Chris Herndon update

Rhg1084

another good move by JD. 

Lev Bell on the Ravens PS..

Leo has a good year last year but in MIA now. and the Giants are stuck with a 63 mil contract for 1 good year.

Adams is good but 73 mil for a safety . not worth it.

Robbie is another one who had a great year last year but has 4 catches in 2 games. not living up to his 29.5 mil for 2 year contract.

and then its Sam. TBD. dont drink the kool aid yet. we will see how he fairs against the better teams. 

JD has a great track record it looks like to me.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

Fwiw, Robby Anderson scored the touchdown that beat the Jets.  If he does not score then the Jets are 1-1 and everyone feels a lot better than a likely 0-3.

The key to being a GM is figuring out who to overpay, because you do have to overpay.  You can’t hoard the cap.  Robby was paid and is still trying.  

• Upvote 2

Jet Nation logic ... got to love it

I sell someone a bag of burst footballs for $1000. I then spend that $1000 on lottery tickets. I don't win anything. Therefore the guy who paid me $1000 for a bug of burst footballs didn't get fleeced.

?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 4
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Douglas absolutely fleeces these teams in trades, never seen anything like it 

Big deal. Who the Hell has he picked outside of the first round that you really feel good about. I recall when we drafted Moore, someone said he will change the way defenses play us just by stepping on the field. How has that worked out?

9 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Big deal. Who the Hell has he picked outside of the first round that you really feel good about. I recall when we drafted Moore, someone said he will change the way defenses play us just by stepping on the field. How has that worked out?

Maybe it isn't the guy who drafted him, it's the OC who is trying to make a WR out of him instead of using him in the slot like they should. Perfect time to do that since Crowder hasn't seen the field the first 2, now possibly more games..

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, varjet said:

Can anyone on this board identify what Gase and Maccagnan are doing and where?  Is there some type of witness protection program?

Wikipedia refers to both of them using the term "former" in relation to their employment.

12 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

How many times did we read from some that Herndon was just misused?   Coaches were the issue?  Was a real talent at TE?  Would absolutely take the NFL by storm if he was just in the right system? 

Sometimes, what we see is exactly what we see.  

"He just needs time" :-)  

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

well give it more than 2 games and we will see.

i think the Carters have played well. i like how RB Carter kept getting to the 2nd level on Sunday. he avg 4.4 ypc. Echols is doing well too. 

idk guys maybe it was cause he couldnt see the 2020 draft class in person or whatever, after 2 games you got a good feeling about 2021 Draft class.

• Upvote 4