Jump to content

Rex Ryan on Get Up “I’d whip Mac Jones if I was coaching”


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your reminder that Rex hasn’t gotten so much as an interview for a head coaching job since Terry Pegula threw his losing ass out of Buffalo.

Fun fact: Rex Ryan and Eric Mangini produced the same exact win percentage as HC of the New York Jets.

They’d get the NCAA Death Penalty within 18 months of Rex taking over. 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Your reminder that Rex hasn’t gotten so much as an interview for a head coaching job since Terry Pegula threw his losing ass out of Buffalo.

Agreed that Rex sucks as a HC…in the big leagues.

But I have little doubt that a big college program like USC would throw the bank at him if his ego would actually allow it.

His rah-rah sh*t would jive with 18 and 19 year old kids like peanut butter and jelly.

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Fun fact: Rex Ryan and Eric Mangini produced the same exact win percentage as HC of the New York Jets.

Rex did it with Manginis players Mangini is a better HC than REX.  REX could whip a QB, he couldn’t  identify one.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Your reminder that Rex hasn’t gotten so much as an interview for a head coaching job since Terry Pegula threw his losing ass out of Buffalo.

Couldn't even get an interview at Miami U.  

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  

 

3 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Agreed that Rex sucks as a HC…in the big leagues.

But I have little doubt that a big college program like USC would throw the bank at him if his ego would actually allow it.

His rah-rah sh*t would jive with 18 and 19 year old kids like peanut butter and jelly.

 

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

[Rex] couldn't even get an interview at Miami U.  

 

And he wanted that job badly.  He coached an awful lot of Miami guys in the NFL.  Wonder why none of them went to bat for him?

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Paradis said:

interesting statement there by Rexy (why you guys still get chaffed when his name comes up is beyond me)

"Flip the jerseys on the two QBs, and tell me if you still think Zach throws 4 INTs and Mac looks like Mac in G/W..." 

This is where i leverage LaFleur's handling of Mims into the conversation 😎

tell ya one thing... he wasnt wrong

But its also tough, maybe LaFleur is over his head, too early for me to say for sure because there were wide open guys all over the place and zach just tried to push the ball down the field needlessly. But hard to compare anyone really to Mcdaniels, who outside of Payton or Reid who are HC that call plays, is probably the best OC in the league.  Mcdaniels would have had sanchez and darnold as perennial probowlers prob. 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, chirorob said:

Wow

Rex talking s***.  What a shocker, here's a news flash, its not 1988, and the 46 doesn't work anymore.

Primarily because Brady + BB spent 6 years abusing it, exposing it, and dominating us because of it.

But sure, Rex and all that talk.

BB just quietly dominates.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Paradis said:

interesting statement there by Rexy (why you guys still get chaffed when his name comes up is beyond me)

"Flip the jerseys on the two QBs, and tell me if you still think Zach throws 4 INTs and Mac looks like Mac in G/W..." 

This is where i leverage LaFleur's handling of Mims into the conversation 😎

So, you realize Rex is saying “put Zach on the Pats vs. Rex’s Jets D and he won’t throw 4 picks”.

I mean.

Angry Gi Joe GIF

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

the rex hate is comical by jet fans-his teams were relevant and competitive and we went to the playoffs under him

I would love to be watching a team that had fire and was competitive on the field

 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Primarily because Brady + BB spent 6 years abusing it, exposing it, and dominating us because of it.

But sure, Rex and all that talk.

BB just quietly dominates.

Except that for years they would post Bradys numbers vs Rex and the Jets and they were significantly worse than against other teams.  

You can hate him all you want, there are plenty of reasons to other than this.  When there was talent and Rex gets the blame for the talent falling off as he became more responsible for the roster, this team was a tough defense

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, kmnj said:

the rex hate is comical by jet fans-his teams were relevant and competitive and we went to the playoffs under him

I would love to be watching a team that had fire and was competitive on the field

 

 

 

 

The current team has fire.

The only difference really, was that the early Rex teams had a top 5 OL and this team doesn’t.

Oh, and when his rookie QB throws interceptions, Robert Saleh doesn’t throw him under the bus and use ‘red, yellow, green’ system to ‘fix’ him.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Except that for years they would post Bradys numbers vs Rex and the Jets and they were significantly worse than against other teams.  

You can hate him all you want, there are plenty of reasons to other than this.  When there was talent and Rex gets the blame for the talent falling off as he became more responsible for the roster, this team was a tough defense

Wins and losses. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

So, you realize Rex is saying “put Zach on the Pats vs. Rex’s Jets D and he won’t throw 4 picks”.

I mean.

Angry Gi Joe GIF

👆

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Other than the usual Rex hate Im trying to figure out what he said that was wrong.

So, I’m the only one here that realizes what he said is ironically stupid?

Figures.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

  

 

 

 

And he wanted that job badly.  He coached an awful lot of Miami guys in the NFL.  Wonder why none of them went to bat for him?

Not enough pretzel m&ms left to barter with. I think when Rex opens his mouth now everybody takes it as background noise. The guy doesn’t have a leg to stand on. Kind of like Herm, but he doesn’t have the “I’m a minority guy” to lean back on. He’s just a fat stupid white guy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...