Gase Now Cemented as Worst NFL HC Ever

More Cowbell

6 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

You're excused but this is level of debate is beneath me.   

Explain to me how a head coach who hasn't been here since last year and whose roster looked very different than the one we have now has had any impact on the 2021 Jets.

Furthermore, explain to me how a brand new head coach with a sparkly new offensive and defensive coordinator, young playmakers, and a stud QB has managed to look worse than Adam Gase did with fans booing him out of the stadium after his second game.  You know, because of the Gase Leaves Things Improve theory.

All life's problems aren't the fault of one man no matter what you've been programmed to believe, son.  If Adam Gase were the problem, we'd be 2-0 right now.  Best you worry about your GM who can't pick players and your ALL GAS head coach whose team can't compete, mmm k?

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Excuse me, but Robert Saleh was hired in January, minicamps happened in April, and he ran training camp all summer.

That's 8 months, full training camp, 3 preseason game weeks, 3 regular season game weeks, for those keeping score at home, about 500 hours of on-field face time with the players, and we look no better than we did with Adam Gase.

Hmm.

SAR I

When all you hear about a coach is what a great motivator he is and then you turn around and the team is as flat as a manhole cover in Weeks One and Two of his regime, you know you have problems. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m not sure that Douglas is the problem, per se, but it’s comical that Jets fans think Adam Gase is the root cause of any of the Jets current problems. Gase, like Mangini, was the one guy who looked at the franchise and tried to fix it. Jets fans can’t accept that they root for an institutionally poisoned franchise and they despise anyone who tries to repair it. Better to be like Saleh or Rex, and smile for the cameras and cash the checks. 

This.

Not to mention, there is no such thing as 'coaching carryover' from the prior year.  You know all those stories we hear about how "ADAM GASE LEFT AND THE TEAM IMMEDIATELY GOT BETTER!"?  Or how Tannehill became a rock star or how Darnold is undefeated?

Hello........Gase left............Mr. No Brakes! is here.......AND WE'RE NOT BETTER.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, SAR I said:

Explain to me how a head coach who hasn't been here since last year and whose roster looked very different than the one we have now has had any impact on the 2021 Jets.

Furthermore, explain to me how a brand new head coach with a sparkly new offensive and defensive coordinator, young playmakers, and a stud QB has managed to look worse than Adam Gase did with fans booing him out of the stadium after his second game.

All life's problems aren't the fault of one man no matter what you've been programmed to believe, son.  If Adam Gase were the problem, we'd be 2-0 right now.  Best you worry about your GM who can't pick players and your ALL GAS head coach whose team can't compete, mmm k?

SAR I

Blah Blah Blah Reaction GIF

• Haha 1

Just now, SAR I said:

This.

Not to mention, there is no such thing as 'coaching carryover' from the prior year.  You know all those stories we hear about how "ADAM GASE LEFT AND THE TEAM IMMEDIATELY GOT BETTER!"?  Or how Tannehill became a rock star or how Darnold is undefeated?

Hello........Gase left............Mr. No Brakes! is here.......AND WE'RE NOT BETTER.

SAR I

Both Darnold and Tannehill credit Adam Gase with teaching them how to play QB in the NFL. How have the Dolphins fared post-Gase? How do the Jets look post-Gase? They look like sh*t. But, sure, blame Adam Gase for your deep-seeded organizational failures. That’ll fix it.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

When all you hear about a coach is what a great motivator he is and then you turn around and the team is as flat as a manhole cover in Weeks One and Two of his regime, you know you have problems. 

This is all subterfuge by the master manipulator, Joe Douglas.

While everyone is distracted by Gase vs. Saleh, he just sits there eating a half-rack of ribs and acts like he hasn't been grossly negligent with the roster and hasn't been driving us into the ground for the past 3 years.

Saleh, like Gase, has no players.  All the t-shirt catchphrases in the world isn't going to hide that.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Both Darnold and Tannehill credit Adam Gase with teaching them how to play QB in the NFL. How have the Dolphins fared post-Gase? How do the Jets look post-Gase? They look like sh*t. But, sure, blame Adam Gase for your deep-seeded organizational failures. That’ll fix it.

They looked like idiots when he took 1-7 and turned it into 6-2 and they look like idiots now that it's apparent that he wasn't the problem.  

The only way we're going to help the movement is if the Gase subterfuge stops and we put the focus squarely where it belongs:  Joe Douglas.  

And that fact that he was Adam Gase's hand-selected yes-man just blows over like it never happened.  "Oh, Douglas is connected to Saleh, it's Year 1, it's a shiny new day, Douglas didn't even know who Gase was, it was all Gase's fault, the rebuild starts now" what a joke.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 2

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

They looked like idiots when he took 1-7 and turned it into 6-2 and they look like idiots now that it's apparent that he wasn't the problem.  

The only way we're going to help the movement is if the Gase subterfuge stops and we put the focus squarely where it belongs:  Joe Douglas.  

And that fact that he was Adam Gase's hand-selected yes-man just blows over like it never happened.  "Oh, Douglas is connected to Saleh, it's Year 1, it's a shiny new day, Douglas didn't even know who Gase was, it was all Gase's fault, the rebuild starts now" what a joke.

SAR I

Do you think they ever stop and ask themselves why players like Mekhi Becton, Denzel Mims, and Quinnen Williams looked exponentially better under Gase than they do under Saleh? Do you think they every pause to reflect on these things?

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

Do you think they ever stop and ask themselves why players like Mekhi Becton, Denzel Mims, and Quinnen Williams looked exponentially better under Gase than they do under Saleh? Do you think they every pause to reflect on these things?

They can't handle the truth.  This thread is evidence of that.  Gase 'cemented' as a bad head coach?  We already know that.  That's not the talking point.  The talking point is where is the improvement?  Subtracting Gase should be worth 6 wins and adding a new culture and coaching staff should be worth 4 wins and we are looking at 0 wins at this rate.

It's all there, so easy to see, we've got a spunky head coach with a catchphrase and a beer-buddy GM with an axe and they love these guys, they're so adorable, they are straight out of central casting.

But they suck at football.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 2

8 hours ago, Biggs said:

As of today Gase has a better record than Robert Saleh as a HC in the NFL.  

You know  that’s not a fair evaluation. If you had to pick between Saleh and Gase as a leader to coach you through an extremely stressful and mentally taxing operation who would you choose to lead you through that. Right know Saleh is the man I want getting this young team up to speed because of his principles, his fundamentals, positivity, and the ability to keep out the noise. Just what I see to this point. No Clown show rah rah or crazy psychotic eyes but someone who these kids can lean on and follow his vision until we develop an identity as a team. 

• WTF? 1

16 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

You know  that’s not a fair evaluation. If you had to pick between Saleh and Gase as a leader to coach you through an extremely stressful and mentally taxing operation who would you choose to lead you through that. Right know Saleh is the man I want getting this young team up to speed because of his principles, his fundamentals, positivity, and the ability to keep out the noise. Just what I see to this point. No Clown show rah rah or crazy psychotic eyes but someone who these kids can lean on and follow his vision until we develop an identity as a team. 

Two sided coin.  As of today we have no tangible improvement.  Saleh and Douglas seem like nice guys with a plan.  Neither one of them have a record of success at there current positions.  I’m a Jets fan.  I don’t have an axe to grind with Gase, Douglas or Saleh.  Gase failed we cut our losses.  TBD about Saleh and Douglas.  Hope they turn this around.  To date they haven’t.  The O still looks like a clown show and sadly Gase at least could script an opening drive.  We haven’t even seen that from the current staff.   It’s two games.  I’m not panicked.  I’m a little disappointed with how inept the O has been for two games.  I’m worried Zach, who I think has the goods, is going to get hurt. 

• Sympathy 1

55 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Nflmemes of IG putting up better arguments in crude meme form than years of Shane and Sar posts lololol

1. LSU was 3-8 the season prior to Adam Gase’s arrival.  

2. The Denver Broncos finished last in their division the year prior to Adam Gase becoming QB coach and then OC. In those four subsequent years, they won their division every season.

3. As HC of the Dolphins, despite Tannehill missing approximately half of the games with injury during Gase’s tenure, the Dolphins produced the same record as media darling and current Dolphins coach Brian Flores, and Gase had a winning record in games started by Ryan Tannehill.

4. In Gase’s first season as Jets coach, he went 7-6 in games started by Sam Darnold, despite having Jamison Crowder as his WR1 and a burnt-to-a-crisp malcontent LeVeon Bell as his “feature back.” The next season, his (and Darnold’s) WR1 was Breshad Perriman, who is currently out of the league. In both of those seasons, Darnold incurred absolute mush injuries (as documented here, in an article entitled “A Brief History of Sam Darnold’s Increasingly Weird Injuries” https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/10/27/20935181/sam-darnold-injuries-jets-spleen-mono)

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

12 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

It's like Peyton never gets tired of ******* the Jets. First he stays in school for his senior season rather than be the #1 overall pick by the Jets. I guess he needed more time to sexually harass the female trainers at Tennessee. Then he convinces the Johnsons to hire Gase as HC. And don't fool yourself, Peyton Manning is a football genius. He knew very well that Adam Gase is a buffoon. 

This has caused me to have a love/hate relationship with Peyton Manning. I love the funny guy and football player, but I hate him for screwing the Jets over twice.

The Jets failed Peyton when Parcells refused to guarantee drafting him with the first pick.

Parcells was on a three year plan and did not want to “waste” time coaching up a rookie QB.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Ian Fleming said:

The Jets failed Peyton when Parcells refused to guarantee drafting him with the first pick.

Parcells was on a three year plan and did not want to “waste” time coaching up a rookie QB.

Peyton went back to school because Archie didn’t think Peyton could handle NY.

13 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

That is not it at all. Even when this team drafts a guy that should be a good part of the team, we screw it up. We are a freaking mess I am too freaking old for this crap. And I fully support  Zack and Saleh but this is now hard to swallow after this past Sunday. Zack regressed from week 1. Can you name another QB that regressed steadily  on this team?

Can Darnold was seeing ghosts in year 2 so yeah

then again he was absolutely horrible in year 1 so it’s debatable 

15 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Yeah well I'm pissed off and need to vent. Darnold is making the Panthers look good. They are 3-0. That was supposed to be us. We drafted him. 

They are selling T-Shirts with the Sam Darnold doodle of the Panthers logo on them. The woman on Good Morning Football is wearing it and they have been kissing his behind all morning. 

isnt this what you wanted? aren't you one of the guys who want to see Sam do good?

well this is the aftermath of that.

T-shirts, Media kissing his a$$. laughing at us. 

but keep rooting for him to do good

wouldnt you feel better if he was 0-3 with 5 INTs..

15 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

I hear ya. I dont think anyone ever argued Sam be a top 5 QB. 

But a QB we could win games with and yes make a playoff run rather then start over again like we eventually chose. 

But here or there......we are where we are....Heres to hoping Zach becomes a Top 5 because I think thats the gamble we took

so thats what you want. short success and long term failure just like Saleh said.

you want a QB to win what, 8 or 9 games. maybe sneak in the playoffs. then we have to pay him 30-40 mil and stick with a guy with is avg at best . 

we have Josh Allen, Bill Belichick and by next year Watson will be in Miami..... a QB who could win SOME games just aint gonna do it.

we had to take that gamble. 

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

1. LSU was 3-8 the season prior to Adam Gase’s arrival.  

2. The Denver Broncos finished last in their division the year prior to Adam Gase becoming QB coach and then OC. In those four subsequent years, they won their division every season.

3. As HC of the Dolphins, despite Tannehill missing approximately half of the games with injury during Gase’s tenure, the Dolphins produced the same record as media darling and current Dolphins coach Brian Flores, and Gase had a winning record in games started by Ryan Tannehill.

4. In Gase’s first season as Jets coach, he went 7-6 in games started by Sam Darnold, despite having Jamison Crowder as his WR1 and a burnt-to-a-crisp malcontent LeVeon Bell as his “feature back.” The next season, his (and Darnold’s) WR1 was Breshad Perriman, who is currently out of the league. In both of those seasons, Darnold incurred absolute mush injuries (as documented here, in an article entitled “A Brief History of Sam Darnold’s Increasingly Weird Injuries” https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/10/27/20935181/sam-darnold-injuries-jets-spleen-mono)

how do you explain him making Gore the #1 RB  after Bell left? and still kept playing him calling runs up the gut for 2 yds.

then Ty Johnson's starts and runs for over 100 yds when Gore missed that one game. and then he gives the starting job right back to Gore the next week for the rest of the season.

stuff like that makes fans bang there head against a wall. stuff like that gets you fired no matter what you did the season before.

7 hours ago, doitny said:

isnt this what you wanted? aren't you one of the guys who want to see Sam do good?

well this is the aftermath of that.

T-shirts, Media kissing his a$$. laughing at us. 

but keep rooting for him to do good

wouldnt you feel better if he was 0-3 with 5 INTs..

I'm actually happy for Sam that he is playing well. I'm pissed at this clown show we root for. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, doitny said:

how do you explain him making Gore the #1 RB  after Bell left? and still kept playing him calling runs up the gut for 2 yds.

then Ty Johnson's starts and runs for over 100 yds when Gore missed that one game. and then he gives the starting job right back to Gore the next week for the rest of the season.

stuff like that makes fans bang there head against a wall. stuff like that gets you fired no matter what you did the season before.

These are all great points!

So why are we playing worse since Adam Gase left? 

The Dolphins were already on the way to the playoffs and Tannehill was already league MVP 2 games after they got away from Adam Gase's evil clutches.  Is Robert Saleh now cemented?

SAR I

• Post of the Week 1

45 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Do you think Jets fans wishing Sam well are impacting his play? Lol

no, i just think that there rooting for there team to be in more kaos. the more butt of jokes. 

rooting for JD to look bad. 

do you root for Leo to play well? what about Robbie? wanna see him get another 95 catches? maybe root for Jamal to break his own sack record. how many other JD moves do you root against?

doesn't anyone go to work here? have to deal with co-workers busting there chops over being a Jet fan? dont you ever want to go in there and say we got this right? 

15 hours ago, Biggs said:

Two sided coin.  As of today we have no tangible improvement.  Saleh and Douglas seem like nice guys with a plan.  Neither one of them have a record of success at there current positions.  I’m a Jets fan.  I don’t have an axe to grind with Gase, Douglas or Saleh.  Gase failed we cut our losses.  TBD about Saleh and Douglas.  Hope they turn this around.  To date they haven’t.  The O still looks like a clown show and sadly Gase at least could script an opening drive.  We haven’t even seen that from the current staff.   It’s two games.  I’m not panicked.  I’m a little disappointed with how inept the O has been for two games.  I’m worried Zach, who I think has the goods, is going to get hurt. 

Can’t argue with what the Offense has done so far or lack thereof. I like Saleh as a Coach to coach this young team. I do have some serious concerns with our Offesive staff after the passing of Knapp and I think you are seeing the results. Our OC is a rookie and Knapp was going to be the guy to work directly with Zach and LaFleur. I don’t expect this team to start to find their rhythm/identity until after the bye week, hopefully. Can’t agree more with the concern for Wilson. I would rather have an unknown in Saleh from what I see up to this point than Gase going forward.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, SAR I said:

These are all great points!

So why are we playing worse since Adam Gase left? 

The Dolphins were already on the way to the playoffs and Tannehill was already league MVP 2 games after they got away from Adam Gase's evil clutches.  Is Robert Saleh now cemented?

SAR I

worst? Gase started 0-13 last year. its 2 games pal, relax

i was trying to figure out what you mean with your next statement but then i remembered your a Gase fan so this is probably sarcasm. and Tanny never won a MVP.

funny how Tanny and Darnold will mirror each other. both left Gase and both ended up with one of the top RBs in the league. it must be easy for Tanny to do good when Henry avgs 120 yd per game the last 3 years.

Sam is in a similar position. though the sam fans hate when you point that out. my problem is when you have a super weapon like Henry or CMC what happens if they get hurt? your team falls off a cliff. then your not a good QB.

Bart Scott said this on the radio the other day..

NY fans want everything microwaved. they want it now, and dont want to wait....

i get it, i have been a Jets fan for 40 years. but we cant keep firing HC and Gms after 2-3 years. 

if the 2021 draft class blows then im done. he got to go. but if not im going to let 2020 slide. at least till after i see what his 3rd draft looks like. will you? 

11 minutes ago, doitny said:

Sam is in a similar position. though the sam fans hate when you point that out. my problem is when you have a super weapon like Henry or CMC what happens if they get hurt? your team falls off a cliff. then your not a good QB.

Panthers have the Cowboys, Eagles, and Vikings over the next three weeks without McCaffrey. If they go 0-3, these “haha Jets look at Darnold now!” stories will go away and every hack media member who made those jokes will be deleting tweets so fast it’ll make their fingers bleed.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

35 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Panthers have the Cowboys, Eagles, and Vikings over the next three weeks without McCaffrey. If they go 0-3, these “haha Jets look at Darnold now!” stories will go away and every hack media member who made those jokes will be deleting tweets so fast it’ll make their fingers bleed.

thank you, at least someone with common sense. 

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, T0mShane said:

In all fairness to Saleh - he did make it clear to the public, on multiple occasions, that they shouldn’t expect too much from this team.  
Under those circumstances you can’t really blame the HC for his team not playing with a whole lot of urgency. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1