McCaffery out- now let’s see how Sam does

34 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I think darnold looks pretty good out there. 23-33 for 305 yards. Last time panthers were 3-0 they went to the superbowl.

Imagine if darnold goes to the superbowl ? this place would self destruct

The hilarity might actually be worth the embarrassment.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, longsuffering88 said:

still happy he’s gone. Imagine his contract requirement now.

No way can it be worth it

good point

hes got a weak schedule and hes beating the weak teams. they could win 10 games if they can get one or two against a good team. 

if he is smart he negotiates a extension before next year cause his schedule will be a lot harder and he might not do so well. mix in that CMC is at the shelf life for RBs and has been injured now 2 years in a row. Sam might have to try to win with just a mortal RB. instead of the 2nd best in the NFL.

imagine he gets a big contract and all he is is avg at best. Carolina will be F%&%& for years.

3 hours ago, longsuffering88 said:

This should tell us more.

Well it was a solid dry hump today but he was able to finger in a couple of scores with his legs. Did he pass the eye test? 

We have managed to overlook many QBs. We gave Darnold sh*t to throw to. What did you expect? Even Teddy would qualify as the best Jets QB since what Pennington? That isn’t saying much but atleast Chad had us be competitive when he played. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, doitny said:

good point

hes got a weak schedule and hes beating the weak teams. they could win 10 games if they can get one or two against a good team. 

if he is smart he negotiates a extension before next year cause his schedule will be a lot harder and he might not do so well. 

Like the way you systematically exclude any possibility that the kid might actually be good and the Jets blew it.

imagine he gets a big contract and all he is is avg at best. Carolina will be F%&%& for years.

Possible.  Also possible is that as Sam gets to know his receivers and the system better, he improves even more.

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, kelticwizard said:

Like the way you systematically exclude any possibility that the kid might actually be good and the Jets blew it.

Possible.  Also possible is that as Sam gets to know his receivers and the system better, he improves even more.

sorry but i cant drink the 3-0 kool aid. not against the teams he beat. plus i still see old Sam there.

fumble in week one at the goaline cause he got to close to the FB. the week 2, INT shovel pass. now that we have seen that a few times here. maybe not every one was an INT but they scared the sh*t out of us. and also a fumble too vs the Saints.

and tonight he had 2 fumbles but got lucky he didnt lose any. and those guys hit him from the front not the blind side. how he couldn't see them i have no idea.

so thats 4 fumbles in 3 games. thats a problem. that kind of play wont fly with the better teams.

its his 4th year and hes still making these mistakes.

you got to do more than beat the 2nd and 3rd worst teams in the NFL and stop having more fumbles than games then you played to get me to even think we blew it. 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 2

2 hours ago, doitny said:

sorry but i cant drink the 3-0 kool aid. not against the teams he beat. plus i still see old Sam there.

fumble in week one at the goaline cause he got to close to the FB. the week 2, INT shovel pass. now that we have seen that a few times here. maybe not every one was an INT but they scared the sh*t out of us. and also a fumble too vs the Saints.

and tonight he had 2 fumbles but got lucky he didnt lose any. and those guys hit him from the front not the blind side. how he couldn't see them i have no idea.

so thats 4 fumbles in 3 games. thats a problem. that kind of play wont fly with the better teams.

its his 4th year and hes still making these mistakes.

you got to do more than beat the 2nd and 3rd worst teams in the NFL and stop having more fumbles than games then you played to get me to even think we blew it. 

Well I can tell you this Jets team couldn't beat either of the teams Darnold has beat this year. Not with our rookie turnover machine. 

• Upvote 3

Think trading Sam was a mistake this will cost Joe Douglas his job in 2 years when it becomes clear that the Jets traded a NFL caliber QB and drafted a guy that is at most a 3rd round draft pick. Maybe Sam isn't an elite  QB but with the improved offense the Jets have this year he wouldn't be playing the way Wilson is right now throwing 4 picks 2 which he just threw the ball up thinking he was still at BYU. What a joke. Hope I'm wrong but think the Jets screwed themselves again.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1

3 minutes ago, nyjets1969 said:

Think trading Sam was a mistake this will cost Joe Douglas his job in 2 years when it becomes clear that the Jets traded a NFL caliber QB and drafted a guy that is at most a 3rd round draft pick. Maybe Sam isn't an elite  QB but with the improved offense the Jets have this year he wouldn't be playing the way Wilson is right now throwing 4 picks 2 which he just threw the ball up thinking he was still at BYU. What a joke. Hope I'm wrong but think the Jets screwed themselves again.

Patriots vs. Jets - Game Summary - October 21, 2019 - ESPN

6 hours ago, AFJF said:

300+ yds and 2 rushing TD's with no McCaffrey and Moore injured late.

Not a bad day for the kid.

Just wish the Panthers lost.

Smaller cities like Charlotte…. When the Panthers play well, you can sense it.  We se the players in restaurants, HS football games, we know where they live.  I like when the Panthers play well.  It’s good for the city.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, Warfish said:

Do we have Carolina's pick too?

Oh, right, no.

Stop worrying about the last guy like a jilted lover stalking them on facebook.  Worry about OUR guy.  What Sam Darnold does is irrelevant to us.

i hate to be the one to break it to you. but we do in fact have 2 of carolina's picks......

Like to see Sam play well

also would like to see panthers lose 

Sam is/can be a good QB

Jets screwed Sam 

Not sure Sam can be a great QB 

Last 10 years only flacco and foles (depending your stance on Eli) non elite QBs to win the Super Bowl

Ill take playoff runs but ultimately I want a super bowl

No beef in trading Sam 

• Upvote 2

Sam is good Joe is not. The hate should be directed atJoe not Sam .Joe’s 2 nd round draft in Mims can’t even get on the field . I stated Keeping Sam over and over was the smart move and giving him weapons . The irony is Joe is failing Wilson just like he failed Sam. Trash rbs no tight ends and a bad line and instead of perriman this year we have berrios and instead of Gore we have Coleman 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1