McCaffery out- now let’s see how Sam does

All the idiots on this site I'm sure have their panties in a bunch from watching Sammy be so successful. It's ludicrous and all of you are dumb. It didn't take a rocket scientist to know the Jets RUINED Sammy and any opportunity he had to develop into a franchise QB. If you people weren't so dense you wouldn't look like such fools. Lol I ALWAYS knew Sammy was destined for success the very second he shook loose from the f%&-ing BOOBS from the Jets front office. You want to know why this team had been a punchline for decades? Look at the people running this sh*thole organization......

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

I was a big believer in Sam and campaigned during the draft season that we keep Sam and trade back because I didn't rate Wilson but I was wrong. We had to trade Sam. We had to trade him to save Sam's carrier, we had to trade him to give our GM more time, we had to trade him to give our new coaching staff a fresh start but most of all we had to trade him because most of our fan base had lost faith in Sam and that faith was never going to regained.

Im so delighted for Sam that he now has been given the opportunity to show his talents with the Panthers and although some of his play has not been great most of it has been pretty pretty good and yes he will lose games this year (most likely next week vs the cowboys) and people on this forum can't wait for that to happen so they can point out how bad of a QB he is even though deep down they will be jealous of what the panthers have in their roster and can only dream we will be in a similar position two or three years from now.

If you believe in Zack then be happy for Sam, Cheer on his success and don't worry weather we have the 33rd or 64th pick in the draft because we will mess the pick up anyway. 

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, doitny said:

wow i cant believe you guys.

last night was like Michigan beating appalachian state 

and last 2 weeks they beat Brooklyn college and Kent state.

but your beating your chests like the QB you let go to Michigan is good because of it.

Hey Brooklyn College is the most diverse college in the country and boasts some of the most innovative programming in the world and is very reasonably priced too; and I have also heard that their workers are sexy and highly intelligent to boot…..

That is all… :) 

• Haha 2

On 9/24/2021 at 9:32 AM, ScarletKnight89 said:

PFF'S quick post game take on Sam Darnold last night

CAROLINA PANTHERS

Quarterbacks

Darnold tried to attack the intermediate holes in Houston’s soft zones early in the game before throwing check downs during and after the second quarter. His aversion to pushing the ball down the field was curious given that he regularly had more than three seconds to throw. He finished with an eight-yard average depth of target. He wasn’t helped by his receivers, who dropped four of his passes. Darnold escaped without a turnover in spite of his pair of turnover-worthy plays.

Of course it's not how you start but how you finish :

• Sympathy 1

16 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

All the idiots on this site I'm sure have their panties in a bunch from watching Sammy be so successful. It's ludicrous and all of you are dumb. It didn't take a rocket scientist to know the Jets RUINED Sammy and any opportunity he had to develop into a franchise QB. If you people weren't so dense you wouldn't look like such fools. Lol I ALWAYS knew Sammy was destined for success the very second he shook loose from the f%&-ing BOOBS from the Jets front office. You want to know why this team had been a punchline for decades? Look at the people running this sh*thole organization......

while it may be true that the jets f'ed up the start of darenold's career....this post is nonsense with how it calls out everyone on this site for being stupid.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

There’s some truth in that. In Tampa I watched the Bucs suck for years until Hugh Culverhouse left and the team was sold to Malcolm Glaser. Suddenly everything changed. Same in baseball. The Rays sucked when Naimoli was the owner. Inept ownership is a crippler. Best hope for Jets is no Johnson’s in charge. This being said, I stick with them. At least Gase is gone.

15 hours ago, FactsOnly said:

He looked like Teddy Bridgwater out there

we must have different standards

Yeah..your standards consist of "Sam Darnold sucks no matter what he does, good or bad".

I mean I get wanting him to lose games so we can get a high 2nd-rounder but purposely ignoring reality is just sad.

Teddy Two-Gloves would not have made the throws on the run that Sam did. 

GTFO of here with that nonsense.   ?

Also...and I have to say this....how arrogant can someone be to name himself "FactsOnly" when the only "Facts" you provide are pure Bullsh*t?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Vin said:

Yeah..your standards consist of "Sam Darnold sucks no matter what he does, good or bad".

I mean I get wanting him to lose games so we can get a high 2nd-rounder but purposely ignoring reality is just sad.

Teddy Two-Gloves would not have made the throws on the run that Sam did. 

GTFO of here with that nonsense.   ?

Also...and I have to say this....how arrogant can someone be to name himself "FactsOnly" when the only "Facts" you provide are pure Bullsh*t?

I'm kind of sorry I haven't seen your other 135 posts

• WTF? 1

2 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I'm kind of sorry I haven't seen your other 135 posts

Excuse me but was that supposed to be some kind of witty remark? ?

When you have nothing except bringing up my Post-Count over here as your go-to, it's time to pack it in 'cause you already lost.

BTW, ever heard of the Hampur?   18,000+ posts(and counting) over there.

SAR, Beerfish, Jetstream are familiar with that place.... (Ragu says hi and some expletive, too)

I don't spend much time over here as you can tell but I started posting here because of more "diverse" opinions and viewpoints.  

And some of those viewpoints are hilarious in their sticking-ones-head-in-the-sand style and blatant homerism instead of dealing with reality. 

3 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

The difference between a high 2nd round pick and low 2nd round pick for us is the difference between a player being cut in year 3 with 10 snaps of live action vs 50 snaps. Big whoop.

yeah....I'm really beginning to think many here are taking too much stock in 2nd rounders.   

I mean.... Who was it that drafted Denzel Mims again?    Do fellow Jets fans have confidence Joe wouldn't whiff again?

36 minutes ago, Vin said:

When you have nothing except bringing up my Post-Count over here as your go-to, it's time to pack it in 'cause you already lost.

SAR, Beerfish, Jetstream are familiar with that place.... (Ragu says hi and some expletive, too)

I don't spend much time over here as you can tell but I started posting here because of more "diverse" opinions and viewpoints.  

And some of those viewpoints are hilarious in their sticking-ones-head-in-the-sand style and blatant homerism instead of dealing with reality. 

@DefenseWinsChampionships check your ancestrydna account.

• WTF? 1

32 minutes ago, Vin said:

never heard of Hampur till now,

just checked it out and from the front page i see anything goes.

Politics, cursing. might have to go there next time Politics and Football get mixed together. 

but i dont like the page. hard to read. this is a much better set up.  i guess when you allow anything you have a hard time getting a server.

• Haha 1

On 9/24/2021 at 5:31 PM, NYJ1 said:

Eat me.

2 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

The difference between a high 2nd round pick and low 2nd round pick for us is the difference between a player being cut in year 3 with 10 snaps of live action vs 50 snaps. Big whoop.

2 hours ago, Vin said:

yeah....I'm really beginning to think many here are taking too much stock in 2nd rounders.   

I mean.... Who was it that drafted Denzel Mims again?    Do fellow Jets fans have confidence Joe wouldn't whiff again?

No matter the Jets' history or who is making the picks, draft capital is draft capital.  Arguing otherwise is nonsense.  Higher picks are better than lower picks, always (unless you're a playoff team, then you of course want to pick last).

Root for Darnold to win a SB in 2022-23 for all I care.  In 2021, all Jets fans should be hoping the Panthers lose the remainder of the games.

• Upvote 2

On 9/26/2021 at 11:16 AM, doitny said:

never heard of Hampur till now,

just checked it out and from the front page i see anything goes.

Politics, cursing. might have to go there next time Politics and Football get mixed together. 

but i dont like the page. hard to read. this is a much better set up.  i guess when you allow anything you have a hard time getting a server.

Well they don't allow....*anything*....but your point is well-taken. ?

The cursing is the main reason I spent a lot of time there.   No risk of getting in trouble or what-have-you.

The Politics.....not so much.   I'm usually there for the Football (at least they keep that crap in separate forums).

I'm also here because I like reading more opinions from more people.  

And I will give you that the format here is a bit easier to navigate and read.  

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I wont call anyone out but some of the comments in this thread have aged as poorly as any on this thread. Still, he is back I think and to be honest I think he is an upgrade from Newton who has been a terrible QB for like 6 years yet gets treated like he is just a little off his MVP level.

7 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I wont call anyone out but some of the comments in this thread have aged as poorly as any on this thread. Still, he is back I think and to be honest I think he is an upgrade from Newton who has been a terrible QB for like 6 years yet gets treated like he is just a little off his MVP level.

You’re a good guy Johnny, but you’re also the last person who should point out other people’s past comments about Sam Darnold.

• Haha 1