BART SCOTT -- FREE DENZEL

Paradis

36 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Let me take a shot. 

Our special teams are passable. 

Other than Davis who are these TOP 3 guys, because if they were producing I guess we wouldn’t be having this conversation 

Our receivers are underperforming and Zach seems to only look for the bigger most physical one we have. Well the only one active that is. He needs more big physical wideouts to throw to. I got an idea! FREE DENZEL

See it’s easy 

Honest question, do you really think the CS isn’t playing him because of a personal beef? 

I don’t, I find it hard to believe if Mims was ready that a rookie HC and a rookie OC would hold out there best WR to prove a point or a personal vendetta. 

my only logical conclusion I can come up with, is he came in outta shape for whatever reason and he isn’t up to snuff yet, add to that that he won’t play ST and that’s why we find ourselves in the situation we are in. 

I do agree that he has the talent to be a Top Wr on this team. Not sure about the drive. 

guess time will tell

11 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Honest question, do you really think the CS isn’t playing him because of a personal beef? 

I don’t, I find it hard to believe if Mims was ready that a rookie HC and a rookie OC would hold out there best WR to prove a point or a personal vendetta. 

my only logical conclusion I can come up with, is he came in outta shape for whatever reason and he isn’t up to snuff yet, add to that that he won’t play ST and that’s why we find ourselves in the situation we are in. 

I do agree that he has the talent to be a Top Wr on this team. Not sure about the drive. 

guess time will tell

No, I would certainly hope it’s nothing personal. Like to think professionals are in charge. 

I don’t know what it is, but if we had other guys contributing they can do whatever they want. We don’t right now, so try something/someone else. I’m baffled they aren’t playing him. 

I think that’s a fair assumption, maybe he did come in out of shape. Special team thing I could care less about. We need playmakers on O. I’m not saying to start him, but if he’s outta shape is what he has. We need a solution. 

All fair. I honestly don’t care about him long term. We need whatever we can get out of anyone willing to go hard a few times a game to sustain drive and  score touchdowns. 

So FREE DENZEL

57 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

guess time will tell

I could see them doing that. They've talked a lot about earning the wr spot and I can easily see them giving the jobs to the hardest workers over the better players. There's literally no reason why Berrios should be out their starting over Mims. Literally, stick Moore in the slot, he has so far been invisible on the outside and has shown no reason why he should be playing outside when he's 5 ft 8. Put him in the slot instead of forcing him as an outside receiver.

4 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

2019 - Jamal needs to get paid / Who wins a SB with a box safety?

2020 - Sam needs more weaponz / Trade Sam for a bag of d!cks

2021 - #FreeDenzel / Learn the route tree

It's always something with this team...

Answer to the bold:  Basically nobody.  Especially a team who gives up heavy resources for one.  

At least we won that one.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, PS17 said:

Paradis’ receivers in our JN Fantasy League:

CeeDee Lamb: 6’2”

Keenan Allen: 6’2”

Corey Davis: 6’4”

DJ Chark: 6’4”

Mike Williams: 6’4”

Brandon Aiyuk: RIP

@Paradis certainly has a type.

I've got Courtland Sutton (6-3) on my team.  Wonder what I could get from Paradis in a trade for him?

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, jgb said:

In writing, it is always said you need to find "the note behind the note."

For example, you get a note: "the plot is so complex, with twists and turns that required my full engagement and focus."

Translation: "The plot is a convoluted mess and I was skimming halfway through because I didn't know WTF was going on anymore."

In Mims' Saleh's case, I think the note behind the note is that he just isn't very good. All this "must know every route" stuff -- while not exactly BS -- would not keep him off the field if he brought enough to the table to help the team on Sundays.

Fixed it

4 hours ago, The Crusher said:

No, I would certainly hope it’s nothing personal. Like to think professionals are in charge. 

I don’t know what it is, but if we had other guys contributing they can do whatever they want. We don’t right now, so try something/someone else. I’m baffled they aren’t playing him. 

I think that’s a fair assumption, maybe he did come in out of shape. Special team thing I could care less about. We need playmakers on O. I’m not saying to start him, but if he’s outta shape is what he has. We need a solution. 

All fair. I honestly don’t care about him long term. We need whatever we can get out of anyone willing to go hard a few times a game to sustain drive and  score touchdowns. 

So FREE DENZEL

What if Saleh grilled that Salmon that made him sick?  Talk about a grudge.  Just own it Mr. Diesel.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Has looked better than Cole too tbh.  Its all good  though word is Matt Rhule will trade for him in heartbeat if he becomes available. so we will see how it all plays out..

how do you know this? cause Mims has one catch and Cole has none. 

i think you guys are building Mims up too much, at this rate when he does get into a game if hes not Jerry Rice he will be a bust.

4 hours ago, artemusclyde said:

I could see them doing that. They've talked a lot about earning the wr spot and I can easily see them giving the jobs to the hardest workers over the better players. There's literally no reason why Berrios should be out their starting over Mims. Literally, stick Moore in the slot, he has so far been invisible on the outside and has shown no reason why he should be playing outside when he's 5 ft 8. Put him in the slot instead of forcing him as an outside receiver.

Agree completely...this is definitely a war of wills rather than a talent choice...whatever the beef is they are not saying and the explanations are not adding up...it will come out eventually, most likely when they trade him.  

• Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, doitny said:

how do you know this? cause Mims has one catch and Cole has none. 

i think you guys are building Mims up too much, at this rate when he does get into a game if hes not Jerry Rice he will be a bust.

Being better than Keelan Cole. Does not make you jerry rice. Dude is a jag relax..

8 hours ago, The Crusher said:

So FREE DENZEL

Don’t disagree, the only reason I bring ST into it is, if he is out of shape and he isn’t willing to play ST then I think the CS is trying to send a message. It’s not necessarily that I think Mims should play ST, but if and it’s a big if he did come in out of shape, and his speed isn’t what it should be and his conditioning isn’t there yet, he should be willing to do whatever he has to do to get on the field     

Completely my own opinion but not coming into camp in shape although bad isn’t the end of the world, same thing goes for not wanting to play ST but if both thing are happening at the same time it is a little of an eye opener 

All that said

So FREE DENZEL

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Paradis said:

Dude... Just be real with people sometimes. You fumbled an analogy - who cares. I fck up all the time. I appreciate the point you were making but pointed out why it could the other way... that's it. ... just laugh it off. "yea, good point"..... just genuine chatter-over-beers. 

Too much onerous tail chasing with you - which if you owned it, would be whatever. What is your issue with being corrected? I'm told to chill and back off routinely - and for good reason.  Anyway, whatever - if you wanna think it's all made up, i can't convince you otherwise.

Gonna let this go, man. I repeated a saying I'd heard before that seemed to fit. You admit you understood the point I was making. Seems to me it conveyed what I intended it to. Sorry again if I insulted your profession in some way. Sometimes I do intend to offend, this was not one of those cases. It was an innocent use of an analogy. Although, I do stand by lightening up as a good policy. My profession is probably the most-joked about in the world. Just embrace it when laymen show some interest in what you do. Waste of energy to rain down fire and brimstone on their heads. :) 

4 hours ago, jgb said:

Gonna let this go, man. I repeated a saying I'd heard before that seemed to fit. You admit you understood the point I was making. Seems to me it conveyed what I intended it to. Sorry again if I insulted your profession in some way. Sometimes I do intend to offend, this was not one of those cases. It was an innocent use of an analogy. Although, I do stand by lightening up as a good policy. My profession is probably the most-joked about in the world. Just embrace it when laymen show some interest in what you do. Waste of energy to rain down fire and brimstone on their heads. :) 

Life is filled so many more challenges that those that a MB poses... for clarity again though, the analogy was fine, but it actually suggested the opposite of you said.

That was it.

It was like saying - One day the Jets are gonna win this David and Goliath thing w/ NE and finally beat the pants off David... Your analogy suggested the CS need to own the problem, and it was a good analogy.

whatevs. Let's hope Mims is active this week.

23 hours ago, jgb said:

In Mims' case, I think the note behind the note is that he just isn't very good. All this "must know every route" stuff -- while not exactly BS -- would not keep him off the field if he brought enough to the table to help the team on Sundays.

Not necessarily true about him not being very good.  He might not be connecting with the coaches, not exhibiting 100% energy in practices, not paying attention when the coaches are speaking to the group, etc....  Perhaps he is acting aloof.  Whatever it is, the proof is on the field making plays.  

He needs to be given the opportunity to play in games, and then if he is no good, then the fans will shut up, and then he can have his place on the bench.  But until he gets the opportunity in games, this questioning from the fans and media will continue, at least while the Jets continue to lose games.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Cimini said that he believes Mims will be inactive again this Sunday. 

no way they are going to play him this week - they said he's trending the right way.  but if they play him this week people will say they got pushed to do it by the media.

i think he's active the following game

On 9/21/2021 at 4:07 PM, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Berrios should be the #4 at best. He is a reliable back up and ST player.

He appears, to me, to be an adequate slot receiver. I don't see anyone being better than him that role. Especially nobody who hasn't impressed to coaching staff enough to start already.

The Jets have a wealth of riches at WR. Berrios is performing at a level higher than most of his teammates.

On 9/21/2021 at 6:40 PM, peekskill68 said:

2019 - Jamal needs to get paid / Who wins a SB with a box safety?

2020 - Sam needs more weaponz / Trade Sam for a bag of d!cks

2021 - #FreeDenzel / Learn the route tree

It's always something with this team...

I'm confused by this post. Are you suggesting that no other teams have these same issues? because they do.

4 hours ago, phill1c said:

He appears, to me, to be an adequate slot receiver. I don't see anyone being better than him that role. Especially nobody who hasn't impressed to coaching staff enough to start already.

The Jets have a wealth of riches at WR. Berrios is performing at a level higher than most of his teammates.

I just cant agree the jets have a wealth of riches at WR. Having a lot of bodies isnt the same as having a wealth of assets. Crowder is a much better slot receiver  and Moore should be who we are seeing as he is supposed to be the future of that position. Berrios should be third behind them.

If Berrios is performing higher than his teammates that speaks volumes about this teams talent pool. Because on a team like say, the bucs, he probably wouldn't even make the roster.

8 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Which plays can you point to? 1 catch in 2 games with a fair amount of snaps.

lotta different factors go into who is targeted on specific plays. 

I don't get paid to evaluate who is playing, who is starting, who should be. I defer to the guys whose job it is. And they aren't too pressed to get Denzel Mims on the field over some of their other guys.

Other people have a different opinion and I respect that. 

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

His zero career tds  certainly indicate he is play maker.

No, it's his 15.0 YPC that indicate he is a play maker.  The zero touchdowns had more to do with where he was when targeted.

• Upvote 1