Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Isn't he already under contract for another 3 years after this season?
Ah ... for some reason inthought we only had him locked up through 2023.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I was thinking we should look to trade him by the deadline while his stock is decent.  Why not?  He isn't part of the team's future regardless of how well he plays this year.

Not that anyone would take on his contract but it would be worth a shot.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

You know, I was just thinking that it wasn't quite enough to have another 4 years left on the record-breaking contract of a 29-year old, with all of this year's and half of next year's salaries guaranteed.  Need to be at least 6 steps ahead.

I'd give him another paid year off just to get his head straight.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I was thinking we should look to trade him by the deadline while his stock is decent.  Why not?  He isn't part of the team's future regardless of how well he plays this year.

Not that anyone would take on his contract but it would be worth a shot.  

This makes sense and if he plays the way he played yesterday all year I could definitely see a contender taking him on for a playoff run

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Mosley under contract for a bit

We need to get Maye done but JD gona JD and most likely let him walk....

I am all for resigning Maye as long as it’s not to deal like Jamal Adams signed which he is probably going to want. Don’t get me wrong I do think he deserves to get paid, but he is not worth giving 15-17 million a year (neither is Adams btw), especially with the team being in the current state that it is in, the Jets have way too many holes to be paying a premium price currently at the safety position. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, K Clue said:

I am all for resigning Maye as long as it’s not to deal like Jamal Adams signed which he is probably going to want. Don’t get me wrong I do think he deserves to get paid, but he is not worth giving 15-17 million a year (neither is Adams btw), especially with the team being in the current state that it is in, the Jets have way too many holes to be paying a premium price currently at the safety position. 

Guys I don’t know how to say it. It’s a market, there’s a rate. You pay it or you get someone cheaper, and as the old saying goes you get what you pay for. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Guys I don’t know how to say it. It’s a market, there’s a rate. You pay it or you get someone cheaper, and as the old saying goes you get what you pay for. 

I see what you’re saying, but I just don’t see JD giving in and signing him for 15+ million a year, mainly because of his age and the teams other needs as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Give him a Bobby Bonilla type contract, why not. 

Good idea give him a million dollars a year until he’s like 60 lol. Bonilla got so lucky with that.. If only I could be that lucky. 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
If I have a vote?  No.   He does not look like the same player.
You realize he was awesome in coverage and had a 10/10 tackle rate Sunday right ?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I was thinking we should look to trade him by the deadline while his stock is decent.  Why not?  He isn't part of the team's future regardless of how well he plays this year.

Not that anyone would take on his contract but it would be worth a shot.  

i don't think i'd be so quick to trade him.  he's played well so far and unless he gets injured it looks like he's going to have a really good year.  this team is very young and much as i don't always agree with the whole vet leadership thing there are some vets that can inspire the young players to be better.  mosely could be that guy.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Guys I don’t know how to say it. It’s a market, there’s a rate. You pay it or you get someone cheaper, and as the old saying goes you get what you pay for. 

Exhibit A – Trumaine Johnson

  • Post of the Week 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Mosley under contract for a bit

We need to get Maye done but JD gona JD and most likely let him walk....

Mosley and Mims will make fine Patriots one day. But damn, we got a lot of cap space and everyone has every position of the playbook committed to memory. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rangerous said:

i don't think i'd be so quick to trade him.  he's played well so far and unless he gets injured it looks like he's going to have a really good year.  this team is very young and much as i don't always agree with the whole vet leadership thing there are some vets that can inspire the young players to be better.  mosely could be that guy.

I doubt we get anything decent for Mosley in a trade so, yeah, might as well keep him.  I'm just saying we might as well look into it while he's playing well and is healthy.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Guys I don’t know how to say it. It’s a market, there’s a rate. You pay it or you get someone cheaper, and as the old saying goes you get what you pay for. 

I'm just going to say this is an odd comment to make in a thread about Mosley. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

If this team wins 3-6 games but Mosley plays like a pro-bowler ( which he is), then he’ll get moved. Some contending team in need of LB help will pull the trigger.

Leaving the NY Jets with no one at the LB position. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...