If I know this forum, the Jets 2021 fall guy is....

kevinc855

13 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

You guessed it. Someone has to be the bad guy. No Gase or Mac. 

220px-Mike_LaFleur_August_2015.jpg

Oh man, they beat me to it. I didn't know this was already a thing when I posted this yesterday:

22 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Jets’ logo should be more like a recycle bin. Because green.  :D 

recycling-bin-trash.svg 

But still, garbage nonetheless. 

How forward-thinking of the Jets, for once! Know what you are, and wear it! :rl: 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

You guessed it. Someone has to be the bad guy. No Gase or Mac. 

220px-Mike_LaFleur_August_2015.jpg

Definitely him this damn idiot doesn’t call a damn zone read or rpos …. Nothing …. With a qb who supposedly runs a 4.4 …. They ran zone read one time for a 2 pt conv. Run it more …. They need to run it how 49ers ran it with kap …

2 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

It’s all their fault. The coaches simply don’t have enough time to scour the internet and implement all of our ideas into the gameplan every week. It’s why we lose games.

If only Zach didn't get booed then we'd have more influence

imo sunday's game is on wilson and lafleur.  wilson for making bad throws and lafleur for not getting him to cool his jets and call plays that better negated the patsie defense.  the run game was working to a point.  who knows if they threw in a few screens or slants instead of having wilson drop back so often.

• Upvote 2

We're currently ranked 31st in points scored and 26th in Offensive yards.

If this continues throughout the season, isn't it appropriate to look at the Offensive Coordinator and ask "why were we so bad"?

I don't think he'll be fired after one year, to be clear, but if we continue to suck, he is a key part of designing, implementing and play-calling the Offense.  He sorta IS responsible for our Offense.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

If this continues throughout the season, isn't it appropriate to look at the Offensive Coordinator and ask "why were we so bad"?

I don't think he'll be fired after one year, to be clear, but if we continue to suck, he is a key part of designing, implementing and play-calling the Offense.  He sorta IS responsible for our Offense.

Yes, what's more concerning is the Pats and Panthers aren't exactly top 5 defenses either. 

• Upvote 1

I'd blame Saleh and JD for hiring Lil Mikey before I actually blame Lil Mikey.  It's not his fault if he continues to suck, its the guys who trusted he could do the job. Like who's genius idea was it to draft a huge project at QB and then strap him with a first OC and first time HC playing on arguably the worst team in Football?

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I'd blame Saleh and JD for hiring Lil Mikey before I actually blame Lil Mikey.  It's not his fault if he continues to suck, its the guys who trusted he could do the job. Like who's genius idea was it to draft a huge project at QB and then strap him with a first OC and first time HC playing on arguably the worst team in Football?

Was always worried about the Rookie QB with the Rookie HC with the super young Rookie OC...

Yea, I would of rethought that one...

56 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Imo it was a terrible mistake hiring a rookie OC to groom a rookie QB (especially a gunslinger rookie QB) 

I wonder if he had a different last name would he even be considered for the job.

I seriously hope I’m wrong though 

2 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Imo it was a terrible mistake hiring a rookie OC to groom a rookie QB (especially a gunslinger rookie QB) 

I wonder if he had a different last name would he even be considered for the job.

But he’s bringing the Shannahan system to the Jets! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

It always the OC who is the fall guy ,always,

Fans always bargain by blaming the OC instead of the head coach, QB, and the skill players. I’ve never read a team’s message board that didn’t hate the offensive coordinator. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, oatmeal said:

Greg Knapp was supposed to help both Zach and Lafleur.  Rip.