BART SCOTT -- FREE DENZEL

Paradis

2 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

There are scores of HOF WRs who didn't know every route tree of of every WR on the team... 

Knock it off!

Name ONE HOF WR who didn't know all the routes of his team. You can't because, if you're a professional, you will, eventually. If your coach lasts long enough.

• Upvote 1

No idea if Mims can be good, but I dont agree with his treatment. Let him run go routes and throw it deep and let him grow from there. Give him the robbie role his first couple years.

Jets coaches seem determined to fit square pegs into round holes. Why are you putting moore on the outside and demanding mims learn the slot. It makes no sense.

I refuse to believe he isnt better than Jeff Smith. Maybe Smith is better in the room but that's about it. Because he is david clowney on game day.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Prodigal Syndicate said:

No idea if Mims can be good, but I dont agree with his treatment. Let him run go routes and throw it deep and let him grow from there. Give him the robbie role his first couple years.

Jets coaches seem determined to fit square pegs into round holes. Why are you putting more on the outside and demanding mins learn the slot. It makes no sense 

I think the issue is that he's not better than any other starter in practice. And he has less experience than those other guys. This will all shake out eventually. It's a case of having too many viable options, which we're not used to seeing on the Jets.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, phill1c said:

I think the issue is that he's not better than any other starter in practice. And he has less experience than those other guys. This will all shake out eventually. It's a case of having too many viable options, which we're not used to seeing on the Jets.

In game, mims has looked better than jeff Smith. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, SR24 said:

Who is making him out to be the next Jerry rice?? The team invested a high pick in him and the fanbase wants to see him play. The people that he is stuck behind aren’t doing anything and in the one opportunity he got he ripped a 40 yard reception. I don’t care about the busted coverage he got open made the play end of story. The fans have every right to question these decisions and be upset about them. He has four less yards than Elijah Moore on 11 less targets, brings more size and speed to the outside and is also a quality run blocker. Any NYJ fan who watched the best slot receiver in last year‘s draft play outside all game while Mims was in sweatpants should be angry…

We've had a half dozen threads about him now crying that he is not being treated fairly.

Where are the threads complaining that jabari zuniga is not getting time over bryce Huff?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

We've had a half dozen threads about him now crying that he is not being treated fairly.

Where are the threads complaining that jabari zuniga is not getting time over bryce Huff?

The defense is actually playing well and Zuniga isn’t the same level prospect that Mims was. Also had Zuniga been given a chance and actually shown a flash,I’m sure more fans would want him to play! I see the point you are trying to make but Mims to Zuniga isn’t really the same thing 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Name ONE HOF WR who didn't know all the routes of his team. You can't because, if you're a professional, you will, eventually. If your coach lasts long enough.

I was going to post Randy "I play when I want to"Moss!

However in fairness to him Moss was very effective when he wanted to be in the slot or dig routes or slants, so that would favor your point and not one that I hyperbolically was trying to make.

Indeed, the more I thought about it the more I would say that a true HOF quality WR is such because he can run his routes anywhere on the filed and thus is able to put pressure on a defense from any offensively designed WR route...

And I still say FACTS BE DAMMED I STILL WANT MIMS ON THE FIELD.....  :) 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Exactly who should Mims start over? And don't say Berrios, our go-to guy, or Corey Davis, our established No. 1...

Not all the time but for a game or two I would start Davis and Mims on the outside and Moore in the slot.

Berrios should be the #4 at best. He is a reliable back up and ST player.

Now, if Mims gets a few start and looks like trash then bump him back down. But this season should be about learning what we have with young players and picks. We arent learning anything about Mims other than the coaches have put him in the doghouse 

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

cmon.... I get the point that you were making, but i also pointed the fallacy/bias/inconsistency in your narrative. One writer to another, just say - you got me.

I’m not a writer just like I’m not an NFL player but I’m allowed to have opinions and draw upon a layman’s experience to express both. So sorry I repeated an oft heard comment about your craft in a way that wasn’t to your liking. You’re basically that one lawyer who cries and tries to fact check lawyer jokes. Only worse because I was giving a hat tip to your craft. What a weird, aggressive reaction. Way to turn someone who held writers and writing in high regard and was genuinely interested in what you do against you.

40 minutes ago, jgb said:

I’m not a writer just like I’m not an NFL player but I’m allowed to have opinions and draw upon a layman’s experience to express both. So sorry I repeated an oft heard comment about your craft in a way that wasn’t to your liking. You’re basically that one lawyer who cries and tries to fact check lawyer jokes. Only worse because I was giving a hat tip to your craft. What a weird, aggressive reaction. Way to turn someone who held writers and writing in high regard and was genuinely interested in what you do against you.

lol what a lame response.

You leverage logic when it suits you, then chastise the person for being too myopic/obtuse when you're found to be at fault.... Then wrap it up with some indictment on the person's character. A coping skill you undoubtedly learned along the way from personal hardships.... 

Ask yourself what's so hard about saying - good point. What ground are you losing? Is it worse to lose a point in a debate, or to be thought of as a loser?  0/100 humans read your reply and thought - James fcking Bond.

Adios, i leave you to those that have an appetite for whatever you call socializing, and seek out earnest conversation elsewhere.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Paradis said:

lol what a lame response.

You leverage logic when it suits you, then chastise the person for being too myopic/obtuse when you're found to be at fault.... Then wrap it up with some indictment on the person's character. A coping skill you undoubtedly learned along the way from personal hardships.... 

Ask yourself what's so hard about saying - good point. What ground are you losing? Is it worse to lose a point in a debate, or to be thought of as a loser?  0/100 humans read your reply and thought - James fcking Bond.

Adios, i leave you to those that have an appetite for whatever you call socializing, and seek out earnest conversation elsewhere.

Serious question: do you really not see how ridiculous this is? You’re getting all pedantic over someone repeating something heard on Rick and Morty. Chill bro. I’m not a ******* writer. Although you thought I was so that’s a compliment I guess if I can have the talent without the ego. If you really need this win in your life then fine. I admit you know more about writing than me. Jesus H. Christ.

PS: funny that you’re playing Internet psychologist — a healthcare field with an actual impact on people’s health and safety — while going gonzo on someone for misusing (your view) a saying about WRITING. 

44 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

The point is that the reason the coaches are giving for not playing him is stupid. They are not saying he’s playing poorly or not catching the ball. They are saying that he failed to learn ALL three wide receiver positions and cannot contribute on special teams. If he can catch the ball it is the coaches jobs to figure out how to use him. There is no receiver on the team like him and he take the top off the Defense. Crap, he’s even valuable as a decoy.

Saleh's the Head Coach. Jarred Goff says hello. Terry Glenn had "her" problems with her coach. I'm sure Belichick would give everyone a cogent explanation. You're mental if you think Saleh owes you an explanation beyond what he has already said.

2 minutes ago, Jethead said:

Saleh's the Head Coach. Jarred Goff says hello. Terry Glenn had "her" problems with her coach. I'm sure Belichick would give everyone a cogent explanation. You're mental if you think Saleh owes you an explanation beyond what he has already said.

Obviously Saleh doesnt owe us an explanation yet he is providing one and it's moronic. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, jgb said:

Serious question: do you really not see how ridiculous this is? You’re getting all pedantic over someone repeating something heard on Rick and Morty. Chill bro. I’m not a ******* writer. Although you thought I was so that’s a compliment I guess if I can have the talent without the ego. If you really need this win in your life then fine. I admit you know more about writing than me. Jesus H. Christ.

PS: funny that you’re playing Internet psychologist — a healthcare field with an actual impact on people’s health and safety — while going gonzo on someone for misusing (your view) a saying about WRITING. 

Dude... Just be real with people sometimes. You fumbled an analogy - who cares. I fck up all the time. I appreciate the point you were making but pointed out why it could the other way... that's it. ... just laugh it off. "yea, good point"..... just genuine chatter-over-beers. 

Too much onerous tail chasing with you - which if you owned it, would be whatever. What is your issue with being corrected? I'm told to chill and back off routinely - and for good reason.  Anyway, whatever - if you wanna think it's all made up, i can't convince you otherwise.

7 hours ago, dbatesman said:

You have to respect that Paradis will go to the ******* mattresses for any receiver over 6’2”, anytime, anywhere

Paradis’ receivers in our JN Fantasy League:

CeeDee Lamb: 6’2”

Keenan Allen: 6’2”

Corey Davis: 6’4”

DJ Chark: 6’4”

Mike Williams: 6’4”

Brandon Aiyuk: RIP

@Paradis certainly has a type.

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Guy won’t play ST and can’t beat out top 3-4 guys right now. 

not that difficult to understand why he isn’t playing 

Let me take a shot. 

Our special teams are passable. 

Other than Davis who are these TOP 3 guys, because if they were producing I guess we wouldn’t be having this conversation 

Our receivers are underperforming and Zach seems to only look for the bigger most physical one we have. Well the only one active that is. He needs more big physical wideouts to throw to. I got an idea! FREE DENZEL

See it’s easy 

• Upvote 2

There’s no good reason David and Mimms are not out wide, with Cole and smith rotating needed basis.  None. 

this theory of needing special teams play and all positions usually holds true for borderline talent or ability, those player play specials and multiple positions to increase their value to make the 53. But what Saleh has put forth, with climbing the ladder by doing these things is a ridiculous standing. 

mimms as a rookie last year with no training camp and an injury played pretty well, still had a greater ypc average than Berrios, or crowder, smith, in fact Mimms is in track being equal to Keelan cole right now. 

it nuts 

Semper Fi