Chad Pennington is a believer in Zach Wilson

Just now, bostonmajet said:

Of course you can as - that is what the site is all about - but unless you are saying rant, please don't comment, don't expect to not hear about it. Especially on this site, if you want to rant and not have comments i would suggest a dog; my dog is a great rant listener as long as i don't yell and treat often :-)

Agreed.  I was a bit cranky.

• Like 1
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Colloquially, don't give two f*ks what Chad says.   Let me know if he has comments about choking playoff games.  Chad, go worry about what to BBQ this weekend.

Trash fanbase. The absolute worst.

Chad Pennington sucked. Chad was also a believer in Sanchez, he was a believer in Geno, he was a believer in Sam……. Some hacks pick up a phone for a fluff piece and call Chad for the obligatory “he’s

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I gave you hard numbers to show you that he has an opportunity to, pretty much, be on par with Sam’s rookie year through 3 games.

There was no garbage time week 1.  The Jets had an opportunity to win the Carolina game, despite an atrocious 1st half.  The defense couldn’t get the necessary stop.

Pats game?  Sure it was inflated a bit by the end.  Just like Sam’s garbage time 334 yards against the Dolphins in week 2 of 2018.

I don't know what games you were watching but Zach was terrible. I don't care about his comp to Sam's rookie stats. I care about how Zach plays and so far after two weeks I haven't seen much to make me think that JD made the right decision with the #2 OA pick.

Again, I'm WAITING to judge Zach until after watching him play against NFL teams.

I hope for the best and would love nothing more than to see him turn into a top 5 FQB.

Chad Pennington sucked. Chad was also a believer in Sanchez, he was a believer in Geno, he was a believer in Sam……. Some hacks pick up a phone for a fluff piece and call Chad for the obligatory “he’s got all the right stuff, I believe BS”. You think Pennington is going to randomly come out and say a player sucks? He won’t, but I will. Zach Wilson sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
Wow..... 2 games and he is a QB cannasseur.

Sent from the NY Jets
/Zack Wilson Suicide Watch desk.

22 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

I don't know what games you were watching but Zach was terrible. I don't care about his comp to Sam's rookie stats. I care about how Zach plays and so far after two weeks I haven't seen much to make me think that JD made the right decision with the #2 OA pick.

Again, I'm WAITING to judge Zach until after watching him play against NFL teams.

I hope for the best and would love nothing more than to see him turn into a top 5 FQB.

You can’t sit here with a straight face, tell me that Zach doesn't look talented enough to make it in the NFL so far, and when I give you hard numbers that compare to the last guy this ridiculous fanbase said the same sh*t (and were wrong) about, tell me that you don’t know what games I’m watching.  Jets fans, honestly, don’t ever learn, do they?

You also can’t tell me that you’re waiting to judge Zach, while simultaneously telling me that he doesn’t look talented enough for the NFL after two f*cking games.

Absolutely ridiculous.

19 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Colloquially, don't give two f*ks what Chad says.   Let me know if he has comments about choking playoff games.  Chad, go worry about what to BBQ this weekend.

Thank you.

Zach could throw stronger sideline passes with his arm in a sling than the Penny.

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

You also can’t tell me that you’re waiting to judge Zach, while simultaneously telling me that he doesn’t look talented enough for the NFL after two f*cking games.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Zach play was horrible in the 1st 2 games.

What's FUKKING ridiculous is that you can't understand that I'm waiting to see him play against NFL level comp.

I did not declare Zach a bust after two games and I'll wait until he plays a full season.

8 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

Zach play was horrible in the 1st 2 games.

What's FUKKING ridiculous is that you can't understand that I'm waiting to see him play against NFL level comp.

I did not declare Zach a bust after two games and I'll wait until he plays a full season.

He is pretty much on par we the last guy we ran out of town too soon.  You can disagree all you want.  The numbers don’t lie.  He’s also been in far worse matchups and situations, against tougher teams, than that same QB.

If you don’t want to be lumped in with people who are declaring him a bust, then maybe don’t say ridiculous things like “he doesn’t look like he belongs” and ignore things that contradict that ridiculous statement. 

19 hours ago, munchmemory said:

More wisdom from Chad:

"It'll be up to Geno and to Michael to make sure that quarterback room is right and correct and that they're supporting each other, no matter who's playing. They can certainly be successful, there's no question."

The Jets finished with an 8-8 record in the 2013 season.

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/american-football/new-york-jets/news/pennington-smith-vick-can-work-together_156654.html

We’d kill for 8 wins this year

• Upvote 1
31 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

He is pretty much on par we the last guy we ran out of town too soon.  You can disagree all you want.  The numbers don’t lie.  He’s also been in far worse matchups and situations, against tougher teams, than that same QB.

If you don’t want to be lumped in with people who are declaring him a bust, then maybe don’t say ridiculous things like “he doesn’t look like he belongs” and ignore things that contradict that ridiculous statement. 

I don't care about the last guy anymore.

I never said “he doesn’t look like he belongs”.

What I said was "So far I haven't seen much to indicate Zach's all that talented at the NFL level." and I stand by that.

I'm hoping to see all kinds of 'new age' off schedule weird angle TD throws from Zach and for JD to hit home runs with next years picks.

1 minute ago, Big_Slick said:

I don't care about the last guy anymore.

I never said “he doesn’t look like he belongs”.

What I said was "So far I haven't seen much to indicate Zach's all that talented at the NFL level." and I stand by that.

I'm hoping to see all kinds of 'new age' off schedule weird angle TD throws from Zach and for JD to hit home runs with next years picks.

It's the same hype our franchise expects the fanbase to accept every time we draft a QB.  You think the Darnold hate and fan frenzy was bad?  Wait what happens if Zack winds up a bust.  

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, Snell41 said:

Sorry Bud, I’ve been calling Wilson fools gold way before he got here, way before he was on out radar. He’s just doing what I expect him to do.

Be a young qb? It's annoying when that happens. Seriously, pretty much every young qb has growing pains. It doesn't make him anything after 2 freaking weeks. 

Be a young qb? It's annoying when that happens. Seriously, pretty much every young qb has growing pains. It doesn't make him anything after 2 freaking weeks. 

The draft has become entertainment, and as such QB’s by far generate the most buzz. Players that have no business being drafted in the first round are now because QB’s are hyped and end up overvalued. Zach Wilson was a one year wonder at BYU. Prior to his final year he wasn’t even on radars to be drafted at all, much less 2 overall. Other than Lawrence there really isn’t a QB in this past draft worth a 1st round pick. I disliked Sam Darnold, but I knew this QB class was awful and I knew this idiotic FO would cave to the pressure and draft Fields or Wilson. We could have traded down from 2, amassed a huge amount of picks for next year and used those picks to procure what would undoubtedly be a better prospect than any from this season. Now as it stands I hope we have the balls to eject this bum next season and take a real prospects.