Jets turning down trade offers for Denzel Mims?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We love Denzel Mims. He had another great week of practice. We are not taking calls about trading for Denzel Mims. Sunday: Inactive

I think it’d be easier to be the #5 behind Godwin, Evans, AB, etc than it is to exist on a depth chart behind Braxton Berrios and Jeff Smith on a team scoring 10 ppg.

The story seems to be, and this would start to make more sense, that since he is not one of the top three wide receivers for the X, Y, Z positions that means as a back up on the active roster he needs

Posted Images

Just now, jetstream23 said:

We love Denzel Mims. He had another great week of practice.

We are not taking calls about trading for Denzel Mims.

Sunday: Inactive

Hes either going to get the message that he has to work to get his time, its not guaranteed because he was taken in the 2nd or he'll be traded down the road. 

They know he has the talent and ability but he obviously hasnt bought into the message.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1
36 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Teams are trying to get him at a bargain price which the Jets will no go for.  They are calling up offering 4th and 5th rounder which is not worth it for the jets.  Hang on to him unless someone comes up with a good offer,  (that is my speculation)

Exactly.  I doubt they are even offering a 4th IMO.  But yeah teams are trying to steal him considering how badly the Jets are handling the situation 

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Teams are trying to get him at a bargain price which the Jets will no go for.  They are calling up offering 4th and 5th rounder which is not worth it for the jets.  Hang on to him unless someone comes up with a good offer,  (that is my speculation)

Please don't trade him for a pick, we can't draft or sign good retired players.  We need a RG that is good:

3. Phil Haynes, OG, Seahawks

Haynes was Seattle's fourth-round pick in 2019, and after beginning his rookie season on PUP due to a sports hernia surgery, he was thrust onto the field in the Seahawks' wild card round win over the Eagles in Philadelphia. And he looked solid! He spent most of last season on IR with another injury, but he's healthy now and was dominant -- mostly against backups -- in the preseason. Plus, he tested like a highly explosive guard prospect at the combine. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
28 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Let’s be honest the trade offers are probably a 6th or a 5th at best.  The Jets have ha died the situation pretty bad so teams aren’t going to give up much unless they see him play more

Teams are noticing the Jets are being dysfunctional mess again and making lowball offers for our 2nd most talented WR

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Albaniajet said:

Teams are noticing the Jets are being dysfunctional mess again and making lowball offers for our 2nd most talented WR

Team with the worst offense won’t play most dangerous playmaker.  Go figure.

• Upvote 1

If true, I would slap JD silly (silly, I tell you) for turning down even one offer for Mims.  I don't care for what.  His presence here is causing drama a young team, especially its rookie QB, doesn't need.

Chunky, get on it.

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1

Here's how I imagine the Mims things is going behind the scenes:

-Mims missed OTAs and minicamp so he missed out on getting a head start learning the system.  He didn't anticipate that the Shanahan system is way more complex than the Gase system.

-In training camp he routinely didn't know what route to run.

-In meetings players get randomly quizzed on assignments, Mims routinely doesn't know the answer and other guys do.

-Mims doesn't stay late and other guys do.  He could be a partier instead or just lazy.

I'm guessing most of these things are true.  They are trying to change the culture here so sending a message by not rewarding these types.

Even so, it's still coaching malpractice not to have worked him in, especially in week 1 when we were trotting out lesser talent on the boundary.

My guess is the coaches are hoping by week 8 or so he knows the system better and can work him in when an injury happens, but until then he is being made an example of.

Said the other day that if I were a team in need of a receiver I'd call the Jets and offer a day 3 pick and see what they say.  I'd imagine this is why the Jets said no.  If somebody calls with a better offer, they may just move him.  

Just now, munchmemory said:

Lookin' like hiring his friend's brother as a first time OC might be a horrendous move.

yeah so far lafleur is sh*t. we shall see....but the early returns aren't looking good

• Upvote 1
Just now, munchmemory said:

Lookin' like hiring his friend's brother as a first time OC might be a horrendous move.

Saleh and Mike LaFleur were on the same staff last season, so its not like Matt LaFleur was a middle man.  But I agree Mike has been bad so far.

2 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

Saleh and Mike LaFleur were on the same staff last season, so its not like Matt LaFleur was a middle man.  But I agree Mike has been bad so far.

Mike was what?  Recording secretary?   To make this jump without really having the experience might be his undoing.  And Zack's. And the team's.

5 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Said the other day that if I were a team in need of a receiver I'd call the Jets and offer a day 3 pick and see what they say.  I'd imagine this is why the Jets said no.  If somebody calls with a better offer, they may just move him.  

Probably true.  I do think they’re still high on him and don’t want to trade him. Plus Crowder will most likely be traded at some point this season 

• Upvote 1