Jump to content

Mosley Extension ??


Dunnie

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

You know, I was just thinking that it wasn't quite enough to have another 4 years left on the record-breaking contract of a 29-year old, with all of this year's and half of next year's salaries guaranteed.  Need to be at least 6 steps ahead.

I'd give him another paid year off just to get his head straight.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I was thinking we should look to trade him by the deadline while his stock is decent.  Why not?  He isn't part of the team's future regardless of how well he plays this year.

Not that anyone would take on his contract but it would be worth a shot.  

This makes sense and if he plays the way he played yesterday all year I could definitely see a contender taking him on for a playoff run

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Mosley under contract for a bit

We need to get Maye done but JD gona JD and most likely let him walk....

I am all for resigning Maye as long as it’s not to deal like Jamal Adams signed which he is probably going to want. Don’t get me wrong I do think he deserves to get paid, but he is not worth giving 15-17 million a year (neither is Adams btw), especially with the team being in the current state that it is in, the Jets have way too many holes to be paying a premium price currently at the safety position. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, K Clue said:

I am all for resigning Maye as long as it’s not to deal like Jamal Adams signed which he is probably going to want. Don’t get me wrong I do think he deserves to get paid, but he is not worth giving 15-17 million a year (neither is Adams btw), especially with the team being in the current state that it is in, the Jets have way too many holes to be paying a premium price currently at the safety position. 

Guys I don’t know how to say it. It’s a market, there’s a rate. You pay it or you get someone cheaper, and as the old saying goes you get what you pay for. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Guys I don’t know how to say it. It’s a market, there’s a rate. You pay it or you get someone cheaper, and as the old saying goes you get what you pay for. 

I see what you’re saying, but I just don’t see JD giving in and signing him for 15+ million a year, mainly because of his age and the teams other needs as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I was thinking we should look to trade him by the deadline while his stock is decent.  Why not?  He isn't part of the team's future regardless of how well he plays this year.

Not that anyone would take on his contract but it would be worth a shot.  

i don't think i'd be so quick to trade him.  he's played well so far and unless he gets injured it looks like he's going to have a really good year.  this team is very young and much as i don't always agree with the whole vet leadership thing there are some vets that can inspire the young players to be better.  mosely could be that guy.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, rangerous said:

i don't think i'd be so quick to trade him.  he's played well so far and unless he gets injured it looks like he's going to have a really good year.  this team is very young and much as i don't always agree with the whole vet leadership thing there are some vets that can inspire the young players to be better.  mosely could be that guy.

I doubt we get anything decent for Mosley in a trade so, yeah, might as well keep him.  I'm just saying we might as well look into it while he's playing well and is healthy.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...