NFL Thursday night game

faba

39 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Sammy will show his true colors against Houston.  3 Ints

I heard Houston is also going to be missing their best Defensive Player who is a Safety, I think.

https://www.si.com/nfl/texans/news/whats-texans-justin-reids-status-for-thursday-night-football

If Sam throws 3 INTs despite Houston being undermanned, holy sh*t!   That would be bad.....and humiliating in front of a national TV audience.  LOL.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Vin said:

I heard Houston is also going to be missing their best Defensive Player who is a Safety, I think.

https://www.si.com/nfl/texans/news/whats-texans-justin-reids-status-for-thursday-night-football

If Sam throws 3 INTs despite Houston being undermanned, holy sh*t!   That would be bad.....and humiliating in front of a national TV audience.  LOL.

no Sam will play good and all were going to hear is how the Jets made a mistake and should have kept him.

and that's why i root against him. dont like hearing announcers or anybody sh*t on my team,

On 9/21/2021 at 12:57 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

Amazing how everyone on JN who sh*t on Darnold the last two years have suddenly come to the conclusion that football is a team sport.

I stand on the fact that IMO Sam will be a durable starter for the Panthers.

I live here and when he was traded I said the Jets ruined him.  He will never be Montana but can be The next Jake DelHomme.   

I hope the kid goes to the playoffs just to fukk over the Johnsons.  

• Upvote 4

On 9/21/2021 at 11:57 AM, Barry McCockinner said:

Amazing how everyone on JN who sh*t on Darnold the last two years have suddenly come to the conclusion that football is a team sport.

Bottom line is that Baker Mayfield or Josh Allen would still be the Jets QB if they were drafted instead of Darnold.

Im not a fan of his style of play, but Lamar Jackson too.

2 hours ago, OilfieldJet said:

I’ll be at the game, should be fun to watch both QB’s. Watson still not activated, almost an afterthought.

Do they plan on activated him? Who is the backup tonight if they don't?

If Watson is on the Texans bench, I expect the Panther to avoid even touching Mills for fear they might knock him out of the game.

3 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

I stand on the fact that IMO Sam will be a durable starter for the Panthers.

I live here and when he was traded I said the Jets ruined him.  He will never be Montana but can be The next Jake DelHomme.   

I hope the kid goes to the playoffs just to fukk over the Johnsons.  

If you draft a rookie QB, and give him nothing to work with, he will fail.

They drafted Darnold.   They gave him an 500 year old running back, no real receivers, a "Unicorn" tight end, and a poor O Line.  He failed.

Douglas is at least drafting O Linemen with premium picks, and has improved the receiver corp.  I'd also say the running backs are better than last year.  I still would have sit Zack at least most of the year, but if they don't put better talent around him, he will fail.

• Upvote 1

Just saw that the Texans signed Jeff Driscoll from the practice squad to be backup tonight. Shocked Driscoll was nod Taylor's backup. He has 9 NFL starts with 15 games played for the Bengals and Lions.; 58.6%; 13 TD's and 8 picks and 3 rushing TDs. Texans must really like the rookie. Or, they are in full tank mode already. 

35 minutes ago, Francis Sawyer 37 said:

Bottom line is that Baker Mayfield or Josh Allen would still be the Jets QB if they were drafted instead of Darnold.

Maybe? The situation here has been much more sh*tty than in Cleveland or Buffalo. Very difficult for a QB to succeed. Easy to look at a QB who has been good an assume they'd be good here. I don't think it's that simple.

There's a reason no QB's have been good here. There's a reason Darnold looks better on a better team with better coaching.

"bottom line" lulz

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Maybe? The situation here has been much more sh*tty than in Cleveland or Buffalo. Very difficult for a QB to succeed. Easy to look at a QB who has been good an assume they'd be good here. I don't think it's that simple.

There's a reason no QB's have been good here. There's a reason Darnold looks better on a better team with better coaching.

"bottom line" lulz

Think of what you are saying.  ITs TRUTH

Most important position in all of sports and we treat it poorly.  

That’s why we suck…..

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

"bottom line" lulz

Bottom line is that Allen was not surrounded with talent. The Bills won 10 games with John Brown, Cole Beasley and Devin Singletary. A good to great QB makes all around him better.

Who will you blame when Darnold doesnt win? 

• WTF? 2

18 minutes ago, Francis Sawyer 37 said:

Bottom line is that Allen was not surrounded with talent. The Bills won 10 games with John Brown, Cole Beasley and Devin Singletary. A good to great QB makes all around him better.

Who will you blame when Darnold doesnt win? 

The bottom line is that you declaring things the bottom line doesn't make your argument any more convincing.

• Upvote 1

On 9/21/2021 at 9:55 AM, doitny said:

Sam beats 2 rookies in there 1st ever game and a guy who threw 30 INTs in his last season he was a starter

Sam fans will be fitting Sam for his gold jacket after this game.

True.  But those sounded like.... excuses. ?   Like him not having weapons last year, a bad coach, a bad OLine.  If excuses aren't acceptable one way then we can't really use them the other.  As Bill Parcells would say, "You are what your record says you are."  Here Darnold was insufferably bad.  In Carolina so far, undefeated.  He is who he is and if two billion-dollar NFL franchises haven't been able to field a team to be him yet... so beat it.

IMO Sam is who I've always thought he was, a middle of the pack NFL starting QB.  Not Top 10, not Bottom 10.  He typically plays to the level of coaching and talent that he's surrounded by.  That's what happened here, that's what's happening there.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

True.  But those sounded like.... excuses. ?   Like him not having weapons last year, a bad coach, a bad OLine.  If excuses aren't acceptable one way then we can't really use them the other.  As Bill Parcells would say, "You are what your record says you are."  Here Darnold was insufferably bad.  In Carolina so far, undefeated.  He is who he is and if two billion-dollar NFL franchises haven't been able to field a team to be him yet... so be it.

IMO Sam is who I've always thought he was, a middle of the pack NFL starting QB.  Not Top 10, not Bottom 10.  He typically plays to the level of coaching a talent that he's surrounded by.  That's what happened here, that's what's happening there.

What I saw from Darnold that I didn't like was a lack of passion. It seemed to me that he was entitled to be the Jets starter. And in every single "match up" game, where he went against other QBs drafted in his class, he just looked bored and unaffected while getting beat. And, in year 3, he was making the same mistakes he made in year 1. Not sad to see him go. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Francis Sawyer 37 said:

I don't think Lamar would.   Baltimore modified its entire offense to his style, which was very smart on their part and great for him.  Nothing about Gase makes me think he would have done that.

Allen needed some help, especially with his accuracy, which he would not have received from the Jets.

1 minute ago, KO91 said:

Give me a break. The kid was a class act here. I’m happy to see him doing well. 

To Darnold's credit, he never did or said anything to negatively affect the organization.   He also didn't say anything while going out the door to slam the Jets.   He has acted with a lot of class since being drafted.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, chirorob said:

I don't think Lamar would.   Baltimore modified its entire offense to his style, which was very smart on their part and great for him.  Nothing about Gase makes me think he would have done that.

Allen needed some help, especially with his accuracy, which he would not have received from the Jets.

Gase would have destroyed Allen and Jackson even more than Darnold. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, chirorob said:

To Darnold's credit, he never did or said anything to negatively affect the organization.   He also didn't say anything while going out the door to slam the Jets.   He has acted with a lot of class since being drafted.

Why would he? I mean, who really gives a f*ck about what someone says when they leave? It's how you play when you're here that matters to me. And he didn't play all that great. No, he didn't have weapons or an OL for the first two years. But he just didn't inspire me or the Jets to be better. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The bottom line is that you declaring things the bottom line doesn't make your argument any more convincing.

I have no axe to grind with Darnold. Good for him that he is playing well and winning.

Nothing that I have seen leads to me to believe that he is the next Brett Farve. In other words, I would not plan to see him play in the Super Bowl. It would not surprise to see Mayfield, Allen or Jackson in the big game someday. Even when they were bad there were still signs of good.

• Upvote 1