I like our chances vs DEN, not just errant hope, but match up wise

Paradis

6 minutes ago, Hael said:

Denver has a sneaky good young team with a lot of  talent.  Their skill positions are way better than ours (even without Jeudy).  But i'm not convinced by their Oline, and I think our front can cause problems for them.

On defense they have a good secondary, but a mediocre front (except for Von Miller) who is going to have to be doubled on basically every play, b/c none of our guys has a prayer of blocking him 1-1.  If Denver gets a lead, and we are forced to pass, this is blowout central.  However if we can keep it close with a good, grind it out run game then we have a small chance.

Zach will need to be a game manager, or frankly he should simply be benched.  This isnt the game where you want to throw for big chunk plays.  You want to gas their D with controlled aggression.

Why isn’t this part of the weekly plan?

• Haha 1

Vic Fangio and Ed Donatell are a huge mismatch for our HC and OC right now.  Zach is way more talented than TB but TB is still a very solid pro QB.  better than what we faced last week.  They also have playmakers at RB and TE.  The Jets D will be under more pressure this week than they were against the Pats.

Tough place to play although it might be good for Zach who used to the altitude and probably has a decent fan base in Denver.  

I think Denver is better than either NE or Carolina.  Tough road game.  I would be surprised if this is close.  

• Upvote 3

Yeah, no.  Disagree.  This is a nightmare scenario. The Broncos have started 0-3 and 0-4 in the Fangio era.  They're 2-0 and hosting their first home game vs. the worst team in Football.  That place is going to be going bonkers licking their chops at the chance at 3-0.  

Fangio is one of the best in the biz at week to week game planning.  He is currently watching tape of BB playing coverage and Wilson throwing picks up left and right with no pressure and laughing.  They run a lot of zone coverages with man disguised, they arguably have better LB'ers and secondary than the Patriots.  If Zach was confused at home vs. the Patriots, oh boy, this could be a disaster in the making.

I'm not worried about their offense.  I dont think they are special by any means, they have some nice weapons Sutton, Hamler, Fant, Gordon, Williams but Jeudy is injured and Teddy is just a game manager.  That said, you cant beat'em when you cant score. 

27-0 but 1 of those TD's are on Defense, so the young D continues to play well but the offense continues to be atrocious.  Wilson has another multiple turnover day. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1

With the vaunted passing attack trio of berrios, smith and cole, we’re not beating denver.  They’re going to do what NE did, take away davis and force wilson to either throw it to davis when he’s covered (we’ve seen that movie) or make the other guys beat them.  It’s going to be a boring dink fest with TB on one side and wilson being reigned in on the other.  Play carter and moore in fantasy PPR.

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

Yeah, no.  Disagree.  This a nightmare scenario. The Broncos have started 0-3 and 0-4 in the Fangio era.  They're 2-0 and hosting their first home game vs. the worst team in Football.  That place is going to be going  bonkers licking their chops at the chance at 3-0.  

Fangio is one of the best in the biz at week to week game planning.  He is currently watching tape of BB playing coverage and Wilson throwing picks up left and right with no pressure and laughing.  They run a lot of zone coverages with man disguised, they arguably have better LB'ers and secondary than the Patriots.  If Zach was confused at home vs. the Patriots, oh boy, this could be a disaster in the making.

I'm not worried about their offense.  I dont think they are special by any means, they have some nice weapons Sutton, Hamler, Fant, Gordon, Williams but Jeudy is injured and Teddy is just a game manager.  That said, you cant beat'em when you cant score. 

27-0 but 1 of those TD's are on Defense, so the young D continues to play well but the offense continues to be atrocious.  Wilson has another multiple turnover day. 

I'm right there with you on this one. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

All this positivity is annoying lol

You guys give Vic Fangio way too much credit, he sucks as a head coach and wont even have his job next year. They have a better roster but not by as much as you all give them credit for because Elway sucks as a GM and would have been fired years ago if he was not a Bronco legend. 

We might lose but this will NOT be a blowout.....

Geez....have some b@lls willya?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Yeah, no.  Disagree.  This is a nightmare scenario. The Broncos have started 0-3 and 0-4 in the Fangio era.  They're 2-0 and hosting their first home game vs. the worst team in Football.  That place is going to be going bonkers licking their chops at the chance at 3-0.  

After watching some of last weeks game again I honestly can’t imagine anything but last week happening again. Until it doesn’t happen? I just can’t help but think it will. So, I’m not expecting anymore than the same. It’s good actually good for  me. Because it’s the hope that gets to me. One or two more games like last week and I’ll be yelling “ four” on Sunday’s. I just noticed I have 6 driving ranges within 5 miles of my house. Not too shabby! 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

Some of you overate the talent on DEN. 

lets see they are better at almost every offensive postion

Teddy B vs Wislon- in the now moment Teddy B is a much better QB with lots of experience( Wilson has better upside long term though or I hope he does)

RBs-Gordon +Williams way better than what we got

WRS even with their top dog down they still are better 

Tight end-not even remotely close Fant is a very good tight end-we have trash and smelly trash at that 

their defense is better as is their special  teams

Denver is not even a good team but pretty much across the board they are better than us

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

18 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Some of you overate the talent on DEN. 

Huh?   They're loaded.  I'd argue top 10 roster talent wise in the NFL. 

Their offense is stacked from OL to the weaponz - Jeudy is out hurt but Sutton, Hamler, Patrick, Fant w/ a 1-2 punch of Williams and Gordon...their offense is legit.  Give that offense to an elite QB and they're breaking records. 

Chubb and Jewell being out helps but still Miller, Alexander, Strnad is very solid and they arguably have the most talent secondary in the NFL, Fuller, Roby, Darby, Callahan, Surtain, Jackson, Simmons?  That's ridiculous, dude. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Did you watch the game? The 1st pick there was a LB running free straight at him. Not making excuses for the pick but lets have some facts. Even the 12 yr old saw that.

Courtland Sutton is  very very good and if our dline does not get pressure he will have a huge game.

We need to have someone on offense actually have a great game.

In the end it will be like many games turnovers and penalties.  Since the NFL refs now game manage like NHL refs rather than just call the game I see us getting f'cked by the ref because Denver is supposed to win at home.

The problem is that the Jets themselves are just so unpredictable. Rookies everywhere with unknown/undefined potential. 
I expect 0-3. 

How are we unpredictable? In fact I’d argue we are and have been the most predictable team in the league. We’re going to lose. Something embarrassing will happen to us in the game. We will break another random record of futility. We will lose by double digits. I don’t even have to call this a prediction. The word prediction indicates that there are other possibilities. There are no other possibilities here, exactly what I listed is exactly what’s going to happen. Book it.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Post of the Week 1

33 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

After watching some of last weeks game again I honestly can’t imagine anything but last week happening again. Until it doesn’t happen? I just can’t help but think it will. So, I’m not expecting anymore than the same. It’s good actually good for  me. Because it’s the hope that gets to me. One or two more games like last week and I’ll be yelling “ four” on Sunday’s. I just noticed I have 6 driving ranges within 5 miles of my house. Not too shabby! 

I dont imagine it happening every game but I definitely see a repeat of last Sunday coming up this Sunday strictly because I know Fangio is going to make life hell for Wilson.  They have LB'ers who can cover and blitz and again, arguably the best secondary in the NFL.  The Jets WR's are terrible, nobody is going to be open, so the only hope is the running game again and yay, that's exciting! 

• Upvote 2

Jets are winning this game because:

- Denver is missing Chubb and Jeudy who are game changers.

- Broncos will take the Jets lightly thinking all they have to is show up for a W. 

- Teddy Bridgewater is JAG

- Jets will win the turnover battle this time and those points of turnovers will be the difference.

Take that chicken littles!

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

Jets are winning this game because:
- Denver is missing Chubb and Jeudy who are game changers.
- Broncos will take the Jets lightly thinking all they have to is show up for a W. 
- Teddy Bridgewater is JAG
- Jets will win the turnover battle this time and those points of turnovers will be the difference.

Take that chicken littles!

-Denver can sit half their starting team and still be better at just about every position.
-Denver can take us lightly and still beat us by double digits
-Teddy is a JAG, Zach is an unmitigated disaster
-Zach will throw at least 2 picks. We won’t win a turnover battle all season (and this will probably set another of the long list all time records of futility we’ve been setting)

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2