NFL Thursday night game

faba

1 hour ago, genot said:

Rooting for Darnold to do well doesn't  mean I wish Wilson fails. I hope he becomes the QB we drafted him to be. Wilson has been giving a chance here. I don't  believe Darnold ever was given that chance. One of the main reasons why I root for the guy. I believe he was treated like trash here, to be honest. Here kid,(20 yes old, mind you), here's the football, take us to the playoffs. Forget about the 10 other guys around you. That's  our business, not yours.

your right, but what you said in your post about how bad it would be for JD and even Saleh is what im talking about.

they take a huge hit cause they traded him, no matter what Wilson does. 

nobody cares about how bad JD looks if hes wrong on this.

somebody joked that if Sam got to the SB this year and we went 5-12 this place would exploded. if that happened JD gets fired. not because we went 5-12, there expecting to be about that bad, but because he was so wrong on Sam. i believe some people here wish to see JD gone. im not saying you. i know your a big Sam guy, dont remember how you feel about JD.

did you see the pregame or listen to the radio today. we were talking lumps all day. that one guy on TV i think he was steve smith was cracking jokes at us bad. 

i would like to go to Thanksgiving to hear that Wilson looks good.   and not....but look at Sam he is killing it. he might go to the SB this year... hahahaha you idiots mess up again. you picked the wrong guy. hahahaha

but maybe its just me who wants the Jets to get everything right for a change.

16 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

All the neg reps I got in the last 3 months stating that I thought Darnold would play well once he left this POS organization.

THe BALLS of CHris Johnson to state Gase is coaching where football is going.  The Johnsons know nothing about business, hiring, execution.

Would love to TAG the 3 or 4 Aholes that neg repped me saying Darnold sucks etc.  He may not be great but in a system that protects its most valuable asset, he can manage a game.  But we still have Tebow jerseys. 

I too took heat but let it go.

I loved Sam’s potential but he was damaged by his time here; even last night he still was hesitant at times unlike when he was a rookie.  Josh McCown was phenomenal on that team for his influence on Darnold alone! You don’t think that he is impacting the Texas QB we saw last night?

The folks hoping that Darnold implodes are in for a rude awakening he can play much much better than he did last, much better. I thought at the beginning of the season it would take him five games and maybe this entire season to get on course.  But let that team keeping winning and him get his confidence back and they could be a dangerous team.  

The Dallas game is a bIg game next week for that reason alone. 

Anyway Darnold was the youngest Starting QB in NFL history with I would think one of the worst HCs in NFL history, with no dedicated QB coach, no strategic plan for his development, a horrifically bad OL , no skill players and disfunction at the top of the organization and somehow Darnold was, according to some, supposed to be great in all that mess.

Ummmmm quick answer is no one would be good under those circumstances; no one….

The question that is now beong answered is has Darnold been so harmed that he cannot touch his own inner potential and improve or does he let the past equal the future?

The choice thankfully is now in his hands. 

So let it Go…..

Lets Go Jets!!

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Didn’t read through everything but if it wasn’t for woody having his head up his ass, we have Matt rhule coaching Sam and not loser Gase. How different things could have been if the ownership decided to just let rhule make his own hires. Still too small of a sample size but Sam looks like an NFL QB at this point. In all honesty, I’m happy for the kid. He was able to get out before his career was completely trashed by this franchise.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

I went to Vegas, didn't think it'd do any harm
I walked into this girl named Lucky Charm
For some reason, we walked in the rain
She had a four-leaf clover with a big gold chain
She had a salary that was full of calories, for real
And I was in the mood for a home cooked meal
So we went to be alone
But we had to be quiet, 'cause her corn pops was home
Kissed her neck, kissed her back, kissed her arms
I said "Forget it, let me see your lucky charms."
When we began, her hairstyle was neat
But when I left the next morning it looked like shredded wheat
Talked about marriage, I said "That's risky
Besides, it's such a waste of Rice Crispies"
She had a robe with the velour material
Her pops woke up, I said "Hello Mr. Cereal
I came this morning to deliver the paper."
He said "Stop frontin', I know you caught the vapors
That's my daughter, so save your croonin'
You better find another bowl of cereal to stick your spoon in."

That’s an LL Cool J classic.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

Obviously there needs to be more time but it is a damning indictment of the Jets that Darnold has his best three game stretch in his first three games away. This is sort of bullsh*t gives credence to the idea that people should avoid this franchise. It's a horrible look for everyone involved including Douglas. 

I think Darnold had to go but that doesn't mean it can't still prove the wrong move. The Jets handled him as badly as you can handle any QB - From weapons to the line, to the dipsh*t coach we hired - They basically wrote the book on how to f*ck over a QB. It doesn't change that Darnold looked awful independent of those issues but it's a difficult separation to make. 

The narratives of "Darnold always sucked" or "Darnold was ruined" were both a little reductive. I do think any QB we drafted in that class would have struggled such was the situation and I do think the line we put him behind in his second season especially would have broken most QB's. If he keeps playing like this we're going to be ridiculed nationwide for a long time. Unless Zach is great in which case none of this will matter. Plz be great Zach. 

Let’s see. Darnold has won3 in a row. Two of the 3, Jets, being one, are projected to be amongst the worse in the league. Right now that’s a fact - the Jets and Texans, who are a mess for different reasons, are a mess and bad bad bad. And somehow we actually made a game of it when we played them. Last night he beat another rookie making his first start and nearly let that game get away. He beat the Saints with a complete meltdown by Winston. Ok. He always gets one or two of those a year.  So now all of a sudden he’s the next best thing since Andrew Luck. Give me a ****in break! Now McCafferty is hurt, now he’s got 3 tough games coming up against the Cowboys, Eagles and Vikings. Now put up or shut your phat face. Looking at their schedule, Panthers finish 8-9. 

• Post of the Week 1

I'm going to wait till the end of the year before rendering judgement on Darnold.

He still looks skiddish at times then again when you have played the last two years behind the Jets OL even Patrick Mahomes would start being a little skiddish. Not saying that Darnold is going to be Mahomes now but it will not surprise me if Darnold is a top 15 QB at the end of the season.

I still though get a chuckle out of the people who thought the Jets were going to Carolina and beating the Panthers.

• Upvote 3

I was at the game, first sporting event in almost 2 years. Sam looked much more comfortable, appeared to have better mechanics and obviously much better results. He did wait a bit long in the pocket, he fumbled twice. He also moved around pretty well and had a 30 yard run negated by a penalty. It’s hard not to draw the conclusion that he is a much better QB this year, at least so far. 

I was surprised the Texan’s kept the game close until the end. Panthers not taking points on the road and losing 4th down gambles……

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

lol - this is the same fan base that was giving week to week updates on Jamal Adams contract negotiations with the Seahawks. So, yes, 100% this happening every week.

We did it with Geno, Fitz, Petty, ah… all of them, forget listing them all. 

No fanbase is more jilted and blissfully contradictory in their victim hood.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Guys comparing 3 year Darnold to 2 game Wilson are children.

Darnold was attrocious here due to poor coaching... his contract situation demanded this trade ....

I am very happy to see him revitalizing his career and realizing his potential.

All of this has nothing to do with the unlocked potential of Wilson .. if the Jets ruin another prospect ... it has nothing to do with his potential ...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Barton said:

He can be a solid QB but as you can still see, he doesnt go through his reads/make the right decisions consistently and still misses a good amount of throws every game. Cant see him being more than a Trent Green type, at best. 

Trent Green with the right scheme to hide deficiencies as pretty good.

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

This. Was just going to post a similar sentiment.

”Ahhhhh, the 4th year player is better than the 2-weeks experience rookie, ohhhhh the humanityyyyy…”

Sam could be in the playoffs after talking the panthers who were 5-11 last year, (remember rebuilds take 4-5 years) to playoff wins and you all be like “ehhh guys he doesn’t have good pocket presence”

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

Sam could be in the playoffs after talking the panthers who were 5-11 last year, (remember rebuilds take 4-5 years) to playoff wins and you all be like “ehhh guys he doesn’t have good pocket presence”

23/34 and two RUSHING TDs zero passing TDs.  Not great numbers for the "wunderkind". No doubt Carolina has solved their o line issues.  Take Darnold's rushing TDs away and they win 10-9.  

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Guys comparing 3 year Darnold to 2 game Wilson are children.

Darnold was attrocious here due to poor coaching... his contract situation demanded this trade ....

I am very happy to see him revitalizing his career and realizing his potential.

All of this has nothing to do with the unlocked potential of Wilson .. if the Jets ruin another prospect ... it has nothing to do with his potential ...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

post of the week right here.

We ****ed up Darnold, every person on this board who said he was horrible was wrong and will continue to be proven wrong. Darnold although not a superstar, is going to be very good for very long in the NFL.

Lets hope we dont **** up Wilson, god forbid he goes to a good team 3 years from now...he will make this Darnold thing seem like a walk in the park. Put Wilson on a good team with veterans right now, and he is good as Darnold.