5 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

23/34 and two RUSHING TDs zero passing TDs.  Not great numbers for the "wunderkind". No doubt Carolina has solved their o line issues.  Take Darnold's rushing TDs away and they win 10-9.  

You might want to seek help. Haters gonna hate. 

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Amazing how everyone on JN who sh*t on Darnold the last two years have suddenly come to the conclusion that football is a team sport.

3-0 start for Darnold, JN implodes even further!   

This board is a train wreck. It's unreadable.  When Carolina does well, trading Darnold was the worst trade in NFL history .  When McCaffrey goes down and Darnold looks like , well Darnold, then the n

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Obviously there needs to be more time but it is a damning indictment of the Jets that Darnold has his best three game stretch in his first three games away. This is sort of bullsh*t gives credence to the idea that people should avoid this franchise. It's a horrible look for everyone involved including Douglas. 

I think Darnold had to go but that doesn't mean it can't still prove the wrong move. The Jets handled him as badly as you can handle any QB - From weapons to the line, to the dipsh*t coach we hired - They basically wrote the book on how to f*ck over a QB. It doesn't change that Darnold looked awful independent of those issues but it's a difficult separation to make. 

The narratives of "Darnold always sucked" or "Darnold was ruined" were both a little reductive. I do think any QB we drafted in that class would have struggled such was the situation and I do think the line we put him behind in his second season especially would have broken most QB's. If he keeps playing like this we're going to be ridiculed nationwide for a long time. Unless Zach is great in which case none of this will matter. Plz be great Zach. 

Perfect post.....

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

23/34 and two RUSHING TDs zero passing TDs.  Not great numbers for the "wunderkind". No doubt Carolina has solved their o line issues.  Take Darnold's rushing TDs away and they win 10-9.  

Does it really matter?  TD is a TD, no?  He got them down there close enough for him to run it.  He had 300 yards in the air, so it's not like CMC got him to the goal line and he just walked in, he had to get them down there to have a chance at running it.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1
28 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Trent Green with the right scheme to hide deficiencies as pretty good.

Yea, it is. I dont see him getting there unless he cleans some thiings up but we'll see.

More of a Marc Bulger. Solid QB. Makes a probowl here and there. Never makes it past the divisional round. 

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Does it really matter?  TD is a TD, no?  He got them down there close enough for him to run it.  He had 300 yards in the air, so it's not like CMC got him to the goal line and he just walked in, he had to get them down there to have a chance at running it.

Just making a point.  It's not like he lit up Houston.  Eleven missed throws and no passing TDs.  He'd get torched for those numbers here.  With our o line, Darnold is most likely stuffed on those runs.  We're awful in those situations.

• Confused 1
Just now, munchmemory said:

Just making a point.  It's not like he lit up Houston.  Eleven missed throws and no passing TDs.  He'd get torched for those numbers here.  With our o line, Darnold is most likely stuffed on those runs.  We're awful in those situations.

I hear ya but after our game, this board was railing on him for not being able to throw for 300 yards and multiple TD's and he just did, in back to back games...idk...he did what he was supposed to do, doesnt make him great, doensnt make him bad, just make the Jets look ******* moronic, like usual. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

I hear ya but after our game, this board was railing on him for not being able to throw for 300 yards and multiple TD's and he just did, in back to back games...idk...he did what he was supposed to do, doesnt make him great, doensnt make him bad, just make the Jets look ******* moronic, like usual. 

I get what you're (and others) saying, too.  I watched the game with as much of an open mind as possible.   I came away with okay he won the game.  But it's not like I was blown away by his performance.  Plus, Houston and their young QB looked terrible. 

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I get what you're (and others) saying, too.  I watched the game with as much of an open mind as possible.   I came away with okay he won the game.  But it's not like I was blown away by his performance.  Plus, Houston and their young QB looked terrible. 

Agreed, last night wasnt some incredible moment or performance but I think it's more about the body of work over 3 games.  It's 3 straight games with 2+ TD's (running or passing) and 2 straight games of eclipsing 300 yards.

It just really makes me wonder why even try with this franchise?  I think it was @bitonti who used to say this and I used to think he was silly but now, I think I agree wholeheartedly that the New York Jets = the Washington Generals. 

• Upvote 2
16 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Agreed, last night wasnt some incredible moment or performance but I think it's more about the body of work over 3 games.  It's 3 straight games with 2+ TD's (running or passing) and 2 straight games of eclipsing 300 yards.

It just really makes me wonder why even try with this franchise?  I think it was @bitonti who used to say this and I used to think he was silly but now, I think I agree wholeheartedly that the New York Jets = the Washington Generals. 

Because our timing is always off and the important positions, HC, GM and QB never align. 

Bowles, Mac and Sam to now was the worst game of musical chairs for this franchise. This is what happens when you have an owner who has no idea what he’s doing and turns things over every 2 years. 

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Sam could be in the playoffs after talking the panthers who were 5-11 last year, (remember rebuilds take 4-5 years) to playoff wins and you all be like “ehhh guys he doesn’t have good pocket presence”

Not sure why you’re including me in this, other than that you post stupid nonsense all day so why deviate?

4 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Obviously there needs to be more time but it is a damning indictment of the Jets that Darnold has his best three game stretch in his first three games away. This is sort of bullsh*t gives credence to the idea that people should avoid this franchise. It's a horrible look for everyone involved including Douglas. 

I think Darnold had to go but that doesn't mean it can't still prove the wrong move. The Jets handled him as badly as you can handle any QB - From weapons to the line, to the dipsh*t coach we hired - They basically wrote the book on how to f*ck over a QB. It doesn't change that Darnold looked awful independent of those issues but it's a difficult separation to make. 

The narratives of "Darnold always sucked" or "Darnold was ruined" were both a little reductive. I do think any QB we drafted in that class would have struggled such was the situation and I do think the line we put him behind in his second season especially would have broken most QB's. If he keeps playing like this we're going to be ridiculed nationwide for a long time. Unless Zach is great in which case none of this will matter. Plz be great Zach. 

People are going to put most of the blame of Gase and McCagnan, but Douglas is the one who put the final nail in Darnolds coffin here. 

You can’t tell me he didn’t set him up to fail the way he approached that 2020 off-season.  His projected top targets were Perriman, Mims, Crowder, and Herndon. 

Darnold desperately needed his GM to go out and get him so proven talent to play with. 

1 minute ago, KO91 said:

People are going to put most of the blame of Gase and McCagnan, but Douglas is the one who put the final nail in Darnolds coffin here. 

You can’t tell me he didn’t set him up to fail the way he approached that 2020 off-season.  His projected top targets were Perriman, Mims, Crowder, and Herndon. 

Darnold desperately needed his GM to go out and get him so proven talent to play with. 

Could JD be a "Deep State" plant by Bellicheat to tank the Jets forever??

Mike Myers Evil Laugh GIF

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Because our timing is always off and the important positions, HC, GM and QB never align. 

Bowles, Mac and Sam to now was the worst game of musical chairs for this franchise. This is what happens when you have an owner who has no idea what he’s doing and turns things over every 2 years. 

For sure but this time, we have the alignment, no?  The reporting structure and GM selecting a HC who reports to him.  

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Carolina only won a couple games more then we did last year. Why does it seem every other bad team can turn it around in a season or two but around here I’m told it takes 4-5 years

It’s infuriating and not true 

Especially when Rhule used his ENTIRE 2020 on defense. 

Thought this was a passing league

9 hours ago, genot said:

This was a huge decision by our GM that took a long time for him to make. If Wilson busts, and Darnold becomes a consistent  performer in Carolina. It might be considered one of the worst decisions ever made by an NFL GM. It was a decision made entirely by him, because others thought we should stick with Sam. Apparently  JD had a hard on for Wilson since the end of the season. 

Yep, this is all on JD.

JD was quoted as saying he had to 'see the ball come out of Zach's hand' on his pro-day before making a decision. So, JD makes a franchise altering move based on watching a one year wonder, who played against low level teams while at BYU, run around in shorts playing catch with his friends.

He also lowered Darnold's trade value by waiting until after Zach's pro-day.  Refusing to even listen to trade offers for Sam until after the pro-day.

Yep, IF Zach busts and Darnold plays well that decision by JD WILL go down as one of the worst decisions ever made by an NFL GM.

I will always support the Jets and hope Zach goes on to lead the Jets to the promised land. But JD looks like a loser and I fear he's going to eff up the 2022 draft and FA.

• Post of the Week 1
Yep, this is all on JD.
JD was quoted as saying he had to 'see the ball come out of Zach's hand' on his pro-day before making a decision. So, JD makes a franchise altering move based on watching a one year wonder, who played against low level teams while at BYU, run around in shorts playing catch with his friends.
He also lowered Darnold's trade value by waiting until after Zach's pro-day.  Refusing to even listen to trade offers for Sam until after the pro-day.
Yep, IF Zach busts and Darnold plays well that decision by JD WILL go down as one of the worst decisions ever made by an NFL GM.
I will always support the Jets and hope Zach goes on to lead the Jets to the promised land. But JD looks like a loser and I fear he's going to eff up the 2022 draft and FA.
Welp ... only 6 months till free agency.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, genot said:

This was a huge decision by our GM that took a long time for him to make. If Wilson busts, and Darnold becomes a consistent  performer in Carolina. It might be considered one of the worst decisions ever made by an NFL GM. It was a decision made entirely by him, because others thought we should stick with Sam. Apparently  JD had a hard on for Wilson since the end of the season. 

Almost sounds like you want JD to fail.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, JiFapono said:

lol - this is the same fan base that was giving week to week updates on Jamal Adams contract negotiations with the Seahawks. So, yes, 100% this happening every week.

When you're 0-2 and very likely about to be 0-3, these become the biggest topics of discussion.  That and threads about clothes.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
13 hours ago, genot said:

Yes.. Carolina is 2 or 3 offensive lineman away from being serious contenders in the NFC. With or without Joe Brady. If Darnold had more time to night he would have thrown for well over 400 yds

The idea that the Bucs, even with Todd Bowles running their defense, have anything to worry about from the Panthers is laughable. 

• Upvote 1
24 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

When you're 0-2 and very likely about to be 0-3, these become the biggest topics of discussion.  That and threads about clothes.

Or pining for the days of Adam Gase...

• Haha 1
19 minutes ago, Bugg said:

The idea that the Bucs, even with Todd Bowles running their defense, have anything to worry about from the Panthers is laughable. 

It is today. Teams evolve over the course of the season. Winning breeds confidence.  Not saying the Panthers are about to turn into a buzz saw, but it's not out of the realm of possibility by the end of the season.

15 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

I’m not usually superstitious but if Sam finishes not throwing a late int I’m Gona start believing in the whole Jet curse thing 

Looks like it was a whole Jet curse thing then.  lol

4 hours ago, Lith said:

Darnold has played very well in his first 3 games in Carolina.  Certainly better than I expected.  Does that mean he is a good QB?  Who knows, its only 3 games and he has had a couple of similar 3-game stretches for us in 2018 & 2019.  At this point, the only reason I want to see the Panthers lose some games is the pick we got from him.

He needed a change, he got a change and a chance to resurrect his career.  He has played well through 3 weeks.  It is okay to admit that.

Now, what really matters this year as a Jet fan is how Wilson progresses.  Yes, its a fun little narrative for the press that Darnold got off to a great start and Zach was awful last week.  But I care more about seeing Zach get better as he gets more experience.

Thankfully, this may be the last nationally televised Panther game of the season.

You would think that.

But then one week, you look up and see a Playoff game with Sam Darnold in it.     lol.

Someone said Marc Bulger or Trent Green.    I say Jake Delhomme with a better arm.  

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

I said contenders. Not favorites. I stand by what I said. 

17 hours ago, McNeil said:

Darnold interviewed on set after the game, as a star in their nationally televised win: cool seeing even if it hurt as Jets fan.

And they also baited him into trying to talk sh*t about the Jets and he refused to take the bait.