• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Amazing how everyone on JN who sh*t on Darnold the last two years have suddenly come to the conclusion that football is a team sport.

3-0 start for Darnold, JN implodes even further!   

This board is a train wreck. It's unreadable.  When Carolina does well, trading Darnold was the worst trade in NFL history .  When McCaffrey goes down and Darnold looks like , well Darnold, then the n

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

He certainly took his fair share of Kix this game. He couldn't handle the Trix the Panthers D was throwing at him. He should Count his Lucky Charms that it wasn't worse. He looked pretty Toast for how many times he got Crunched.

Cinnamon.

@Smizzy ban this man

• Haha 3
15 minutes ago, DLJ said:

Sam Darnold finally threw 300 yards

6th actually

Which is still kinda sad for a #3OA 4th year QB in the modern era.

I mean, he was on the Jets for the first 3 years, so...

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

He certainly took his fair share of Kix this game. He couldn't handle the Trix the Panthers D was throwing at him. He should Count his Lucky Charms that it wasn't worse. He looked pretty Toast for how many times he got Crunched.

Cinnamon.

I went to Vegas, didn't think it'd do any harm
I walked into this girl named Lucky Charm
For some reason, we walked in the rain
She had a four-leaf clover with a big gold chain
She had a salary that was full of calories, for real
And I was in the mood for a home cooked meal
So we went to be alone
But we had to be quiet, 'cause her corn pops was home
Kissed her neck, kissed her back, kissed her arms
I said "Forget it, let me see your lucky charms."
When we began, her hairstyle was neat
But when I left the next morning it looked like shredded wheat
Talked about marriage, I said "That's risky
Besides, it's such a waste of Rice Crispies"
She had a robe with the velour material
Her pops woke up, I said "Hello Mr. Cereal
I came this morning to deliver the paper."
He said "Stop frontin', I know you caught the vapors
That's my daughter, so save your croonin'
You better find another bowl of cereal to stick your spoon in."

• Haha 2

I am a big Darnold fan and I would have supported  him staying but the Jets had to trade him. The clock ran out on Sam here. You can blame Gase for bad coaching, blame JD for not getting him help, or blame Sam because he really was not good here but there was a huge risk associated  with him remaining here that the organization  does not have to deal with with Wilson. That is why he is playing on the Panthers. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I am a big Darnold fan and I would have supported  him staying but the Jets had to trade him. The clock ran out on Sam here. You can blame Gase for bad coaching, blame JD for not getting him help, or blame Sam because he really was not good here but there was a huge risk associated  with him remaining here that the organization  does not have to deal with with Wilson. That is why he is playing on the Panthers. 

A lot of risk pinning your future on a QB who only had one good season at BYU. Both had their share of risks.

• Upvote 4
11 hours ago, chirorob said:

Blaming a guy for getting a viral infection is kind of odd.  I got pneumonia, and missed 2 weeks of work, should my co workers blame me?

How'd you get it? 

He's 3-0. So, clearly it's not him...

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, genot said:

A lot of risk pinning your future on a QB who only had one good season at BYU. Both had their share of risks.

Well personally,  I wanted Fields. Wilson scared the crap out me. Still does, but he is our guy so I support him now

• Upvote 2
20 minutes ago, genot said:

I'm sure.  The reality of having egg on your face is hard to deal with. Even for grown men.

I'm not even a DahnULD HAter.

I just think this obsessive defense of his after he's no longer a Jet is silly and childish.

Like, move on.

• Upvote 2
25 minutes ago, genot said:

Yes.. Carolina is 2 or 3 offensive lineman away from being serious contenders in the NFC. With or without Joe Brady. If Darnold had more time to night he would have thrown for well over 400 yds

Season 9 Idk GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

• Haha 4
7 minutes ago, genot said:

One was going into his 4th year in the NFL with a sub 60% completion percentage and 45 TDs to 39 INTs and 20 fumbles, who was going to be due a substantial pay increase, while one was coming in fresh on a rookie contract.

Yep. Basically the same risk.

• Upvote 1
42 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Since this is the discussion you want to have, do you think one good year is worth giving Sam Darnold a 150-200 million dollar, almost fully guaranteed contract, when he is probably going to lose Joe Brady and that scheme next year?

Sam's 5th year option was picked up. that means he costs @25 million for this year and 2022.

8 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Well personally,  I wanted Fields. Wilson scared the crap out me. Still does, but he is our guy so I support him now

So do I. Support Wilson, that is. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

One was going into his 4th year in the NFL with a sub 60% completion percentage and 45 TDs to 39 INTs and 20 fumbles, who was going to be due a substantial pay increase, while one was coming in fresh on a rookie contract.

He played on a horrible football team. Fix the team. 

• Upvote 3
46 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I went to Vegas, didn't think it'd do any harm
I walked into this girl named Lucky Charm
For some reason, we walked in the rain
She had a four-leaf clover with a big gold chain
She had a salary that was full of calories, for real
And I was in the mood for a home cooked meal
So we went to be alone
But we had to be quiet, 'cause her corn pops was home
Kissed her neck, kissed her back, kissed her arms
I said "Forget it, let me see your lucky charms."
When we began, her hairstyle was neat
But when I left the next morning it looked like shredded wheat
Talked about marriage, I said "That's risky
Besides, it's such a waste of Rice Crispies"
She had a robe with the velour material
Her pops woke up, I said "Hello Mr. Cereal
I came this morning to deliver the paper."
He said "Stop frontin', I know you caught the vapors
That's my daughter, so save your croonin'
You better find another bowl of cereal to stick your spoon in."

Milky cereal lyrics???  Holy early 90s.

32 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I'm not even a DahnULD HAter.

I just think this obsessive defense of his after he's no longer a Jet is silly and childish.

Like, move on.

This was a huge decision by our GM that took a long time for him to make. If Wilson busts, and Darnold becomes a consistent  performer in Carolina. It might be considered one of the worst decisions ever made by an NFL GM. It was a decision made entirely by him, because others thought we should stick with Sam. Apparently  JD had a hard on for Wilson since the end of the season. 

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yeah that’s the correct take home message:  Darnold never has a good enough OL.  Never anything to do with Darnold’s terrible presnap reads or decision making.  

FFS some of you…

The message I took home was that Darnold completed 23 of 34 passes for 304 yards, zero interceptions, zero turnovers, QB rating 95.7 and two rushing touchdowns in a 24-9 win over Houston.

I hope Zach puts up numbers like these against Denver.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

Sam survived two years of Gase's coaching.

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, genot said:

I'm sure.  The reality of having egg on your face is hard to deal with. Even for grown men.

your a little overconfident on someone who just beat the 2nd and 3rd worst teams in the NFL last year with rookie QBs. but enjoy your 15 mins of fame, i dont think you will be smiling when he starts playing better teams

59 minutes ago, genot said:

This was a huge decision by our GM that took a long time for him to make. If Wilson busts, and Darnold becomes a consistent  performer in Carolina. It might be considered one of the worst decisions ever made by an NFL GM. It was a decision made entirely by him, because others thought we should stick with Sam. Apparently  JD had a hard on for Wilson since the end of the season. 

your right. so why does it seam like your rooting for our GM to make the worst decision by a GM.

2 minutes ago, doitny said:

your a little overconfident on someone who just beat the 2nd and 3rd worst teams in the NFL last year with rookie QBs. but enjoy your 15 mins of fame, i dont think you will be smiling when he starts playing better teams

If he falters it will be because of his o-line. They are not good. Anderson had one catch for 10 yards. Had no time for anything real deep.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, doitny said:

your right. so why does it seam like your rooting for our GM to make the worst decision by a GM.

Rooting for Darnold to do well doesn't  mean I wish Wilson fails. I hope he becomes the QB we drafted him to be. Wilson has been giving a chance here. I don't  believe Darnold ever was given that chance. One of the main reasons why I root for the guy. I believe he was treated like trash here, to be honest. Here kid,(20 yes old, mind you), here's the football, take us to the playoffs. Forget about the 10 other guys around you. That's  our business, not yours.

• Post of the Week 4
55 minutes ago, genot said:

If he falters it will be because of his o-line. They are not good. Anderson had one catch for 10 yards. Had no time for anything real deep.

Anderson has been invisible. i thought the reunion would have been better. at this rate Anderson will have a worst year with Sam now then he did in 2 years with the Jets. what is it..5 catches in 3 games. 103yds 1 TD ... thats brutal.

i think there about the same line they had last year and he had 95 catches. i dont think they want him to go deep like that. same thing here. Sam never really went deep.

15 hours ago, undertow said:

Zero chance Mayfield would have succeeded here.  He was terrible his first few season both on and off the field.  And the jury is still out weather he's anything more then a game manager on a loaded team.  

Have you seen him throw this season?

No game manager that I have seen pushes the ball downfield like Mayfield

14 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I don't know what you're even talking about. I don't see anyone making claims that Darnold is the next anyone or that he'll be playing in the Super Bowl any time soon. All I've said is that he's played better with a better surrounding cast and that his team is 2-0. Are you disputing any of what I've said or just arguing some strawman?

IMO Mayfield, Allen & Jackson all would have been failures here during the timeframe Darnold was here because the supporting cast and coaching staffs were garbage. Do you really think Adam Gase and his staff would have been able to build an offense around Jackson the way the Ravens have?

I was comparing the Darnold chain of events to Farve landing in GB. Farve was let go by Atlanta.

After 2 games, Im not jumping to conclusions just yet. Darnold played his former team, so of course there was added motivation. The rookie QB Carolina faced was sacked 6 times.

Jackson would use his athletic ability regardless of the uniform. Why would Jackson not be able to run like he does just because he is a Jet? Its not like his supporting cast is out there blocking for him. I stand by my statements. Good or great QBs make those around him better. Elway made the Broncos winners, but still lost 3 super bowls.

Bottom line.

• Confused 1