Season ticket holders- do you keep your tickets more because of the camaraderie of tailgating or thinking the Jets can win?

Matt39

Watching Darnold go 3-0, this is obviously an ownership problem. The Johnsons love the fact that the tri-state folk who will never leave regardless of the taxes will continue to show up on Sundays and tailgate no matter of the pitifulness of the team. Drink beers, have fun- I get it. I love going back to New York and seeing the people on the same barstool where I left them. I love the tradition. Mare of Eastown sh*t. But the owners are banking on the area and this tradition.

I must ask- whats's keeping you spending your money when ownership is laughing at you? No judgement zone either. I love tailgating. It's just the Johnsons have no interest on returning the favor.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Oh stop….The Johnsons don’t coach, they don’t draft, they don’t call plays, and they don’t play games on the field.

The Johnsons aren’t perfect but they hired the GM you all wanted, who hired the coach. 

The GM made the decision to scrap Darnold.

The Johnsons are rich. We get it. It’s an easy out. The Johnsons however, are not the reason the Jets are looking awful right now 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF? 1

12 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Oh stop….The Johnsons don’t coach, they don’t draft, they don’t call plays, and they don’t play games on the field.

The Johnsons aren’t perfect but they hired the GM you all wanted, who hired the coach. 

The GM made the decision to scrap Darnold.

The Johnsons are rich. We get it. It’s an easy out. The Johnsons however, are not the reason the Jets are looking awful right now 

They are rich because they were given it. It matters. When you email your invoice youre sending it to guys who are laughing at you. 10 years of no playoffs. Pathetic hires. Pathetic drafts of first round picks who cant get a job in Canada. real talk fam

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Link?

Lombardi had it on his podcast a while back. Berry who has since gotten the Browns head job was with the Eagles to replace Douglas. The Eagles problem is Rosman who thinks he's Billy Beane and then Berry ended up bouncing. 

9 hours ago, Matt39 said:

They are rich because they were given it. It matters. When you email your invoice youre sending it to guys who are laughing at you. 10 years of no playoffs. Pathetic hires. Pathetic drafts of first round picks who cant get a job in Canada. real talk fam

And they’ve been price gouging a sh*tty product for years to pay for a shiny sh*tty stadium 

• Upvote 1

Simple and honest answer is because I feel stuck.  I bought two PSL's and I can honestly say it is the dumbest thing I have ever bought in my life.  That was 15k and it is really hard for me to walk away from that kind of money with nothing in return.  So stupidly I give in and buy my seats every year and try to make the best of it.  September/October it is pretty easy to find someone to go to the games with me but after that none of my friends have any interest and I don't even ask them to pay for the ticket and at times I sell my seats at a loss.  I guess the correct thing for me to do is walk away and just eat the 15k and not give away more of my money but I always have a little hope that we may finally get good again.  Buying those PSL's was my worst purchase and hell I've bought plenty of stupid things in my life.  

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

9 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Watching Darnold go 3-0, this is obviously an ownership problem. The Johnsons love the fact that the tri-state folk who will never leave regardless of the taxes will continue to show up on Sundays and tailgate no matter of the pitifulness of the team. Drink beers, have fun- I get it. I love going back to New York and seeing the people on the same barstool where I left them. I love the tradition. Mare of Eastown sh*t. But the owners are banking on the area and this tradition.

I must ask- whats's keeping you spending your money when ownership is laughing at you? No judgement zone either. I love tailgating. It's just the Johnsons have no interest on returning the favor.

I enjoy watching the Jets in person and while it has been rough lately, there is no place like the stadium when they are playing well and winning exciting games.

Season tickets are a form of entertainment dollars. It does not matter to me that the owners are rich or poor. It is about the team and enjoying the atmosphere and fellow fans. I also go with family members so that little bit of time you get to be together is worth the money for me. 

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, BP said:

And they’ve been price gouging a sh*tty product for years to pay for a shiny sh*tty stadium 

Not this again.

There are 48,000 non-upper deck non-club seats in MetLife Stadium.  With the average PSL owner carrying 3 seats, that's only 16,000 people that are writing checks to the Jets each year.

And there are 1.2 million millionaires in the region.

Those of us who have PSL's and/or season tickets can afford it.  If the you don't have the $3,800 needed for season tickets that's fine, no judgement.  Just don't you judge those of us that do.

SAR I

17 minutes ago, sec143dmf said:

Simple and honest answer is because I feel stuck.  I bought two PSL's and I can honestly say it is the dumbest thing I have ever bought in my life.  That was 15k and it is really hard for me to walk away from that kind of money with nothing in return.  So stupidly I give in and buy my seats every year and try to make the best of it.  September/October it is pretty easy to find someone to go to the games with me but after that none of my friends have any interest and I don't even ask them to pay for the ticket and at times I sell my seats at a loss.  I guess the correct thing for me to do is walk away and just eat the 15k and not give away more of my money but I always have a little hope that we may finally get good again.  Buying those PSL's was my worst purchase and hell I've bought plenty of stupid things in my life.  

just walk away-you probably are essentially paying that 4-5 k a year so really every three years you are paying another 15 k

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Matt39 said:

1 - I'm going to be watching the games from home anyway, might as well do it with my friends and family at the game itself.

2 - The hope of the Jets having a 4-6 year run where they are actual Super Bowl contenders and host home playoff games.

3 -  The $5,000 it costs for my 4 seats isn't a lot of money.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Fixed it for you.

SAR I

there are very little perks. It was MUCH better before PSLS-we had the same seats every year and the same fans next to us. These days the perks for the psls are mostly gone and the folks next to you are different most weeks as the psl owner sells to try and recoup some money. It should be noted I had several psls including the best sections.    

2 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I'm getting tired of the threads that bash STH as "stupid" or "suckers" 

Hope the mods can get a hold of this

I think you are being to sensitive.  It’s your money and if you enjoy who cares what other people post on the internet.  I still buy but if I’m honest I know financially it doesn’t make sense as I can buy on the secondary market cheaper. 

4 minutes ago, sec143dmf said:

I think you are being to sensitive.  It’s your money and if you enjoy who cares what other people post on the internet.  I still buy but if I’m honest I know financially it doesn’t make sense as I can buy on the secondary market cheaper. 

Yea I got better things to do searching stubhub all week for a different seat each game, next to different people I dont know (in the covid world that matters to me) and get ripped off weekly on parking passes

I used to have season tickets.  Not any longer. I *was* a third generation ticket holder.  It went from Grandfather, to my father to me.  

I was always put off by having to pay full price for two preseason tickets.  Then the PSL's came along.  Seemed a bit disrespectful and rapacious.   But, I went along with it because I still had fun at the games.  

Then, they signed Michael Vick.  That was the end of the line for me. 

I cancelled my tickets and pawned my PSL. 

The greed didn't drive me away nor did the poor on-filed performance.  I was disgusted by an owner/gm that thought it was a good idea to bring Vick on board.  Considering what I knew about his exploits, I could not bring myself to rout for them. 

I also know several other long time ticket holders that walked away after that. 

5 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Dumb thread. Sorry. 

It’s more then just the game and record. It’s the experience, it’s the friends the family you hang with. Bonding with your son or daughters.
Nobody cares about Woody. 

That’s the point.woody leveraged the bonding and tradition aspect of the most populous area in the country, while no one seems to really care the product is terrible.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Yea I got better things to do searching stubhub all week for a different seat each game, next to different people I dont know (in the covid world that matters to me) and get ripped off weekly on parking passes

So continue doing what you are doing and stop getting all worked up over it like a little girl. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Not this again.

There are 48,000 non-upper deck non-club seats in MetLife Stadium.  With the average PSL owner carrying 3 seats, that's only 16,000 people that are writing checks to the Jets each year.

And there are 1.2 million millionaires in the region.

Those of us who have PSL's and/or season tickets can afford it.  If the you don't have the $3,800 needed for season tickets that's fine, no judgement.  Just don't you judge those of us that do.

SAR I

Lol! If you want to spend that, and blow your whole day to watch an abysmal product on the field Just to be miserable and pissed off. For your ride home, More power to you.

I’ll watch them on tv for free and change the channel and not be pissed off anymore.

how long have you had season tickets, mr money bags?

• Upvote 1