Deeply Dysfunctional

TMAC

Again, you need to understand compared to Wilson,  Jones physically is  bigger and stronger, he accomplished more in college, and did so  at a higher level. And so far he doesn't beat himself. I'll take 4 yard checkdowns over gift wrapped INTs any day. 

Yet we complained about Chad Pennington who couldn’t throw deep and had a “weak arm” couldn’t put the team on his back and win a game on his own…then got Brett Favre would had a strong arm and could throw deep and still didn’t win…oh and Jones is in his 3rd year and 0-2 just like us

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

36 minutes ago, tfine said:

Yet we complained about Chad Pennington who couldn’t throw deep and had a “weak arm” couldn’t put the team on his back and win a game on his own…then got Brett Favre would had a strong arm and could throw deep and still didn’t win…oh and Jones is in his 3rd year and 0-2 just like us emoji106.png

If you watched Jones at Bama, he has a way stronger arm than Pennington. 

11 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Jets future is the brightest its been since Parcells was here.  Cheer up Jet fans.  We will be vying for a Super Bowl in 2023.  We r 2 games into a ground up rebuild.

Thank you Joe Douglas!  Thank you!!

That’s probably because we have reached rock bottom now and the only way to go from here is up. Winning 4 games doesn’t mean a bright future. JD has not been good. 

5 hours ago, Bugg said:

Again, you need to understand compared to Wilson,  Jones physically is  bigger and stronger, he accomplished more in college, and did so  at a higher level. And so far he doesn't beat himself. I'll take 4 yard checkdowns over gift wrapped INTs any day. 

Yes, I’d take that as well , especially in year 1. But, the problem with Mac Jones is your probably not going to get much better than that in year 5.  He going to be a career dink and dunk artist 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, SAR I said:

Watching last night's Panther's game all I could think to myself is wouldn't we be 2-0 right now if Douglas and Saleh kept Sam Darnold and traded #2 for a haul of picks.

So I'm not seeing steps "in the right direction" right now.  And considering Douglas' track record, Darnold being a Top 12 NFL quarterback is more likely than it is not.

SAR I

Darnold is still not that good and will never lead a team to the promised land. The fact that he has looked better than he was here is just proof that playing with more weapons does indeed help a QB, and that Gase was a complete loser and failure as a HC. The worst coach in Jets history by a country mile. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Bugg said:

Until youre in a game where youre behind and need your QB to make plays.  

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Until youre in a game where youre behind and need your QB to make plays.  

Grant you there's an argument to be made Wilson vs. the Panthers got his footing after a rough 1st half and simply ran out of time. Vs. the pats, he was terrible.

Jones  is more of a finished product. And not making mistakes can be  as important as making plays. 

8 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Grant you there's an argument to be made Wilson vs. the Panthers got his footing after a rough 1st half and simply ran out of time. Vs. the pats, he was terrible.

Jones  is more of a finished product. And not making mistakes can be  as important as making plays. 

I dont know how much more of a finished product he is simply because hes not required to make difficult throws under duress like most rookie QBs who usually are playing for team with less talent top to bottom than the Pats are.

I cant believe that if the teams and QBs switched Zach couldn't or wouldnt be the one who looked more like a finished product.  

you really think we win those games with Sam?
if we had Sam and Carolina still had Teddy we still lose. we started what 6 rookies? with the more draft picks how many more rookies would we be playing 8. in there 1st game?
ok im going to say something unpopular here and it might get me banned but i cant help it.
Sam played 3 weak teams. we did not.
playing the panthers, pats and broncos are a lot harder than playing the jets, saints and Texans.
ok now im ready for my ban. how dare i bring up the cupcake schedule sam has played. 
Ban him

Sent from the NY Jets /Zack Wilson Suicide Watch desk.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, tfine said:

Yet we complained about Chad Pennington who couldn’t throw deep and had a “weak arm” couldn’t put the team on his back and win a game on his own…then got Brett Favre would had a strong arm and could throw deep and still didn’t win…oh and Jones is in his 3rd year and 0-2 just like us emoji106.png

Favre was kicking ass until his shoulder got hurt and kept playing us out of contention plus we had no backup anyway.

• Sympathy 1

On 9/24/2021 at 1:54 PM, jetstream23 said:

I'll take a 9-8 season by 2023 and be VERY thankful at this point.

The words "Super Bowl" should be banned from the website for at least 5 years!  It was embarrassing when Rex used them.... and he had a playoff caliber team at the time.

It doesnt take 7 years to rebuild a team in the nfl.  It never has.   

2 hours ago, Jet hustle said:

It doesnt take 7 years to rebuild a team in the nfl.  It never has.   

Rebuild a team to do what exactly? Playoffs? Super Bowl? There are 9 teams that have a longer drought than the Jets of winning a SB. That doesn't include the Dolphins - 47 years, Raiders - 37 years, and Bears - 35 years. It takes time to build a team to win it all. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

On 9/24/2021 at 2:07 PM, SAR I said:

Watching last night's Panther's game all I could think to myself is wouldn't we be 2-0 right now if Douglas and Saleh kept Sam Darnold and traded #2 for a haul of picks.

So I'm not seeing steps "in the right direction" right now.  And considering Douglas' track record, Darnold being a Top 12 NFL quarterback is more likely than it is not.

SAR I

i doubt if swapping qb's would change the outcome.  as for keeping darnold and trading down for draft picks one thing the jets really don't need is more players learning to play together.  they might've got an impact pass rusher but failing that they wouldn't have drafted anyone that could come in from game one.  new system, new coaches, new players it takes time.

14 minutes ago, rangerous said:

i doubt if swapping qb's would change the outcome.  as for keeping darnold and trading down for draft picks one thing the jets really don't need is more players learning to play together.  they might've got an impact pass rusher but failing that they wouldn't have drafted anyone that could come in from game one.  new system, new coaches, new players it takes time.

I didn't care that Darnold was dealt at all, I'd rather take a chance on a kid with a big upside than Pennington II.

But....

There is no point in bringing in a gunslinger if we have crappy WR's, a porous OL, and no running game.  Douglas has to do a better job.  He's accountable for this roster.  Every man that's on it is on it because that's what Joe Douglas decided.

SAR I

On 9/24/2021 at 9:20 AM, TMAC said:

Watching last night's Panther's game was a stark reminder of how deeply dysfunctional the Jets organization had become.  When they drafted Sam Darnold, they failed to surround him with even adequate talent.  Even worse, his coaches, Todd Bowles and Adam Gase were, at the very best, totally incompetent.  The Jets could have hired Matt Rhule but wouldn't let him pick his own assistants: i.e., Gregg Williams had to stay on as DC. The Johnson's responsible for this mess.  Chris Johnson should never be permitted to make any meaningful executive decision again.

I believe, however, that the Jets have taken steps in the right direction with JD and Saleh.  I understand why they moved on from Sam. The New York media tried to run Phil Simms and Eli out of town.  I know they will try to do that with Wilson.  Unfair not to give him a chance.  New HC and OC.  New OL. Very young team.  Let's hope that Zach plays well on Sunday. God knows, Jet fans need some hope.

The Jets have won 2 games out of 18 when JD has full control of the roster but let’s take the easy way out and Blame the Johnsons for not hiring Matt rule? Wow 

Meanwhile people want to get rid of JD who was actually successful in getting the Dicks to change the organizational structure. No longer are the Dicks performing shotgun weddings with HCs and GMs. We've been drafting the positions OL and WR they just need some time together. Unfortunately other successful organizations are in a position to not have to start their draft picks as saviors because they have a built up roster, and the Jets have to always throw theirs into the spotlight because they never build anything over time.

Just now, Embrace the Suck said:

Meanwhile people want to get rid of JD who was actually successful in getting the Dicks to change the organizational structure.

No, it was idiot fans making noise on social media that got the change to the organizational structure which means absolutely nothing.  

SAR I

On 9/24/2021 at 9:20 AM, TMAC said:

Watching last night's Panther's game was a stark reminder of how deeply dysfunctional the Jets organization had become.  When they drafted Sam Darnold, they failed to surround him with even adequate talent.  Even worse, his coaches, Todd Bowles and Adam Gase were, at the very best, totally incompetent.  The Jets could have hired Matt Rhule but wouldn't let him pick his own assistants: i.e., Gregg Williams had to stay on as DC. The Johnson's responsible for this mess.  Chris Johnson should never be permitted to make any meaningful executive decision again.

I believe, however, that the Jets have taken steps in the right direction with JD and Saleh.  I understand why they moved on from Sam. The New York media tried to run Phil Simms and Eli out of town.  I know they will try to do that with Wilson.  Unfair not to give him a chance.  New HC and OC.  New OL. Very young team.  Let's hope that Zach plays well on Sunday. God knows, Jet fans need some hope.

2 games… 2 games they were expecting to lose…

you are dysfunctional ?

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

I didn't care that Darnold was dealt at all, I'd rather take a chance on a kid with a big upside than Pennington II.

But....

There is no point in bringing in a gunslinger if we have crappy WR's, a porous OL, and no running game.  Douglas has to do a better job.  He's accountable for this roster.  Every man that's on it is on it because that's what Joe Douglas decided.

SAR I

they still have to play together.  there's no getting around the fact that there are still quite a few moving and inexperienced pieces on this team.  it's going take time.  as for douglas, yes he does own the roster and he made darn sure that not much of mac's roster carried forward.  not many of the guys not here anymore are missed. and yes this group will need to start proving it self.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

No, it was idiot fans making noise on social media that got the change to the organizational structure which means absolutely nothing.  

SAR I

I very much doubt it. Unless it's just meaningless window dressing, and nothing has really changed, the hiring and reporting structure matters quite a bit. In fact it's a big part of the reason the team has gotten to this point.

5 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

The Jets have won 2 games out of 18 when JD has full control of the roster but let’s take the easy way out and Blame the Johnsons for not hiring Matt rule? Wow 

No, the Johnsons are blamed for making terrible decision after terrible decision for the last decade at least. Hiring, Idzik, Macc, Bowles, Gase, etc.... JD inherited the worst roster in the NFL and has been here 2 f'ing years. The dysfunction with this team and this ownership has gone on far longer. 

SAR has a point. Douglas has been a bit too methodical at times. Its not hard to rebuild an offense in 1 or 2 offseasons. No reason there should be a mediocre receiving core and Oline after his 2nd full offseason. The Chiefs just rebuilt their entire Oline - literally - in 1 offseason.

He's been wayyyy too conservative in free agency/trade market. If you are gonna throw a rookie QB into the fire, which the Jets have now done, at least surround him with proven NFL vets. He has not done that. And on top of that, he has surrounded Wilson with a defensive minded head coach with no experience and a rookie offensive coordinator.

I mean, cmon. Wilson is being set up to fail. 

• Post of the Week 1