Jets stash Redwine back in the cellar, hope he improves with age

mrcoops

On 9/23/2021 at 10:53 AM, mrcoops said:

Looks like we will be playing musical Safeties on the roster all year long.

Now that is a fine thread title.  Given team depth at safety, I expect the Jets to continue sorting the cut pile. 

The bad news is that we lose our #2 waiver claim status after game three.  The good news is we will soon be 0-3 and will have #1 priority. 

On 9/23/2021 at 11:12 AM, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

I hope Redwine isn’t bitter about the situation and given how thin we’ve been at safety I hope he isn’t made of glass.

I am sure the Jets made it clear that it was the opportunity of his career but it was filled with banana peels.  I doubt he will be upset since we brought him back quickly.  Too soon to judge since he was thrown to the wolves.  Unlike Colbert and Wilson, Redwine is a youngster.  But they can help us now.    

On 9/23/2021 at 12:21 PM, Larz said:

I thought all you had to do to improve players is invest reps in them ?  Weird 

Ah, close but not quite @Larz.  

First the player has to survive the experience without getting their clothes ripped off.  The NFL smells a weak link like a shark smells blood.   If they are so putrid that you cannot hide them then you are dealing with busthood.

Second, a few snaps is not enough.  Half a season as a starting player does the trick. 

It turns a edge roster player into mediocre starter every time.  A mediocre starter means depth and every team needs to field some of them.   

On 9/23/2021 at 3:30 PM, Bungaman said:

It was positively Henry Hertzian.

Bravo.  I like this thread.