Joe Douglas & Co. are here thru the 2023 season.

4 minutes ago, slats said:

This is the first time there’s been some synergy between the HC and GM of the Jets since Mangini and Tannenbaum. They (smartly) fired Mangini, and replaced him with Rex who was there at the right time because M&T had build up the OL and defense in their three drafts, and Rex was here to ground and pound. Rex and Tanny, though, made really questionable moves; moves you have to wonder about how much ownership was involved. Chasing Peyton, extending Sanchez, trading for Tebow? Ugly, and they made Tannenbaum pay the price and replaced him with John Idzik in an amazing, nearly impossible, horrendous downgrade. They almost seemed to come to their senses when they fired Rex and Idzik simultaneously, but then they decided to make two distinctly different hires in Maccagnan and Bowles and told them to wok together - which they obviously didn’t/couldn’t do. 

Woody going away was probably a blessing. Chris didn’t have the courage to fire Mac and Bowles at the same time, but Gase took care of that by stabbing him repeatedly in the back. He recommended Joe Douglas for the job, a genuinely respected NFL executive, not another Bradway/Tanny/Idzik/Maccagnan nobody, but someone actually coveted. And the Jets landed him!

Next, everyone realized that Gase sucked, so he was gone. With another head coaching vacancy, the Jets quietly changed their reporting structure and had Joe Douglas hire his own coach. And then, for the second time in a row, the Jets once again managed to land their #1 candidate in Robert Saleh. 

Then Joe Douglas, his scouts, Robert Saleh, his staff, all decided that they should dump Darnold and make Zach Wilson the #2 pick in the draft and hand him the starting job. 

Whiners gonna whine, trolls gonna troll, but JD, Saleh, and Zach are gonna be with the Jets in their respective positions thru 2023 - at a minimum. They’re giving the stable organization idea a real shot. I make no predictions (lol!), but I continue to like the direction. Fifteen games left this season, maybe we can root for these guys. At the very least, get used to them being here. 

This post is too good for me to even make a joke. Well said, slats.

• Upvote 1

Yes and no.

There’s a conceivable path to them both being gone next year.

If we’re bottom of the league (wins & losses) and Zack Wilson is a bottom tier QB…

Then they may want to regroup for 2023 with new GM•HC•QB if we are looking at a top pick.

I have expectations and faith that this won’t happen…but that would be the way the plug is pulled early.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3

Him being retained doesn’t mean that he’s performing at an acceptable level. When you watch other teams, you see how poor our players and overall talent are in comparison. Saleh and Zach just got here, Douglas’ now has a track record, and it is horrendous. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Yes and no.

If we’re bottom of the league (wins & losses) and Zack Wilson is a bottom tier QB…

Then they may want to regroup for 2023 with new GM•HC•QB if we are looking at a top pick.

I have expectations and faith that this won’t happen…but that would be the way the plug is pulled early.

Not with all the guaranteed years, and millions, left on their contracts. Minimum, three years. 

3 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Him being retained doesn’t mean that he’s performing at an acceptable level. When you watch other teams, you see how poor our players and overall talent are in comparison. Saleh and Zach just got here, Douglas’ now has a track record, and it is horrendous. 

There’s no point in trying to separate Saleh and JD. Saleh had his choice of jobs, he chose to partner with Joe Douglas with, of all godforsaken franchises, the New York Jets. They’re a team, and Douglas is actively bringing in the players, or types, the coaching staff is looking for. 

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

But is it trolling to say that, so far, after a full training camp and two weeks of losses, that The Saleh Administration appears to have lost the entire 2020 draft class, and that the players generally seem bored with Saleh’s shtick? The dude was supposed to be a high-octane motivator and yet the core players on the roster look disinterested in competing, except for two transplants in CJ Mosley and Braxton Berrios? To date, the best player acquisition that can be attributed to Douglas’s process is, who, Matt Ammendola? 

They lost me until they FREE DENZEL. Nothings working, but yeah, keep the big, fast, physical wideout on the bench. It’s been a terribly disappointing start to say the least. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

But is it trolling to say that, so far, after a full training camp and two weeks of losses, that The Saleh Administration appears to have lost the entire 2020 draft class, and that the players generally seem bored with Saleh’s shtick? The dude was supposed to be a high-octane motivator and yet the core players on the roster look disinterested in competing, except for two transplants in CJ Mosley and Braxton Berrios? To date, the best player acquisition that can be attributed to Douglas’s process is, who, Matt Ammendola? 

2020 draft class does look bad, but it's a 50/50 deal and 2021 still could be a home run.  

The team seems united and motivated to me.  We both might be projecting though... None of us are passive observers lol.  

• Upvote 2
8 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

They lost me until they FREE DENZEL. Nothings working, but yeah, keep the big, fast, physical wideout on the bench. It’s been a terribly disappointing start to say the least. 

Here's what I don't get... Can't they teach him 10 routes and plays REALLY well and rotate him in on those?  Then add 2 a week? 

Why does he need to know every WR position on every play? 

The guy is gifted and you need to use the resources available rather than try to mash everyone into the same guy.  

2 minutes ago, Action Zachtion said:

2020 draft class does look bad, but it's a 50/50 deal and 2021 still could be a home run.  

The team seems united and motivated to me.  We both might be projecting though... None of us are passive observers lol.  

There's been no lack of motivation by this team I've seen the opposite...game 1 the offense couldn't function because the o-line was a mess game 2 because the QB was a mess....average play from either in those games and things would look a lot different. There's two legit things to worry about it's JDs drafting and is WIlson the guy everything else is nonsense.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Yes

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

Yes and no.

Nope. They could go 0-17 in 2021 and be bad in 2022 and they will ALL be here through 2023.  Maybe they change the OC if Lafleur doesnt get his game together. But even that, I doubt.   

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, slats said:

This is the first time there’s been some synergy between the HC and GM of the Jets since Mangini and Tannenbaum. They (smartly) fired Mangini, and replaced him with Rex who was there at the right time because M&T had build up the OL and defense in their three drafts, and Rex was here to ground and pound. Rex and Tanny, though, made really questionable moves; moves you have to wonder about how much ownership was involved. Chasing Peyton, extending Sanchez, trading for Tebow? Ugly, and they made Tannenbaum pay the price and replaced him with John Idzik in an amazing, nearly impossible, horrendous downgrade. They almost seemed to come to their senses when they fired Rex and Idzik simultaneously, but then they decided to make two distinctly different hires in Maccagnan and Bowles and told them to wok together - which they obviously didn’t/couldn’t do. 

Woody going away was probably a blessing. Chris didn’t have the courage to fire Mac and Bowles at the same time, but Gase took care of that by stabbing him repeatedly in the back. He recommended Joe Douglas for the job, a genuinely respected NFL executive, not another Bradway/Tanny/Idzik/Maccagnan nobody, but someone actually coveted. And the Jets landed him!

Next, everyone realized that Gase sucked, so he was gone. With another head coaching vacancy, the Jets quietly changed their reporting structure and had Joe Douglas hire his own coach. And then, for the second time in a row, the Jets once again managed to land their #1 candidate in Robert Saleh. 

Then Joe Douglas, his scouts, Robert Saleh, his staff, all decided that they should dump Darnold and make Zach Wilson the #2 pick in the draft and hand him the starting job. 

Whiners gonna whine, trolls gonna troll, but JD, Saleh, and Zach are gonna be with the Jets in their respective positions thru 2023 - at a minimum. They’re giving the stable organization idea a real shot. I make no predictions (lol!), but I continue to like the direction. Fifteen games left this season, maybe we can root for these guys. At the very least, get used to them being here. 

It's a historically relevant post which illustrates and explains the lunacy, idiocy and incompetence of this 'organization'.  If Macc was given 5 years, Saleh and Douglas should have the luxury of twice that.  

2 hours ago, slats said:

Not sure who do better job  at defending the Jets are  a dumpster fire, this post or Baghdad bob

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

namathjmg.jpg

SAR I

• Haha 1

For Saleh and JD to stay through 2023 this team has to be a lot better next year.  How is that going to happen?  Let’s start with the offense.

QB-hopefully Wilson is not maimed this season.  He comes back with White and at this point a better veteran backup option. We will need to win games if Zach gets hurt.  Otherwise could be 3rd round draft pick.

OL-my favorite unit.  This all hangs on Becton.  AVT, McGovern and GVR are back.  I would extend or be prepared to franchise Moses.  That leaves the draft to find a new RG and C and backup T. 

RB-Perine and Carter are signed.  This will need more talent. 

WR-Davis, Moore and Mims are signed.  Cole and Crowder are not.  Mims has to get better.

TE-need new players

So on offense, improving is not only about upgrading-it’s about filling gaping holes.   

5 hours ago, Action Zachtion said:

Here's what I don't get... Can't they teach him 10 routes and plays REALLY well and rotate him in on those?  Then add 2 a week? 

Why does he need to know every WR position on every play? 

The guy is gifted and you need to use the resources available rather than try to mash everyone into the same guy.  

your right. that's why I'm leaning towards he is just getting out played by Berrios in practice.

as hard as that is to believe i find it harder to believe that hes not playing cause the CS is punishing him.

the CS is just not rewarding him for not beating out Berrios. 

you gotta respect what Saleh is doing. if you don't practice hard you don't play

We are going to keep Joe Douglas no matter how poor his track record as the Jets GM, because the GM, who the Adam Gase found, hired Robert Saleh. We can't keep changing GM's, even if the GM continues to do a poor job of acquiring talent. The synergy is AMAZING right now. Why would any GM want to come to the Jets with all that draft capital, cap space, and lastly work with Robert Saleh? So just sit tight and allow Joe to continue on his path, this makes the Jets look stable. We need stability even if we stink. Hope the trolls understand this and stop with their hot knee-jerk takes. 

10 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Not sure who do better job  at defending the Jets are  a dumpster fire, this post or Baghdad bob

As one of the primary whiners on the board, I really appreciate all of your reactionary opinions, but I’m really gonna need you to walk me thru where I defended anyone or anything in that particular post. 

Thanks!

• Upvote 1