Gase Now Cemented as Worst NFL HC Ever

More Cowbell

Im still not convinced Sam is a different QB. I only watched the second half last night and he looked awesome but it’s the Texans and he looked good at times throughout his career. Good for him. I do not miss him and none of you should either. Cant wait until we can talk about him more objectively and just flat out completely move on from Gase and Mac. IT’S OVER. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If you were starting a team today, who which of these three would you want for your quarterback?

A. Sam Darnold

B. Ryan Tannehill

C. Zack Wilson

C. 2 games as a pro isn’t enough for me to give up on Zach. Plus give me the high upside QB any day, remember how most jet fans mocked Buffao for Josh Allen? 

Qbs like Mac Jones, Teddy Bridgewater, Ryan Tannehill, Sam Darnold you can literally put in a bag and grab one out.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Sam was here for 3 seasons and Gase was specifically  hired to develop him. This is a fact. Sam wasted away here and the Jets wasted 3 years with him. Now we have to wait this year and probably next year for Zack to develop into a playoff caliber QB. Darnold is showing he is already there. 5 years. 

Gase didn't draft the OL or provide the weapons.  Darnold would suck here with Lefleur and the current OL and weapons.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

First Tanny and now Darnold. How the Hell did this guy get the HC job here. How the Hell does Johnson go on National TV and call this guy an offensive genius.  My God this organization  sucks.  

we were bamboozeled!!

Yes Gase was the problem. coaching matters, sam was wasted because of our Coaching and Front office but at least I think at this point we are not going to repeat that process. It will be tougher for Sam wiht out MacCaffrey but he will be fine, good qb in the league. Crazy to think we have draft now two good Qbs in so many tries after never being close since Pennington. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

So you are ok that Gase has set this organization  backwards at least 5 years?  If you are, you should be the one to go root for a different team.

JOE DOUGLAS SET THIS FRANCHISE BACK 5 YEARS.  HE HAS BEEN DUMPING TALENTED PLAYERS AND PICKING BAD PLAYERS FOR ALMOST 3 YEARS AND ITS GOING TO TAKE 2 OR MORE JUST TO GET BACK TO WHAT HE INHERITED WHEN MACCAGNAN LEFT AND WE HAD 7 WINS.

ADAM GASE IS NOT THE PROBLEM.  JOE DOUGLAS IS THE DEVIL.  HE HAS MADE THE JETS INTO AN EXPANSION TEAM WITHOUT THE BENEFIT OF AN EXPANSION DRAFT.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Adam Gase was the worst HC in the league independent of whatever Sam does going forward.

This was known before he took the job and only confirmed with his time here. Anyone who looked at his career prior to the Jets with any semblance of context would agree.

This is my take.. Darnold may end up SUCKING all on his own but that doesn't make Adam Gase NOT a horrific hire!

Gase's team when Darnold went down with Mono were FAR worse than Rich Kotite's team and it wasn't even close in my opinion!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Adam Gase was the worst HC in the league independent of whatever Sam does going forward.

This was known before he took the job and only confirmed with his time here. Anyone who looked at his career prior to the Jets with any semblance of context would agree.

Look Here Reaction GIF by Paul McCartney

• Upvote 1

So you are ok that Gase has set this organization  backwards at least 5 years?  If you are, you should be the one to go root for a different team.

Is that 5 years cumulative with the 5 years that Macc, Idzik, Rex, Geno, Sanchez (etc ...) also set us back?

If so I think we're somewhere in the 1930's right now. :D  

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, SAR I said:

JOE DOUGLAS SET THIS FRANCHISE BACK 5 YEARS.  HE HAS BEEN DUMPING TALENTED PLAYERS AND PICKING BAD PLAYERS FOR ALMOST 3 YEARS AND ITS GOING TO TAKE 2 OR MORE JUST TO GET BACK TO WHAT HE INHERITED WHEN MACCAGNAN LEFT AND WE HAD 7 WINS.

ADAM GASE IS NOT THE PROBLEM.  JOE DOUGLAS IS THE DEVIL.  HE HAS MADE THE JETS INTO AN EXPANSION TEAM WITHOUT THE BENEFIT OF AN EXPANSION DRAFT.

SAR I

Joe actually saved this franchise from continuing to spiral out of control by instituting NFL norms and standards to our FO and basic operating procedures, not to mention just being not Macc or his predecessors. By dumping good players you mean droping the over priced has beens? Yeah most people like that. 

get back to what we inherited? what does that mean, every season is new and you our roster just this year finally young and almost with out any bad contracts. Again bang up job by Joe. We have a franchise Qb with some weapons, like actauly NFL quality backs and WR. What are you talking about? Is this whole post just a defend Adam gase thing? I know you loved that guy who did nothing for us and ruined our team but jesus christ...this is a adam gase lover boy thing isnt it?

SO Joe made the team bad not Adam Gase? I always thought you were just trolling or something but I think maybe you have serious mental problems.

GTFOutta here wiht this gase love. Tannahil, now darnold, any numebr of other players who all leave gase and go on to have good meaningful touches and plays. Your crazy man.

SAR you are nuts!

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

39 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

we were bamboozeled!!

Yes Gase was the problem. coaching matters, sam was wasted because of our Coaching and Front office but at least I think at this point we are not going to repeat that process. It will be tougher for Sam wiht out MacCaffrey but he will be fine, good qb in the league. Crazy to think we have draft now two good Qbs in so many tries after never being close since Pennington. 

Presumably Douglas, Saleh and Lefleur looked at oddles of tape of Sam being coached and decided to bail on him rather than get a boatload of picks that might have been franchise changing.  You have to believe they didn't think they could fix him.  

After 2 games of watching Zach getting killed, bad play design and bad decision making it's not at all clear they aren't going to repeat the problem.  

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

SO Joe made the team bad not Adam Gase?

Adam Gase is a terrible coach.  All he can do is have a bad season by coaching players badly.

Mike Maccagnan and Joe Douglas are terrible GM's.  Because they can't pick players.  So it doesn't matter who the coach is.  Bill Belichick wouldn't have done better than 4 wins with last years garbage roster provided by garbage player-pickers.

SAR I

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

I hear ya. I dont think anyone ever argued Sam be a top 5 QB. 

But a QB we could win games with and yes make a playoff run rather then start over again like we eventually chose. 

But here or there......we are where we are....Heres to hoping Zach becomes a Top 5 because I think thats the gamble we took

Fair

But I think if the Jets played even below average football last year and managed to win 4-6 games, Sam Darnold would still be our QB. Unfortunately the team was so bad that the Jets got a top 2 pick and deemed Zach Wilson to be a QB who could be a potential top 10 player at the position. Time will tell if he can reach that goal. 

They weight the potential of Zach Wilson vs. the potential of Sam Darnold plus whatever they could get via trading the #2 pick and came to the conclusion most likely that Wilson was the right choice to make.

4 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Arguably one of the worst HC hires in the history of the NFL.

1.  He hired Joe Douglas, so that should be a major cause of concern as if the awful roster decisions weren't enough.

2.  Robert Saleh didn't bring any culture change, hasn't been effective after months of educating the players, and doesn't look any better than Adam Gase did.

Our problems are much bigger than a head coach who isn't here anymore.  If you think it can't get worse than Gase, think again.

SAR I

• Post of the Week 2

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

1.  He hired Joe Douglas, so that should be a major cause of concern as if the awful roster decisions weren't enough.

2.  Robert Saleh didn't bring any culture change, hasn't been effective after months of educating the players, and doesn't look any better than Adam Gase did.

Our problems are much bigger than a head coach who isn't here anymore.  If you think it can't get worse than Gase, think again.

SAR I

1.  JD thanked Adam Gase by firing him. 

2.  It's going to take more than 2 weeks to remove the stench of Adam Gase.

I will think for myself, thank you very much.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Bronx said:

Mommy forgot to bring milk and cookies.  Go root for the Bills for !&@# sakes! 

walk me through why a post about a recent ex-Jets HC and the scale of incompetence - is not appropriate topic for Jets MB. 

I'll wait, while you finish getting your barb-wire tattoo

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I’m not sure that Douglas is the problem, per se, but it’s comical that Jets fans think Adam Gase is the root cause of any of the Jets current problems. Gase, like Mangini, was the one guy who looked at the franchise and tried to fix it. Jets fans can’t accept that they root for an institutionally poisoned franchise and they despise anyone who tries to repair it. Better to be like Saleh or Rex, and smile for the cameras and cash the checks. 

• Upvote 4

23 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

1.  JD thanked Adam Gase by firing him. 

2.  It's going to take more than 2 weeks to remove the stench of Adam Gase.

I will think for myself, thank you very much.

Excuse me, but Robert Saleh was hired in January, minicamps happened in April, and he ran training camp all summer.

That's 8 months, full training camp, 3 preseason game weeks, 3 regular season game weeks, for those keeping score at home, about 500 hours of on-field face time with the players, and we look no better than we did with Adam Gase.

Hmm.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Excuse me, but Robert Saleh was hired in January, minicamps happened in April, and he ran training camp all summer.

That's 8 months, full training camp, 3 preseason game weeks, 3 regular season game weeks, for those keeping score at home, about 500 hours of on-field face time with the players, and we look no better than we did with Adam Gase.

Hmm.

SAR I

You're excused but this is level of debate is beneath me.   

• Thumb Down 1