Per ESPN QBR Zach Wilson did not have the worst game in Jets history

KO91

I have little doubt that the kid is going to be fine. Let’s just see how he responds to the Denver game. He has to learn to take what the Defense is going to give him. He will have more then enough opportunities to take his shots.
With few exceptions many of the really good QBs who were thrown right into the fire didn’t look all that good either.
Anyone thinking this was going to be some kind of 10 win season, we’re grasping at straws. This season Zack is going to take his lumps and gain experience. Next season is going to be the one where we will need to begin to truly judge just what kind of QB he is going to be moving forward.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Sympathy 1

Look he is a young QB that had his team get behind threw a couple early picks (both of which could easily have not been picks) and then pressed and tried to make it all up in a couple plays  and it spiraled. It happens. 

I prefer to look at the fact that our OL improved, our defense is fast and decent, and our running game looked better. 

If Zach does this every week it is a concern, but in the opener he was our best player and in the second he cost us the game. Let's not all commit hari kari until we see how he reacts. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, KO91 said:

Worst games per ESPN:

1) Sam Darnold ghost game 

2) Matt Simms/Geno Smith combined vs Dolphins in December, 2013 

3) Luke Falk @ Eagles 

4) Mark Sanchez @ NE 2009 

Peyton Mannings 2015 game @ KC is their worst of all time. He was 5/20 with 4 picks. 

like what has already been said.  exchange wilson for darnold or wilson for jones and the he'd be the winner against the jets.

3 hours ago, faba said:

sad we have to even compare worst QB performance by a Jet QB ever

The sad part is that we have had so many games to choose from. 

We have actually had 5 games where the starting QB had a rating of 0.0.  In one game in 1976, a 42-3 loss to the Bengals, Namath started, went 4-15 for 20 yards and 4 picks.  He was relieved by Richard Todd who went 3-13 for 23 yards and 2 picks.  Both guys had a 0.0 rating in that game.  Has to be some sort of record for futility.

Go Jets!!!

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Pretty sure QBR considers that.

The Sanchez Buffalo game in 2009 wasn't worse?  I find that hard to believe..

Geno had a number of games that were worse, but I'm not sure he finished any.  His game against Buffalo in 2014 was certainly worse, but they had to pull him since every other pass was an INT

The bold is the first one that immediately sprung to mind.  Regardless of how the stat line may have looked by comparison to those others mentioned, I have never seen another game that one player single-handedly lost entirely on their own like that one.  The Jets completely dominated in every other facet.  If they simply didn't throw a single pass in that entire game, they probably win in a blowout.  It was really an unmatched level of incompetence.

Of course, the fact that we have so many laughably awful games to potentially compare against the most recent disaster is a whole sad state of affairs on its own.

• Upvote 1