Jump to content

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, slats said:

This is a great thread, primarily because of the title. This way I can merge all of the little Kevin rants in one convenient place in the future. 

Alt title: poopie dumpster

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

You know...am I to negative? I heard that a few times on here. So I thought to myself, am I? 

Maybe, but maybe here is why. In the last 10 years we are on our 3rd, count em 3rd rebuild. Idzik had one, failed, Mac had one, failed, now JD has one. I mean WHAT COULD GO WRONG?!!! I mean he has a nice bald head and looks like Sal the guy at your local butcher, he obviously is better then the nerdy looking ones!!! 

So as I did with Mac, I questioned some roster moves. I saw us one by one give away playmakers and replace them with one year guys who had a good "value" and guess WHAT, many ended up playing like garbage. We all thought we are smart, CAP SPACE BRO, DRAFT CAPITAL BRO, you know when draft capital matters? WHEN YOU HIT ON YOUR PICKS!! THE 2020 CLASS IS A DISASTER!

OHHHHH but dont worry Kevin, the CAP SPACE!! LOOOK AT IT! We can address the line with it!! Lines still a mess!! A complete and utter mess! Becton will play at best 3-5 games a year, kid cant stay healthy. We start over again on the line.

OHHHH look how smart we are, we didn't pay Robbie!! Robbie is going off getting 54 yard TD bombs on us BUT WE THINK WE ARE SMART. I mean we got Berrios BRO! My goodness, which brings me to the guy who threw the pass. If you were on this forum you think Sam Darnold couldn't throw a pass! WE CELEBRATED THE TRADE!! YAYYYY WE ARE SMART AGAIN. Sam is about to be 3-0 when he beats the Texans with solid stats and fresh off a win BEATING US! BUT WE ARE SMART. SAM STINKS!!!! 

This brings me to our NEW LOOK OFFENSE...OOOOO AHHH. A guy with a famous last name to boot!! WE ARE SMART! WE JUST SCORED 6 POINTS AND GOT OUR DOORS BLOWN OFF 25-6 AT HOME. 

Guys on here trash Rex and other former coaches, BUT I DO ANNYTHING TO be JUST Competitive again, let alone 2 AFC Championship trips. Who knew Rex and Tanny be as good as it gets around here. Heres to another year of getting bombed in the 300s watching awful football. GREAT GUYS!! WE ARE SMART THO!!!! 

IS THIS REBUILDING OR JUST BAD FOOTBALL. Stop with the excuses. I need a cup of coffee. 

Thanks for hearing me out...

Kev, I can't believe the legions of people that disagree with your point will not shut up and just keep spouting the same things over, and over and over again. Don't you just hate it that they will not just agree with your take, and see everything as clearly as you do. 

You keep fighting the good fight.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, slats said:

This is a great thread, primarily because of the title. This way I can merge all of the little Kevin rants in one convenient place in the future. 

I was going to say, wow a little rant from Kevin -- here's something totally new!

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

To actually be good in this league, you need to build/rebuild the right way — through the draft & timely free agents sprinkled in.

The problem is it takes a few years to build it. This isn’t the NBA where 1 draft pick or free signing changes everything.

The biggest problem for us as a fan base is that we’ve been doing half measures since 2021.

There was never a true start-from-scratch with the key players (GM - HC) aligned.

This is that…we are there now. But we suffered for a decade of putrid “football.” So our patience is gone.

Unfortunately though, it is the only real way to build it right. It’s going to take time. The season was always going to go this way, we’re just sick of dealing with it (and for good reason).

The one thing I’ll say is this. 90% of us knew from the 2013 season on that it was all a disaster waiting to happen. There truly was nothing to be hopeful for, long term.

2013-2014: Idzik & Rex. Idzik never should have been a GM and Rex shouldn’t have been forced on any GM.

2015-2016: Mac n Bowles forced marriage + overpriced/over-the-hill veteran signings was doomed from Day 1. Most of us knew that 2015 was fool’s gold, especially after the way it ended.

2017-2018: The Tank. A GM tanking for a high draft pick QB, and a lame duck coach looking to save his job.

2019-2020: GASE. Literally nothing else needs to be said…but I’ll mention the force’s marriage of Mac and Gase with more overpriced/over-the-hill free agent signings.

2021: The start of the season sucks yes, but I expected it. Look at our roster + coaching staff. A LOT of first timers. But at least it feels different. Did we look great against Carolina? No, but we were close to winning and Zack looked good for a half. Did we look good against NE? No, but our rookie QB literally threw the game away. Without his horrendous play, the final score probably would have been 16-13, a toss up between either team.

Let’s see how the season goes and ends. Let’s hope for some hope and progress going into 2022. Yeah I know…another wasted season. It was always going to be.

Everyone has a right to be pissed. I’m not the “YOU’RE OVERREACTING!!!” Police, I’m pissed too, just not shocked.

 

Good post.  At least for me, this season doesn't feel any different.  Still losing with an unproven QB who throws INTs.  I was not expecting a winner this season.  But with Saleh, wanted a team more in control.  Am I/we seeing this?  No.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Kev, I can't believe the legions of people that disagree with your point will not shut up and just keep spouting the same things over, and over and over again. Don't you just hate it that they will not just agree with your take, and see everything as clearly as you do. 

You keep fighting the good fight.

it is called intransigence - we learned this last night in a different thread.

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

it's tough to take.  i've been a fan for over 50 years.  but i think the best way to deal with the pain is to just consider the jets are an expansion team that just joined the league two seasons ago.  hopefully douglas and saleh can get the job done.  there have been similar periods of time like in the 70's when walt michaels became coach.  it took running through charley winner and lou holtz before they finally settled on michaels and he did a good job.  and then the jets went through walton then coslet, carrol, and kotite before finally landing parcells..  and they did have the bellichicken but he left.  the bottom line they will come around and start to win.  hopefully it's sooner than later.

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Good post.  At least for me, this season doesn't feel any different.  Still losing with an unproven QB who throws INTs.  I was not expecting a winner this season.  But with Saleh, wanted a team more in control.  Am I/we seeing this?  No.

You’re right about nothing being shown to us that proves “this is different.”

Hopefully we see something like that soon. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
You know...am I to negative? I heard that a few times on here. So I thought to myself, am I? 
Maybe, but maybe here is why. In the last 10 years we are on our 3rd, count em 3rd rebuild. Idzik had one, failed, Mac had one, failed, now JD has one. I mean WHAT COULD GO WRONG?!!! I mean he has a nice bald head and looks like Sal the guy at your local butcher, he obviously is better then the nerdy looking ones!!! 
So as I did with Mac, I questioned some roster moves. I saw us one by one give away playmakers and replace them with one year guys who had a good "value" and guess WHAT, many ended up playing like garbage. We all thought we are smart, CAP SPACE BRO, DRAFT CAPITAL BRO, you know when draft capital matters? WHEN YOU HIT ON YOUR PICKS!! THE 2020 CLASS IS A DISASTER!
OHHHHH but dont worry Kevin, the CAP SPACE!! LOOOK AT IT! We can address the line with it!! Lines still a mess!! A complete and utter mess! Becton will play at best 3-5 games a year, kid cant stay healthy. We start over again on the line.
OHHHH look how smart we are, we didn't pay Robbie!! Robbie is going off getting 54 yard TD bombs on us BUT WE THINK WE ARE SMART. I mean we got Berrios BRO! My goodness, which brings me to the guy who threw the pass. If you were on this forum you think Sam Darnold couldn't throw a pass! WE CELEBRATED THE TRADE!! YAYYYY WE ARE SMART AGAIN. Sam is about to be 3-0 when he beats the Texans with solid stats and fresh off a win BEATING US! BUT WE ARE SMART. SAM STINKS!!!! 
This brings me to our NEW LOOK OFFENSE...OOOOO AHHH. A guy with a famous last name to boot!! WE ARE SMART! WE JUST SCORED 6 POINTS AND GOT OUR DOORS BLOWN OFF 25-6 AT HOME. 
Guys on here trash Rex and other former coaches, BUT I DO ANNYTHING TO be JUST Competitive again, let alone 2 AFC Championship trips. Who knew Rex and Tanny be as good as it gets around here. Heres to another year of getting bombed in the 300s watching awful football. GREAT GUYS!! WE ARE SMART THO!!!! 
IS THIS REBUILDING OR JUST BAD FOOTBALL. Stop with the excuses. I need a cup of coffee. 
Thanks for hearing me out...

I Hear You and you are correct, but… haven’t you heard the 3 rd time is a charm??


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

To actually be good in this league, you need to build/rebuild the right way — through the draft & timely free agents sprinkled in.

The problem is it takes a few years to build it. This isn’t the NBA where 1 draft pick or free signing changes everything.

The biggest problem for us as a fan base is that we’ve been doing half measures since 2021.

There was never a true start-from-scratch with the key players (GM - HC) aligned.

This is that…we are there now. But we suffered for a decade of putrid “football.” So our patience is gone.

Unfortunately though, it is the only real way to build it right. It’s going to take time. The season was always going to go this way, we’re just sick of dealing with it (and for good reason).

The one thing I’ll say is this. 90% of us knew from the 2013 season on that it was all a disaster waiting to happen. There truly was nothing to be hopeful for, long term.

2013-2014: Idzik & Rex. Idzik never should have been a GM and Rex shouldn’t have been forced on any GM.

2015-2016: Mac n Bowles forced marriage + overpriced/over-the-hill veteran signings was doomed from Day 1. Most of us knew that 2015 was fool’s gold, especially after the way it ended.

2017-2018: The Tank. A GM tanking for a high draft pick QB, and a lame duck coach looking to save his job.

2019-2020: GASE. Literally nothing else needs to be said…but I’ll mention the force’s marriage of Mac and Gase with more overpriced/over-the-hill free agent signings.

2021: The start of the season sucks yes, but I expected it. Look at our roster + coaching staff. A LOT of first timers. But at least it feels different. Did we look great against Carolina? No, but we were close to winning and Zack looked good for a half. Did we look good against NE? No, but our rookie QB literally threw the game away. Without his horrendous play, the final score probably would have been 16-13, a toss up between either team.

Let’s see how the season goes and ends. Let’s hope for some hope and progress going into 2022. Yeah I know…another wasted season. It was always going to be.

Everyone has a right to be pissed. I’m not the “YOU’RE OVERREACTING!!!” Police, I’m pissed too, just not shocked.

 

Some good points but where I disagree is how you build a team. I think you can just "build" one not "rebuild" it at times. This is essentially what Tanny did to get us to the AFC Championship twice. It wasnt all young guys that grew up in the Jets, it was a nice healthy mix of FA veteran signings in there as well. I just reject this notion you need to blow it up and be complete garbage for multiple years to be good. We often trash "over the hill" FA's but literally the only enjoyable year watching the Jets in the last decade was 2015 when we went 10-6, barely missing the playoffs. I just think we are to sold to this idea of young talent being the golden ticket. 

Maybe I'm wrong but ya gotta start winning some football games eventually...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...