Michael Carter I & II already showing some promise

49 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Great video.

Yes, ZW has been shaky. Elijah Moore hasn't done much.  Buuuut, this class could be foundational.

I’m not too worried about Elijah Moore as long as LaFleur designs plays to his strengths. Also, AVT looked really good in the run game last week.

I am more concerned about ZW. I still see a lot of potential in him. I’m concerned that ZWs footwork has really digressed. I know his footwork wasn’t perfect in college; it just seems he’s throwing off the back foot even more and not planting his feet right more often. It’s not something he can’t clean up and I am still optimistic about him.

LaFleur does need to call more conservative plays that doesn’t take as much time to help ZW develop.

2 hours ago, All Gas, No Gase said:

Maybe the 2021 draft class will turn out special.

Maybe on Sunday vs the Pats Carter 1 Showed some promise but lets wait until a team actually makes an attempt to stop the run before we have any special predictions on him. One thing I will say I did see Improvement in was that he was hitting the holes much harder and not dancing around as much. I'm fine with the dancing if you are trying to beat someone one on one but when you have 3 guys about to tackle you you pick a spot and lay it on them hard.

3 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Maybe on Sunday vs the Pats Carter 1 Showed some promise but lets wait until a team actually makes an attempt to stop the run before we have any special predictions on him. One thing I will say I did see Improvement in was that he was hitting the holes much harder and not dancing around as much. I'm fine with the dancing if you are trying to beat someone one on one but when you have 3 guys about to tackle you you pick a spot and lay it on them hard.

RB Carter seemed to be breaking tackles pretty well this past week and that is impressive against a BB led D since he always has his guys tackle well.

CB Carter seems to always cover pretty well. Hopefully he and the other young CBs will start getting some INTs.

The theme of this aspect of drafting is to draft players with the same last name and they both end up doing well. And, if you believe that you'll believe anything.

Guys like the Carters (mid-round picks) who become successful either on their own right or because of the scheme is how this team gets back to respectability. After years of bad drafting, there is no "middle class" on this team. Not superstars, but role players that make a scheme work better or support the talent around them. And they're super easy to root for. Let's hope they keep moving in the right direction. 

4 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

RB Carter seemed to be breaking tackles pretty well this past week and that is impressive against a BB led D since he always has his guys tackle well.

CB Carter seems to always cover pretty well. Hopefully he and the other young CBs will start getting some INTs.

The theme of this aspect of drafting is to draft players with the same last name and they both end up doing well. And, if you believe that you'll believe anything.

very impressed with our young secondary

12 hours ago, All Gas, No Gase said:

I’m not too worried about Elijah Moore as long as LaFleur designs plays to his strengths. Also, AVT looked really good in the run game last week.

I am more concerned about ZW. I still see a lot of potential in him. I’m concerned that ZWs footwork has really digressed. I know his footwork wasn’t perfect in college; it just seems he’s throwing off the back foot even more and not planting his feet right more often. It’s not something he can’t clean up and I am still optimistic about him.

LaFleur does need to call more conservative plays that doesn’t take as much time to help ZW develop.

It was silly seeing him run on the outside a foot shorter that the defender...was he supposed to jump over him?

Love to see mims on some of those routes