside hope of a quick fix.

If Saleh is already worrying about his job after two games of his first season, we are doomed. No two ways about it.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, jamesr said:

So he can tarnish his legacy by looking like cr@p on an expansion level roster while picking up more money that he really, really needs to feed his family (or something like that).

Then when he calls it quits after a year, or gets maimed for life, we'll be in great shape for our next rebuild! :D 

The Jets have more talent than you think. The problem over the years has been the QB play. When you consistently start the worst QB in the NFL it’s tough to win games. 

Aaron Rodgers would change that and bring out the best of the NYJ. Also free agents would be lining up to come play with him.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jamesr said:

Signing Rodgers next year would put me firmly in the "JD must go" camp. Total flip flop, going against all his principles and his plan, and setting us up for more long term problems in the outside hope of a quick fix.

If Saleh is already worrying about his job after two games of his first season, we are doomed. No two ways about it.

Saleh signed off on Zach Wilson. He’s going down with the ship too. 

1 minute ago, KO91 said:

Saleh signed off on Zach Wilson. He’s going down with the ship too. 

And he didn't sign off on him thinking that after two games they'd have to cut bait. Ownership, GM and HC are in this for the long haul (which in NYJ terms is at least 2-3 years ;-)).

If they turn around now and say "we can't win with our hand picked QB draft pick" then both JD and RS are gone before anyone even looks at free agents. It's Saleh and Zach this year, next year, and the year after ... or it's reset yet again and clear house. By which time Rodgers will be making more TV appearances than football ones.

Just my opinion. :-) 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, KO91 said:

Two things are painfully obvious after two weeks

1) Wilson has talent, but needs a ton of work and does not look ready to be an NFL starter.

2) The Jets have no idea how to develop a young QB. 

the jets have no idea?  maybe had no idea.  granted they could've brought a vet to start the season and then go to wilson but other than that and getting him reliable receivers there's not much else they can do personnel wise.  coaching?  they have lafleur and cavanaugh to deal with his throwing issues.  he'll come around.  it's far too soon to even think about launching him.

• Upvote 1