Lafleur: Mims had another “great” practice

Rhg1084

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

When your WR corps is below average and you have a player like Mims on the bench fans are intrigued as to why he isn't contributing to making the WR position better on this team and helping a rookie QB succeed. 

The WR corps are not below average, but if you want to use that logic, why use a below average WR like Mims anyway? He sucked last year. He can't beat out Cole and Jeff Smith. Putting bad wide receivers on the field is a bad idea. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Scotty Wooty Doo Doo said:

Has Mims caught EVERY ball thrown his way?  Did i miss something ? I swear this guy must be the best WR ever drafted, when i read this board .

Nothing to do with that. We got a young QB struggling trying to throw the ball to the same guy over and over again. Mims traits of being a big physical receiver who go’s after contested balls could erase some of Zach’s sins. This isn’t about Mims for me. It’s about Zach and our struggling offense, If our receivers were getting open and are catching the ball? I would literally not mention anything about Mims. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Crush, I feel bad for you and others putting your trust in Mims.   You're going to get hosed for your support.  The guy will eventually be unmasked as a bum.

I’m not putting my trust in Mims homeboy. I’m putting my distrust in the rest of our receivers. I’ve been clear about that. If our receivers start supporting Zach by getting open and catching balls? F Mims. Don’t care. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, The Crusher said:

I’m not putting my trust in Mims homeboy. I’m putting my distrust in the rest of our receivers. I’ve been clear about that. If our receivers start supporting Zach by getting open and catching balls? F Mims. Don’t care. 

When it comes to this Mims soap opera, all I keep thinking is that no f*cking way Saleh is going to let La Petite LaFleur sit a guy who can contribute and help the team win.   I won't buy that concept for a second.  He's too good a coach for that and would not sh*tcan the team.

In my heart, I truly believe the other receivers have out played Mims.  Period.  Even Mims not knowing the playbook, routes or lack of effort don't resonate true with me.

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

When it comes to this Mims soap opera, all I keep thinking is that no f*cking way Saleh is going to let La Petite LaFleur sit a guy who can contribute and help the team win.   I won't buy that concept for a second.  He's too good a coach for that and would not sh*tcan the team.

In my heart, I truly believe the other receivers have out played Mims.  Period.  Even Mims not knowing the playbook, routes or lack of effort don't resonate true with me.

Outplayed them in practice? Because in both games they looked lacking. Especially the first game, Zach was doing his best and they dropped momentum catches over and over again. Second game? Zach was so bad, hard to say what it what. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

The WR corps are not below average, but if you want to use that logic, why use a below average WR like Mims anyway? He sucked last year. He can't beat out Cole and Jeff Smith. Putting bad wide receivers on the field is a bad idea. 

They aren't?  You must be a fan of JAG's. 

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Outplayed them in practice? Because in both games they looked lacking. Especially the first game, Zach was doing his best and they dropped momentum catches over and over again. Second game? Zach was so bad, hard to say what it what. 

It's gotta be what they see in practice.  Mims must be a complete clown show for them to not at least give him a couple reps during a game.  Or there is some other bizarre reason like a penchant for vivisection.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

It's gotta be what they see in practice.  Mims must be a complete clown show for them to not at least give him a couple reps during a game.  Or there is some other bizarre reason like a penchant for vivisection.

The fact that people are taking the side of a guy whos clearly not bright or lazy which is probably why he dropped a round in the draft over the new coaching staff is mental.

• Upvote 1

Just now, undertow said:

The fact that people are taking the side of a guy whos clearly not bright or lazy which is probably why he dropped a round in the draft over the new coaching staff is mental.

No matter what happens going forward, the blood lust Mims has engendered from Jet fans goes in the record books.  

• Sympathy 2

2 minutes ago, undertow said:

I don't think people would care if the offense was humming along with the guys they are choosing to start instead. Some feel like a lazy  Mims couldn't be worse than what Cole and Jeff Smith were last week.

Regardless, it's not a great look for our GM that  he took a WR in the 2nd round (who is "clearly not bright or lazy"). Fans have a right to be upset in how this Mims situation is playing out, one way or the other. 

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I don't think people would care if the offense was humming along with the guys they are choosing to start instead. Some feel like a lazy  Mims couldn't be worse than what Cole and Jeff Smith were last week.

Regardless, it's not a great look for our GM that  he took a WR in the 2nd round (who is "clearly not bright or lazy"). Fans have a right to be upset in how this Mims situation is playing out, one way or the other. 

I don't disagree it's a bad look for JD it's also a bad look for people who called the move genius for 2 years which I'm guessing plays a role here.  I also don't think throwing lazy players out on the field is the way you build a successful organization long term but that's just me.  

38 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Nothing to do with that. We got a young QB struggling trying to throw the ball to the same guy over and over again. Mims traits of being a big physical receiver who go’s after contested balls could erase some of Zach’s sins. This isn’t about Mims for me. It’s about Zach and our struggling offense, If our receivers were getting open and are catching the ball? I would literally not mention anything about Mims. 

Good points! If our receivers were ripping it up we would not be concerned with Mims being inactive. I don't see Jeff Smith or Keelan Cole doing anything. When in the game Mims makes plays. We've seen it time and time again. Its also the 6'3" and a ton of speed factor. Mims demands attention. With Mims and Davis on the field most likely Davis gets the oppositions best corner on him leaving their 2nd or 3rd best corner on Mims. It should also open the field a bit for Moore with Mims and Davis both on the field. Maybe the coaches are doing this to get the best out of Mims - trying to light a fire under his ass. Thats fine but if he starts having great practices I wanna see him come game day. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, doitny said:

remember what Saleh said the other day. Mims might play well in practice but he doesnt think that the guys ahead of him will give him there spot. 

so what you should ask LeFleur is how good was Berrios and Coles practice?

it doesn't matter if Mims is driving a car at 100 mph if Berrios and Cole are also driving at 100mph and they left before Mims. Mims will never catch them unless one lets up on the gas. 

and we know how Saleh feel about hitting the brakes.. lol

I heard Berrios knows 9 positions.