NFL Thursday night game

faba

4 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Rooting for Darnold for 2 reasons: 

1. Good kid and a class act;

2. It makes Douglas look bad for trading him and inches us closer to getting rid of his fat a$$.

It’s a tricky situation.  On one hand I’ve always liked Sam and wish him well but on the other hand we hold Carolinas second round pick so the obvious we want that pick to be high.  However it looks like ad of now that won’t be the case.  Even though I liked Sam I was all fir starting over mostly to restart the rookie clock.  Am I surprised Sam is doing well?  Not at all.  The kid always had talent but was put in as dreadful of a situation as you could possibly be in as a young QB

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Rooting fir draft pick position is a mindset i have never adopted.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I'd understand not wanting to root for your own team to tank, but that's the beauty here, the Jets don't have to, Carolina does. Why is that a problem?

Rooting for an ex-Jet over the interest of the team I root for is not a mindset I've adopted.

8 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

It's not about the record, it's about the draft picks.

What's good for the Jets >>>>>>>>>>> your feelings on Sam Darnold 

I think it’s more my feeling about the Jets vs. my feeling about Darnold and, I’d have to say, Sam has ****ed me over significantly less. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

It’s a tricky situation.  On one hand I’ve always liked Sam and wish him well but on the other hand we hold Carolinas second round pick so the obvious we want that pick to be high.  However it looks like ad of now that won’t be the case.  Even though I liked Sam I was all fir starting over mostly to restart the rookie clock.  Am I surprised Sam is doing well?  Not at all.  The kid always had talent but was put in as dreadful of a situation as you could possibly be in as a young QB

Pretty much my feelings. I was a big supporter of Darnold up until last season. After that, I wanted to move on. I never hated the guy, and said I wouldn't be surprised if he has a career resurgence. Of course, though, I want him to wait until after we use the Carolina picks. And I don't really want him to look better than Wilson, because that would just make being a Jets fan even more insufferable.

• Sympathy 1