BART SCOTT -- FREE DENZEL

Paradis

Instead of Scott jumping on the free Denzel bandwagon, maybe he can find someone to help him figure out how to move up the depth chart.

While i never expected the Jets to win in the first 4/5 games - I can't wait for a win so we can stop with the trade for this guy, free this guy, send this guy to the booth threads. Of course, after 1 win, we will see a ton of 'making the playoffs' threads, but a loss will stop that fast :-)

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

This Denzel Mims crap is getting to ridiculous levels.  Just what has this guy done for people to think he is the next Jerry Rice being kept down by the coaches.

Injured half his 1st year with a hamstring injury, a whopping 24 catches 0.0 Tds in his career.

We get to this years camp and we expect camp reports to say the guy is tearing it up and has taken a big step.  Instead he plummets down the depth chart.

We all thought he was a great pick and a steal.  He has done very little to force the issue and make the team give him a bigger role.

If this guy is el beasto and showing it in practice and camp he would be playing.  He has dug himself a hole and it is up to him to dig his way out.

These are the same people who thought trading down passing on Claypool and drafting Mims and a 3rd string QB was genius.  I think they have convinced themselves Denzel Mims is Randy Moss over the past 2 years.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

it's only game 2.  if mims is good enough he'll play and start over the other guys.  at this point i'd rather give the coaches the benefit of the doubt over any particular player.  it sounds like it's being spun like lafleur doesn't know what he's doing and so on.  maybe so.  it's easy to overlook the fact he's a newbie oc. but there are enough veteran coaches on the team to give saleh advice and hopefully they're speaking up.  and mims wouldn't have made much difference in the outcome.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

This Denzel Mims crap is getting to ridiculous levels.  Just what has this guy done for people to think he is the next Jerry Rice being kept down by the coaches.

Injured half his 1st year with a hamstring injury, a whopping 24 catches 0.0 Tds in his career.

We get to this years camp and we expect camp reports to say the guy is tearing it up and has taken a big step.  Instead he plummets down the depth chart.

We all thought he was a great pick and a steal.  He has done very little to force the issue and make the team give him a bigger role.

If this guy is el beasto and showing it in practice and camp he would be playing.  He has dug himself a hole and it is up to him to dig his way out.

In writing, it is always said you need to find "the note behind the note."

For example, you get a note: "the plot is so complex, with twists and turns that required my full engagement and focus."

Translation: "The plot is a convoluted mess and I was skimming halfway through because I didn't know WTF was going on anymore."

In Mims' case, I think the note behind the note is that he just isn't very good. All this "must know every route" stuff -- while not exactly BS -- would not keep him off the field if he brought enough to the table to help the team on Sundays.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 2

45 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Paradis is like Landru in that old Star Trek episode. And it is clear, Captain Beerfish, that you are not part of the body! You must be absorbed.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Who is making him out to be the next Jerry rice?? The team invested a high pick in him and the fanbase wants to see him play. The people that he is stuck behind aren’t doing anything and in the one opportunity he got he ripped a 40 yard reception. I don’t care about the busted coverage he got open made the play end of story. The fans have every right to question these decisions and be upset about them. He has four less yards than Elijah Moore on 11 less targets, brings more size and speed to the outside and is also a quality run blocker. Any NYJ fan who watched the best slot receiver in last year‘s draft play outside all game while Mims was in sweatpants should be angry…

Considering there have been about 12 posts regarding 1 guy ......ummmmm

7 minutes ago, Drums said:

Is Jeff f*cking Smith Randy Moss? Cause that is why some of us are annoyed. Berrios is better in the slot but I bet Moore and Mims is better than Moore and Berrios.  I don’t know who fits into your generalization though. 

My point is freaking out over the 4th and 5th WR spot on this level is mental. 

11 minutes ago, undertow said:

My point is freaking out over the 4th and 5th WR spot on this level is mental. 

Haha this is the Jets forum, people freak out over less.  I don’t know how many people are super serious with this specific issue either. Some are having a little fun with it I think. With that said, isn’t it disappointing when that 4/5 WR is basically a jag and you have a pretty good WR that has actually made some plays getting deactivated?

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

For example, you get a note: "the plot is so complex, with twists and turns that required my full engagement and focus."

Translation: "The plot is a convoluted mess and I was skimming halfway through because I didn't know WTF was going on anymore." Mims' case, I think the note behind the note is that he just isn't very good. All this "must know every route" stuff -- while not exactly BS -- would not keep him off the field if he brought enough to the table to help the team on Sundays.

That's interesting; your example calls out the author, and yet with our situation, you flipped the script to call out the story. ?

Being consistent would require you to point the figure at the author LaFleur, but its seems some of you are happy giving the 1st year OC a pass and the guy who's made plays in the past, a crucifix. 

It's a a take, I guess.

13 minutes ago, Paradis said:

That's interesting; your example calls out the author, and yet with our situation, you flipped the script to call out the story. ?

Being consistent would require you to point the figure at the author LaFleur, but its seems some of you are happy giving the 1st year OC a pass and the guy who's made plays in the past, a crucifix. 

It's a a take, I guess.

It's called an example not an exact. And by the way, in my example, it's very possible that Lafleur is wrong in his assessment. But if Lafleur believes that Mims could help this team and Zach yet refuses to play him because feelings/reasons, well, that's a worse problem and honestly I'd like to leave a sliver of optimism at this time.

1 hour ago, undertow said:

These are the same people who thought trading down passing on Claypool and drafting Mims and a 3rd string QB was genius.  I think they have convinced themselves Denzel Mims is Randy Moss over the past 2 years.

are we sure the pick would be claypool  (not in hindsight)?

from my memory around here everyone was excited we got our player and a free draft pick.

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

credit @JiFapono

This was an excellent anaysis of why Mims should be rotating on the WR set. 3 WR set Davis Mims, Crowder/Moore - 4 WR set Davis, Mims, Crowder, Moore.  Cole, Berrios, Smith - its just overkill.  These  guys are backups in case of injury. Send Smith to practice squad.   Not a Berrios fan. Useless as a punt returner and Moore would be able to get more reps. Why do you even pick guys like Moore and Mims and dont play them the whole game?  Asinine.

19 minutes ago, jgb said:

It's called an example not an exact. And by the way, in my example, it's very possible that Lafleur is wrong in his assessment. But if Lafleur believes that Mims could help this team and Zach yet refuses to play him because feelings/reasons, well, that's a worse problem and honestly I'd like to leave a sliver of optimism at this time.

cmon.... I get the point that you were making, but i also pointed the fallacy/bias/inconsistency in your narrative. One writer to another, just say - you got me.