Mosley Extension ??

Dunnie

3 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Mine as well. If we end in the 3-6 win range( chances are we will) it basically means we can lose with Mosley in the lineup. If the right offer comes along, pull the trigger.

we’re rebuilding anyway.

No way in hell do you trade a proven LB like Mosley for what more failed draft picks. 

This team will never win with the formula they using. 

We don't draft well.

22 hours ago, K Clue said:

I am all for resigning Maye as long as it’s not to deal like Jamal Adams signed which he is probably going to want. Don’t get me wrong I do think he deserves to get paid, but he is not worth giving 15-17 million a year (neither is Adams btw), especially with the team being in the current state that it is in, the Jets have way too many holes to be paying a premium price currently at the safety position. 

The problem with FA is that it is actually hard to spend to money on good players from other teams.  They are all over priced.  Signing your own FA tends to result in the best value.  Without Maye back there the secondary is a big mess.  Who else to you see the Jets signing in FA?  A FA T hopefully?  Moses? They seldom free up.  RG?  CB?  There is money to pay Maye generously to help ensure a competitive team next year 

15 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No way in hell do you trade a proven LB like Mosley for what more failed draft picks. 

This team will never win with the formula they using. 

We don't draft well.

You’re right about our draft history, but Mosley wasn’t JD’s signing and just like Sam, he’ll be moved.

the jury’s still out on JD’s picks so law of averages says the more picks the better the odds are that he gets a few right.

Why are we discussing this anyway? With our luck, watch Mosley get injured midway through the year!

18 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Trading proven players for more picks for Joe Douglas is like putting gold coins in nickel slot machines. 

Maybe so.  But we have no choice but to hope he gets better at drafting.  And Mosley isn't really "proven" any longer, at least not from a durability standpoint.  I think he gets hurt again this season and deals with a multi-game absence.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, varjet said:

The problem with FA is that it is actually hard to spend to money on good players from other teams.  They are all over priced.  Signing your own FA tends to result in the best value.  Without Maye back there the secondary is a big mess.  Who else to you see the Jets signing in FA?  A FA T hopefully?  Moses? They seldom free up.  RG?  CB?  There is money to pay Maye generously to help ensure a competitive team next year 

I agree with you about the secondary, but it’s just he’s going to want top safety money and I don’t think JD will give him that, but only time will tell. I’m somewhere stuck in the middle because I do feel like he deserves the extension, but I also don’t think he’s worth 15-17 million a year.

As for free agency I really only see it as decent way to build some depth on certain positions, like tackle and guard which they very much need at the moment. 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Maybe so.  But we have no choice but to hope he gets better at drafting.  And Mosley isn't really "proven" any longer, at least not from a durability standpoint.  I think he gets hurt again this season and deals with a multi-game absence.

Stop being hateful. You do realize he was never hurt before the injury with the Jets? Right? 

On 9/21/2021 at 4:19 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

I was thinking we should look to trade him by the deadline while his stock is decent.  Why not?  He isn't part of the team's future regardless of how well he plays this year.

Not that anyone would take on his contract but it would be worth a shot.  

Yeah, let’s try to trade Mosely, then we can do the same with Maye. Next year? QW, and whoever else we might have to pay above minimum wage.

No need to have football players on a football team when you can have more draft picks for the next rebuild.

49 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Stop being hateful. You do realize he was never hurt before the injury with the Jets? Right? 

Not entirely true.  He did miss 2 games in 2016 and a game in 2018. 

But that none of that really matters.  Once you miss nearly an entire season with an injury, then sit out another season, and then turn 29....you are now going to be prone to injury.  

22 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not entirely true.  He did miss 2 games in 2016 and a game in 2018. 

But that none of that really matters.  Once you miss nearly an entire season with an injury, then sit out another season, and then turn 29....you are now going to be prone to injury.  

Yea and once you get laid you are more prone to getting laid again, but no guarantee it happens again. 

• Haha 1