Lafleur: Mims had another “great” practice

Rhg1084

2 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Why?  Did you have them winning more then 4 maybe 5 games?  I certainly did not.  They’re the worst team in Football. 

It's not about how many games I, or anyone else, had them winning.  No matter a young QB or first time HC, it is about folks not being able to stomach that many loses.  Watch, you'll see if we get to that point.

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

It's not about how many games I, or anyone else, had them winning.  No matter a young QB or first time HC, it is about folks not being able to stomach that many loses.  Watch, you'll see if we get to that point.

I mean, but like, we are 100% going to lose 12 games.  

4 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

At least.  But for most fans, it becomes torture watching it every week no matter the excuses of a "new regime".  You start getting pissed going to the stadium or catching it on TV and seeing another loss.   I grates on one's psyche.

1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

The Jets are going to get brutally beaten to sh*t from a physical standpoint the next two weeks and Saleh is going to have to start explaining why his team isn’t at least putting up a fight on the field. It’s ok to lose during a rebuilding year. It’s not ok to get pushed around, especially when the head coach’s whole brand revolves around being a tough guy. If Damien Harris is going to pork every player on the Jets defense, just imagine what the Melvin Gordon and Derrick Henry will do to them.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Jets are going to get brutally beaten to sh*t from a physical standpoint the next two weeks and Saleh is going to have to start explaining why his team isn’t at least putting up a fight on the field. It’s ok to lose during a rebuilding year. It’s not ok to get pushed around, especially when the head coach’s whole brand revolves around being a tough guy. If Damien Harris is going to pork every player on the Jets defense, just imagine what the Melvin Gordon and Derrick Henry will do to them.

FRSPLANE.jpg

SAR I

57 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

If this team puts up 10, 11, 12 losses?  Saleh, JD and Wilson are going to get absolutely torched.  It's part of the gig.  Win and everything is roses.

There is almost no scenario is which this team will lose less than 12 games.

That should have always been expected....This was all part of JD's long term plan.

Now, JD, Saleh and the Johnson's are all aware of this - so sure, the fan base will be angry but it won't change anything.

Now, JD's picks and FA's need to show something - otherwise he will be gone after next year.  But nothing that happens this year is going to affect anyth8ing - other than fans and sports media continuing to mock the franchise. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, FidelioJet said:

There is almost no scenario is which this team will lose less than 12 games.

That should have always been expected....This was all part of JD's long term plan.

Now, JD, Saleh and the Johnson's are all aware of this - so sure, the fan base will be angry but it won't change anything.

Now, JD's picks and FA's need to show something - otherwise he will be gone after next year.  But nothing that happens this year is going to affect anyth8ing - other than fans and sports media continuing to mock the franchise. 

Yeah, all I'm saying is that the fun bunch will hear it from fans.   They can spin it all they like.  

Here's what they want fans to hear: "Hey, everybody's new, so losing is fine.  Just give us more time."  Problem for them is Jet fans are weary from being down this road for so long.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

Yeah, all I'm saying is that the fun bunch will hear it from fans.   They can spin it all they like.  

Here's what they want fans to hear: "Hey, everybody's new, so losing is fine.  Just give us more time."  Problem for them is Jet fans are weary from being down this road for so long.

Yes, I agree.  

Specifically the heat will come down on JD really hard.  JD got two free years that time will end with a 4 win season.

ZW will likely get more leeway (but depending on how bad he was.  If he looks like week 1 and we lost 12 games he'll be fine, if he looks like week 2 then he will get roasted)

Saleh - like Zach.  Even we win 5 game but they are 5 out of the last 7 or something - Saleh will be praised.

But I don't see, under any scenario, this team winning more than 5 games - and, to your point, no matter what - JD will be getting beat up.

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No its not.  Ownership is behind this total rebuild.  

Some fans after saying they were are doing their usual dance after two loses

Did you actually read my post? or simply looking to argue?

specifically this part:

"That should have always been expected....This was all part of JD's long term plan.

Now, JD, Saleh and the Johnson's are all aware of this - so sure, the fan base will be angry but it won't change anything."

On 9/23/2021 at 11:56 AM, kmnj said:

as iverson said we talking practice  we talking practice....

team sucks mims may or may not suck too but let him play what is the harm-I mean we have a jaq like berrios leading the team in targets 

Im pretty sure Lafleur plays fantasy football and somehow missed out on all receivers and figured "f..k it".

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Did you actually read my post? or simply looking to argue?

You said, twice in the same post, that you think the heat will come down on JD.

No?

And grow up, you know what I was saying, I quoted the statement, so why would that be looking for an argument?  Either I was disagreeing or got it wrong, neither out of place

Tell me where I need a re read, because I still see two times you claiming the heat will come down on JD

11 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes, I agree.  

Specifically the heat will come down on JD really hard.  JD got two free years that time will end with a 4 win season.

ZW will likely get more leeway (but depending on how bad he was.  If he looks like week 1 and we lost 12 games he'll be fine, if he looks like week 2 then he will get roasted)

Saleh - like Zach.  Even we win 5 game but they are 5 out of the last 7 or something - Saleh will be praised.

But I don't see, under any scenario, this team winning more than 5 games - and, to your point, no matter what - JD will be getting beat up.

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You said, twice in the same post, that you think the heat will come down on JD.

No?

And grow up, you know what I was saying, I quoted the statement, so why would that be looking for an argument?  Either I was disagreeing or got it wrong, neither out of place

Tell me where I need a re read, because I still see two times you claiming the heat will come down on JD

My point was ownership is on board and understood the team was going to be bad this year and that JD isn't going anywhere next year....

But the fan base, that's given him a two year free pass, won't anymore.  The heat from the fan base and media will be strong.

The point I was making in my recent post to you was I think we agree here - yet you found the need to attack me.

Honestly, I'm bored this morning, stuck at home with my little one - so I'm happy to argue :-)

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

My point was ownership is on board and understood the team was going to be bad this year and that JD isn't going anywhere next year....

But the fan base, that's given him a two year free pass, won't anymore.  The heat from the fan base and media will be strong.

The point I was making in my recent post to you was I think we agree here - yet you found the need to attack me.

Honestly, I'm bored this morning, stuck at home with my little one - so I'm happy to argue :-)

Ok, I can get bored too, lol.  But seriously, the post reads a whole lot differently.  I thought I was ragging you over nothing but couldn't find it ?

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, kmnj said:

mims going to be inactive -way to go Joe your entire first draft sucks 

to the coaches-you guys are just as bad for not being able to get a high pick on the field in his second year 

if the problem is mims it is 1000% on Joe as well

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports "it sounds like" WR Denzel Mims will be inactive for Week 3 against the Broncos.

Mims, who was inactive last week, looks headed for another healthy scratch. The Jets don't view Mims as one of their top three wideouts and his lack of special teams value has kept him off the gameday roster. Garafolo notes the Jets "still believe in Mims" and have turned down recent trade offers. The Jets will continue to go with Keelan Cole, Braxton Berrios, and Jeff Smith as their sub-package wideouts if Mims remains inactive this week.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, JiFapono said:

I could find this all acceptable if Braxton Berrios wasnt receiving 27% of the targets and guys like Cole and Smith are dressing but literally providing zero value and Moore who leads the WR core in snaps, is useless.  Conceptually, the route designs are awful and when you watch how they're actually running the routes, it comical, they're all bad.  Nobody runs crisp routes, including Davis.  The spacing and leveling is terrible which is leading to Zach throwing to blanketed WR's and the one thing Mims has proven he's really good at is catching contested balls in 1 on 1 situations.

If the bold is the plan, I get it and that would explain why Mims is still on the roster but then why is Cole not a part of the offense? 

Everything you said is 100% true. If Saleh/LeFleur knew this would be the outcome 4 months ago, they probably would have done things much different, starting with FA. But after watching Mims throughout 2020, JD felt the need to bring in another #2 (Keenan). In hindsight he probably would have just cut Crowder, not signed Coles, and just let Mims learn on the fly along side Moore and ZW. I almost wish this is what he had done.

6 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

We may never know whether moore ran the wrong route or if wilson threw the wrong pass.  But, we do know that saleh will not say anything bad about moore if he did run the wrong route.  

Yeah we'll never know. But Saleh and LeFleur know. And ZW seems pretty good at the podium and would never hang his WR out to dry, although Zach DID elude to 'that something on the sidelines' INT. We've read in other Mims threads that all our routes change after the snap depending on coverages, etc. Moore may have read one thing, while Z read something else. That's the problem with these super sophisticated route patterns....we'll probably never know who screwed up.

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Exactly, you dont play player because of draft position over production and work ethic.  

The thing is that Mims has proven to be productive when he plays.  Look I agree that work ethic and having a great attitude is very important.  I don’t think Mims is a diva at least it doesn’t sound like it anyway.  Jamal Adams was a cancer despite his talent so I was all for shipping his ass out especially after getting two firsts for him. But I don’t think Mims is the same case. I think Mims would be a big help to Wilson too who is our top priority is his development 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

The thing is that Mims has proven to be productive when he plays.  Look I agree that work ethic and having a great attitude is very important.  I don’t think Mims is a diva at least it doesn’t sound like it anyway.  Jamal Adams was a cancer despite his talent so I was all for shipping his ass out especially after getting two firsts for him. But I don’t think Mims is the same case. I think Mims would be a big help to Wilson too who is our top priority is his development 

It actually sounds like he is a diva who thought when he was drafted in the 2nd he had the NFL made. Precisely what a diva is.  

• Upvote 1