Saleh at Ease Like Jets Are 2-0 - He & JD Ain't Going Anywhere Soon

McNeil

15 minutes ago, McNeil said:

Echoing a recent thread (and sure much of it is Saleh's Zen demeanor):

But Saleh's presser yesterday - he looks like the Jets are the cat's meow. Not 0-2 with arguably the NFL's worst offense. Joking with the media, patiently explaining, cheerful & smiling.

Ya just get the sense the Johnsons have intimated to him: build this program in your own image, we believe in you and we’re going to be patient. And I think JD is in the same boat. Johnsons want to see them together mold a program and see where it’s at in 1-2-3 years.

So considering donning patience hats, folks. For better or worse it seems that's where the Jets are headed.

yeah absoluetly and he is a good coach and adult. He knows he is doing a good job and the team is making improvments all over, since Joe got here really. It will take some time to show it on the field but we are already seeing the lockeroom change and roster change. 

I also think they know they have something in zach. It was game two. Perspective is King and I think everyoene is happy that we are on the right track. It may not be Aron Rogers game two wins, BUT trevor lawrence has just as many INTs...we dont have to over react to a rookie qb not winning games.

• Upvote 3

We're the youngest team in the league, starting multiple rookies on both sides of the ball, have a first year coaching staff and one of the least talented rosters in the league.

Granted, we're all right to be frustrated after week one where nobody on the offensive line did their job and week two where our quarterback throws four interceptions.

But at some point expectations should match reality, and I think the coaching staff and the front office know this is a 'redshirt' year.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, All Gas, No Gase said:

Other than ZW, the team showed a lot of improvement in one week, and the defense has played better than anyone expected. As long as everyone continues to improve including LaFleur and ZW, there is a lot to be excited about. 

I dont think this is fair, I think Zach looked good playing, sure he made some bad throws but he was out there ballin. Slinging it, I like that. 

I wish we has some back and some drops didnt happen but I also like that is out there throwing it. I really wouldnt be excite dto get a MAcc Jones PAT win where the qb doesnt really do anything other than make safe throws. I am fully confident that zach wilson can make check down throws. I want him to learn out to push the ball downfield.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, McNeil said:

But Saleh's presser yesterday - he looks like the Jets are the cat's meow. Not 0-2 with arguably the NFL's worst offense. Joking with the media, patiently explaining, cheerful & smiling.

Ya just get the sense the Johnsons have intimated to him: build this program in your own image, we believe in you and we’re going to be patient. And I think JD is in the same boat. Johnsons want to see them together mold a program and see where it’s at in 1-2-3 years.

So considering donning patience hats, folks. For better or worse it seems that's where the Jets are headed.

I am  not thrilled with our start, but what else do you expect? You think any NFL owner would threaten to fire a HC after 2 games??? 

Just now, RedBeardedSavage said:

We're the youngest team in the league, starting multiple rookies on both sides of the ball, have a first year coaching staff and one of the least talented rosters in the league.

Granted, we're all right to be frustrated after week one where nobody on the offensive line did their job and week two where our quarterback throws four interceptions.

But at some point expectations should match reality, and I think the coaching staff and the front office know this is a 'redshirt' year.

DOnt you also get the impression that they feel like they are going to start winning game sooner rather than later?

I do . I think they have a plan and structure and thier best estimates are seeing what they expected at this points. It might not be good, but maybe they expect to be at point A in game 1 at Point B in game two so on and so on. so game 5 or wahtever they will expect to be compettitive on all 3 phases of the game and if any wins come from now till then that is bonus, but the team need to learn to play the game the way the coaching staff envisions. And the line certianally seems to have got to that point in game two. Zach maybe not so much but he will get there.

I dont know it feels good to be a jet fan!

1 minute ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I dont think this is fair, I think Zach looked good playing, sure he made some bad throws but he was out there ballin. Slinging it, I like that. 

I wish we has some back and some drops didnt happen but I also like that is out there throwing it. I really wouldnt be excite dto get a MAcc Jones PAT win where the qb doesnt really do anything other than make safe throws. I am fully confident that zach wilson can make check down throws. I want him to learn out to push the ball downfield.

I’m not trying to be too critical of ZW. I do think he played worse in the second game though. IMO the 1st int was him trying to make a wow through to impress the crowd from a poor play call. The 3rd int seemed to be a timing issue as he threw too late, both nothing that can’t be corrected. He also needs to learn when to push the ball downfield and when to go to his check down.

I believe he will learn from his mistakes quickly and bounce back.

I’m actually optimistic about the Jet’s future as some of the rookies are showing promise after just two games especially on defense. 

31 minutes ago, McNeil said:

That is exactly the type of coach this franchise needs. Gase didn’t even make it through his introductory  press conference without having a nervous breakdown. 
Suspect thread OP.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I remember when Adam Gase inherited an exponentially worse roster from a guy who was arguably the worst GM in the history of modern athletics and you people screamed bloody murder until he was fired. But ok.

Adam Gase is one of the worst coaches in NFL history. What is your point and why do you continue to defend him?

Embarrassed Shame GIF

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, All Gas, No Gase said:

I’m not trying to be too critical of ZW. I do think he played worse in the second game though. IMO the 1st int was him trying to make a wow through to impress the crowd from a poor play call. The 3rd int seemed to be a timing issue as he threw too late, both nothing that can’t be corrected. He also needs to learn when to push the ball downfield and when to go to his check down.

I believe he will learn from his mistakes quickly and bounce back.

I’m actually optimistic about the Jet’s future as some of the rookies are showing promise after just two games especially on defense. 

yeah i look at those plays and you see the check down guy open, you could tell he was trying to force it or thought he was good but yeah Im with you I think.

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I remember when Adam Gase inherited an exponentially worse roster from a guy who was arguably the worst GM in the history of modern athletics and you people screamed bloody murder until he was fired. But ok.

Yeah, in his second season as he was leading the team to an 0-13 start. Not after two games. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, McNeil said:

Thats good becuase its football. Not 3 on 3 basketball league.  Any winning team takes times to come together. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

The team he inherited was not good, but there was some talent there - he had Darnold who is the second coming I hear.. :-)

As for Gase:

1. the eyes thing at his first press conference didn't help his cause

2. he never adjusted and made stupid in game decisions - last year the team was lost and the guy still wouldn't go for it on 4th down - remember

3. he wouldn't play a rookie if there was a vet on the bench - even if the bench was in the ICU

4. he didn't seem to have a game plan or any plan

5. the team did get worse from one season to the next; and his players quit on him.

6. I hated the fire from day one and didn't like the organization structure.

7. He blamed everyone but himself for loosing (of course there was plenty of blame to go around)

8. He didn't seem to be on the same page as the GM even though he kind of picked him.

If Selah fails to get better (not necessarily wins) by the second half of the season, I am sure you will see many of us be less patient :-)

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, McNeil said:

Would it be better if after his first 2 games as a head coach with a rookie QB he be worried about his job?

He should get pissed for lack of effort, if it's there.   But he should act confident and relaxed, if looks like he is getting tight after 2 games, the team will start to get tight.

1 hour ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

We've missed the playoffs for 10 years and prices sure as sh*t aren't going down. The Jets get no more excuses. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

We had a sample size on Adam Gase. We knew that hire was DOA when it was made.

Similar to how Dolphins fans knew Mike Tannenbaum was an awful hire and Bills fans knew Rex was an awful hire, you can't watching someone f*ck up and fail in your own division and then hire them. It's crazy. Tanny and Rex actually had some semblance of success to point to as well.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

2 hours ago, McNeil said:

This has been pretty clear to anyone who was paying attention.

JD got a six year contract. He was put in charge of making the HC hire and the organizational hierarchy. He and Saleh are in lockstep and are in this together.

Joe Douglas, Robert Saleh, and Zack Wilson are the "triumvirate" for this franchise through the end of 2023 at least.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Gase is an OC now for his hometown H.S. That pretty much tells you what HE thinks his prospects are of ever landing another NFL gig. Tom. Cmon Man!!!!!!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

We had a sample size on Adam Gase. We knew that hire was DOA when it was made.

Similar to how Dolphins fans knew Mike Tannenbaum was an awful hire and Bills fans knew Rex was an awful hire, you can't watching someone f*ck up and fail in your own division and then hire them. It's crazy. Tanny and Rex actually had some semblance of success to point to as well.

This is an excellent, well-reasoned response that I have taken to heart and I will contemplate it when I see Jets fans coalescing around a failed Saleh regime even though they trashed Gase for lesser crimes. Thank you, @UntouchableCrew

• Thumb Down 1