PFF: Jets 10th ranked offensive line

Rhg1084

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Offensive line was a mess Week 1.

They were very good and not the problem Week 2.

My honest guess is that the Panthers front 7 >>>> the Pats front 7. But we'll see how they hold up vs. various opponents as the season goes on.

Or what about the game plan they each had? I can’t bring myself to rewatch the Pats game but did they play more coverage and blitz less than the Panthers? I hope it’s that they improved.  

2 minutes ago, Drums said:

Or what about the game plan they each had? I can’t bring myself to rewatch the Pats game but did they play more coverage and blitz less than the Panthers? I hope it’s that they improved.  

I mean, just using the eye test there was loads of penetration and guys losing one on one battles both against the pass and run against the Panthers.

Just wasn't the case against the Pats. They got a few sacks late in the game when we were way behind but early in the game they had very little pressure and we were gashing them in the run game.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, varjet said:

Virtually everyone on this Board was happy with the highlights from Becton’s rookie year and were hoping that with an offseason training and conditioning program and some time to reflect Becton would back stronger and better his second year.

He appears to have left for the off season and lost his marbles and conditioning. 

I’m not willing to crucify him. He looked to be in good shape and playing well when he got rolled up on. I’m looking forward to him coming back healthy and effective. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

They had obvious problems running the ball week 1. By limiting the attempts to 17 rushes in week 1, it also put an artificial lid on showing how bad they were at it.

So there were nearly twice as many rushes in week 2, also for the same obvious reasoning.

They're getting over-ranked here. In reality, they had trouble running the ball in 50% of their games. But because they ran nearly twice as much in week 2, mathematically that gives the appearance that they had trouble more like 35% of the time than 50% of the time.

They ran the ball well in the second week though, but one has to consider that that's exactly what the patriots wanted. 

I'm a bit more worried with the fact that Zach is holding onto the ball a bit too much - heard the other day it was holding on to it for over 3 seconds on average. 

Not sure if the issue here is with the poor scheming resulting in poor  route trees of if it is Zach that is having a hard time adjusting to the speed in the NFL.

2 hours ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

We looked much better this past week, but our run grade is probably so high because we didn’t run at all game 1 so our average after 2 games gets pulled up. Too small a sample size still. 

true enough and the patsies were pretty much in pass defense the whole game.  the run game wasn't great but it was at least good enough so the patsies would have had to pay attention to it if they didn't try so many mid range throws.  still it did look way more cohesive than week one so it's encouraging.