QB school breakdown of Wilson’s picks

Uncle Nicco

1 hour ago, Pichula said:

Mike LeFleur is scary bad 

I'm really nervous for Zach right now.  This could be an absolute disaster in the making.  These concepts are absolutely horrible.  It's really hard to even understand what they're trying to do on these plays.  And clearly nobody is coaching Zach on how to play the position.  All the same terrible mechanics from college on full display.  Ugh.  This is scary. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I'm really nervous for Zach right now.  This could be an absolute disaster in the making.  These concepts are absolutely horrible.  It's really hard to even understand what they're trying to do on these plays.  And clearly nobody is coaching Zach on how the play the position.  All the same terrible mechanics from college on full display.  Ugh.  This is scary. 

Yep, preseason is over and the regular season is off to its regular start in Jets land! 

14 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

ruh+roh+shaggy.png

We'll learn a lot about this CS this year. LeFleur is a rookie OC - he will make mistakes but needs to show that he can learn and grow. If it's the same thing week in and week out then I'll start to worry. Also - some of this stuff blamed on play design could be receivers not lining up in the right spot or running the right routes. That can happen because they just got it wrong or their was a communication issue. Not making an excuse - it's just things we don't know.

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I'm really nervous for Zach right now.  This could be an absolute disaster in the making.  These concepts are absolutely horrible.  It's really hard to even understand what they're trying to do on these plays.  And clearly nobody is coaching Zach on how the play the position.  All the same terrible mechanics from college on full display.  Ugh.  This is scary. 

This.

While it does cause concern for play design, it was only a handful of plays, and I would imagine the staff can make the appropriate adjustments.

I am concerned that Wilson seems to be forcing plays to Moore. I know they want to be a dynamic duo, but Wilson can't do that. And I do believe that, ironically, Moore needs to improve on his route running. On the one play, he was less interested in his prime responsibility of making a legal pick than he was with his release and being a target.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

Poor levels concept, which definitely is not an issue with the Shannahan offense. So yeah, I'd almost rather it be the receivers not running routes at the correct depth because otherwise jeez. I get that they're buddies, but I think a rookie defensive HC with a rookie OC might be too much for the OC to handle all the responsibilities.

• Upvote 2

I think Zach should take total accountability for the picks he threw, but I've wondered since LaFleur's hire if he was too young or not ready. You see this a bit in college: a splashy assistant gets hired and just totally sucks, he gets fired, and the new coordinator (with the same head coach) gets stuff going in the right direction. As always, with everything Jets, especially being a fan, "It sucks to suck!" 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

We'll learn a lot about this CS this year. LeFleur is a rookie OC - he will make mistakes but needs to show that he can learn and grow. If it's the same thing week in and week out then I'll start to worry. Also - some of this stuff blamed on play design could be receivers not lining up in the right spot or running the right routes. That can happen because they just got it wrong or their was a communication issue. Not making an excuse - it's just things we don't know.

Can't blame Mims.

• Haha 2

In another analysis I posted as a new thread, the dude made some good points. In the 3 of the 4 int plays the check downs weren’t even open, and if he threw to one check down it would have probably resulted in a pick-6. ZW needs to learn when to scramble or just throw the ball away. 

ZW also needs to learn there is a tier of CBs in the NFL you don’t challenge. He lost those challenges last Sunday.

1 minute ago, All Gas, No Gase said:

In another analysis I posted as a new thread, the dude made some good points. In the 3 of the 4 int plays the check downs weren’t even open, and if he threw to one check down it would have probably resulted in a pick-6. ZW needs to learn when to scramble or just throw the ball away. 

ZW also needs to learn there is a tier of CBs in the NFL you don’t challenge. He lost those challenges last Sunday.

Joe Douglas needs to figure out how to get a true No. 1 WR on the team.  

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Yep, preseason is over and the regular season is off to its regular start in Jets land! 

You know what's funny/sad/hold me?  Those first 2 picks, I dont think are picks if Mims was the target (and dont tell me he cant run those simple routes), I think he prevents the first one when it was a jump ball situation because Davis had cement in his shoes and I think he catches the high slightly off target ball.  

#freedenzel 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bgivs21 said:

Mims not knowing all the routes is an issue but we can start WRs who run poor routes and OL who can't communicate and constantly miss assignments. 

CS has to get better. 

I'm having a really hard time believing that Mims doesnt know how to run a deep in or a slow developing lollygagging drag/slant whatever those routes are he constantly designs that seemingly have no purpose.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

You know what's funny/sad/hold me?  Those first 2 picks, I dont think are picks if Mims was the target (and dont tell me he cant run those simple routes), I think he prevents the first one when it was a jump ball situation because Davis had cement in his shoes and I think he catches the high slightly off target ball.  

#freedenzel 

Yep, I looked it up. Mims has a pretty silly vertical and Davis seems to have chosen to not do one 

7 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

#freedenzel 

Here’s why I call bull s**t on the whole “not knowing all 3 WR positions” thing as a way of keeping Denzel in jail.    Not one of the WRs lined up in all 3 of the receiver positions last Sunday.  Berrios, the leading receiver, lined up exclusively in the slot EVERY play.  Does this staff really believe that they can throw that BS out there and people just lap it up and believe it?   So they can’t come up with a package of plays to try to feature what Denzel can do?   It’s not like this franchise isn’t begging for someone to make a play on offense.  

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, JiFapono said:

I'm having a really hard time believing that Mims doesnt know how to run a deep in or a slow developing lollygagging drag/slant whatever those routes are he constantly designs that seemingly have no purpose.

He definitely does, not like he just started playing football. But my point is if you're gonna call out one player for not knowing routes, or putting in effort, and then the rest of your team doesn't show up and puts this slop on film and then you don't punish the other players for the same exact issues, that's bs. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yep, I looked it up. Mims has a pretty silly vertical and Davis seems to have chosen to not do one 

Yep.  He's got no hops so he sat out at both his proday and combine.  Denzel jumped 38 1/2 which is top 85 percentile, dude would be a dunk champion, so I hear.

#freedenzel 

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

Yep.  He's got no hops so he sat out at both his proday and combine.  Denzel jumped 38 1/2 which is top 85 percentile, dude would be a dunk champion, so I hear.

#freedenzel 

Yeah, I watched that first pick and honestly thought someone held him down. But yeah, Mims athleticism would be helpful right now because he’s  not a system fit or whatever. Comical. 

A running theme these two weeks are the lack of separation our WRs are creating.   Playcall isn't helping, but other than Berrios, its not been great.  Play after play involves a lot of route running blunders, and little things that are tipping the WRs hand to the D.

We need Crowder back ASAP!

2 minutes ago, Hael said:

A running theme these two weeks are the lack of separation our WRs are creating.   Playcall isn't helping, but other than Berrios, its not been great.  Play after play involves a lot of route running blunders, and little things that are tipping the WRs hand to the D.

We need Crowder back ASAP!

Being honest our WR group is very overrated. Not one guy that scares the defense. 

Elija Moore just does not pop physically to me. 

Davis is what he is

• Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, JiFapono said:

I'm really nervous for Zach right now.  This could be an absolute disaster in the making.  These concepts are absolutely horrible.  It's really hard to even understand what they're trying to do on these plays.  And clearly nobody is coaching Zach on how to play the position.  All the same terrible mechanics from college on full display.  Ugh.  This is scary. 

Come back to the other thread, you know, the one where it's all Adam Gase's fault.

SAR I