Rex Ryan on Get Up “I’d whip Mac Jones if I was coaching”

KO91

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Your reminder that Rex hasn’t gotten so much as an interview for a head coaching job since Terry Pegula threw his losing ass out of Buffalo.

Agreed that Rex sucks as a HC…in the big leagues.

But I have little doubt that a big college program like USC would throw the bank at him if his ego would actually allow it.

His rah-rah sh*t would jive with 18 and 19 year old kids like peanut butter and jelly.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Fun fact: Rex Ryan and Eric Mangini produced the same exact win percentage as HC of the New York Jets.

Also in common:

- being unable to field competitive teams because of the ominous search for “right fit” players

- running strong personalities out of the building, regardless of competency, due to raging insecurity issues

- stupid ******* catch phrases

- more successful when fat

- fooled NFL into thinking they “played the Pats tough”, but lists their virginity to BB every season 

- perverted obsession with QBs that failed them

- lost the team every year

- overrated defensive minds that were extensively used by Brady and Manning to usher in the era of slot WRs, RBs and TEs devouring slow LBers

- trash 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Agreed that Rex sucks as a HC…in the big leagues.

But I have little doubt that a big college program like USC would throw the bank at him if his ego would actually allow it.

His rah-rah sh*t would jive with 18 and 19 year old kids like peanut butter and jelly.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

[Rex] couldn't even get an interview at Miami U.  

And he wanted that job badly.  He coached an awful lot of Miami guys in the NFL.  Wonder why none of them went to bat for him?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 hours ago, Paradis said:

interesting statement there by Rexy (why you guys still get chaffed when his name comes up is beyond me)

"Flip the jerseys on the two QBs, and tell me if you still think Zach throws 4 INTs and Mac looks like Mac in G/W..." 

This is where i leverage LaFleur's handling of Mims into the conversation ?

tell ya one thing... he wasnt wrong

But its also tough, maybe LaFleur is over his head, too early for me to say for sure because there were wide open guys all over the place and zach just tried to push the ball down the field needlessly. But hard to compare anyone really to Mcdaniels, who outside of Payton or Reid who are HC that call plays, is probably the best OC in the league.  Mcdaniels would have had sanchez and darnold as perennial probowlers prob. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, chirorob said:

Wow

Rex talking s***.  What a shocker, here's a news flash, its not 1988, and the 46 doesn't work anymore.

Primarily because Brady + BB spent 6 years abusing it, exposing it, and dominating us because of it.

But sure, Rex and all that talk.

BB just quietly dominates.

11 hours ago, Paradis said:

interesting statement there by Rexy (why you guys still get chaffed when his name comes up is beyond me)

"Flip the jerseys on the two QBs, and tell me if you still think Zach throws 4 INTs and Mac looks like Mac in G/W..." 

This is where i leverage LaFleur's handling of Mims into the conversation ?

So, you realize Rex is saying “put Zach on the Pats vs. Rex’s Jets D and he won’t throw 4 picks”.

I mean.

Angry Gi Joe GIF

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Primarily because Brady + BB spent 6 years abusing it, exposing it, and dominating us because of it.

But sure, Rex and all that talk.

BB just quietly dominates.

Except that for years they would post Bradys numbers vs Rex and the Jets and they were significantly worse than against other teams.  

You can hate him all you want, there are plenty of reasons to other than this.  When there was talent and Rex gets the blame for the talent falling off as he became more responsible for the roster, this team was a tough defense

• Thumb Down 1

8 minutes ago, kmnj said:

the rex hate is comical by jet fans-his teams were relevant and competitive and we went to the playoffs under him

I would love to be watching a team that had fire and was competitive on the field

The current team has fire.

The only difference really, was that the early Rex teams had a top 5 OL and this team doesn’t.

Oh, and when his rookie QB throws interceptions, Robert Saleh doesn’t throw him under the bus and use ‘red, yellow, green’ system to ‘fix’ him.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Except that for years they would post Bradys numbers vs Rex and the Jets and they were significantly worse than against other teams.  

You can hate him all you want, there are plenty of reasons to other than this.  When there was talent and Rex gets the blame for the talent falling off as he became more responsible for the roster, this team was a tough defense

Wins and losses. 

19 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

So, you realize Rex is saying “put Zach on the Pats vs. Rex’s Jets D and he won’t throw 4 picks”.

I mean.

Angry Gi Joe GIF

?

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Other than the usual Rex hate Im trying to figure out what he said that was wrong.

So, I’m the only one here that realizes what he said is ironically stupid?

Figures.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And he wanted that job badly.  He coached an awful lot of Miami guys in the NFL.  Wonder why none of them went to bat for him?

Not enough pretzel m&ms left to barter with. I think when Rex opens his mouth now everybody takes it as background noise. The guy doesn’t have a leg to stand on. Kind of like Herm, but he doesn’t have the “I’m a minority guy” to lean back on. He’s just a fat stupid white guy.