Jets turning down trade offers for Denzel Mims?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We love Denzel Mims. He had another great week of practice. We are not taking calls about trading for Denzel Mims. Sunday: Inactive

I think it’d be easier to be the #5 behind Godwin, Evans, AB, etc than it is to exist on a depth chart behind Braxton Berrios and Jeff Smith on a team scoring 10 ppg.

The story seems to be, and this would start to make more sense, that since he is not one of the top three wide receivers for the X, Y, Z positions that means as a back up on the active roster he needs

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Cutting your nose to spite your face never works out.  Mims has no one to blame but himself for not being on the field.  I hope he turns it around, but his attitude is going to need a drastic adjustment to do so.

I don't disagree with you on that. But if the CS is going to single out a certain player and other players are making the same mistakes and not performing then that's inconsistent coaching (management) and a quick way to lose respect and confidence. 

We’re talking about a guy who has been routinely getting chewed out in meetings for not knowing what he is supposed to be doing, what route he’s supposed to be running, and on the practice field for lining up incorrectly.  It’s not just sloppy/wrong routes.

Go on…

We’re talking about a guy who has been routinely getting chewed out in meetings for not knowing what he is supposed to be doing, what route he’s supposed to be running, and on the practice field for lining up incorrectly.  It’s not just sloppy/wrong routes.

Thank you now....

Now you are revealing the SECRET INFORMATION that is not being reported!

Mims should be active every week. Use the on the field skills he does have to help out his QB and the offense. This BS about him being inactive because he doesn't  perform well I the slot or whatever makes no sense. He still has the work week to slowly learn these other things  In my view they're  hurting his development and the entire offense.

2 hours ago, bgivs21 said:

Lol someone who earned it? Have you watched our WRs the past 2 weeks. They run sloppy routes and at times the wrong routes. 

and just think, Mims must be worst then that

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

The skinny is that Mims has had a bad attitude, and is starting to come off as a guy who is all brawn and no brains.  The dude got drafted and kinda appears to have forgotten what got him there.  Personally, this might be the most I’ve been disappointed in a player that we’ve drafted because I was such a fan pre-draft and I still think he can be great if he wakes up and matures.  I had someone ask me this week if it’s about cement between his ears, or something like that.  It’s not so much the amount of cement, more than it’s about the cement and the attitude he has had towards those trying to help and coach him up.  It’s starting to feel that the only way he has any success is to be cut or traded and get a wake up call.  Maybe he gets right before he blows it here, but I have my doubts.  The coaches have been patient, they’ve been persistent, and he just pushes back in negative ways.  This is a staff, from top to bottom, on all sides of the ball, that would love nothing more than to be wrong when it comes to what they think of their players.  The problem is that Mims feels like he doesn’t need to do what’s necessary to earn a starting spot and at some point, the coaches can’t do anything more for the player.  From a player support standpoint, Davis and Cole have been his go to guys for support all off-season, and they’ve tried taking him under their wings, but that support is starting to wane because the changes he needs to make aren’t being made.  Some of these kids just lose it once they get the fame and cash in the NFL.  It kind of feels like that’s what going on with Denzel.  I may be overreacting to it, but the quote I can’t help but think of was that “F*ck Philly, I didn’t want to go to that trash a** city anyway” after the draft last year.  This kid NEVER had a bad reputation, work ethic, or said anything outlandish like that when he was at Baylor.  Total 180 from those days.

Your take, sadly is the one that makes the most sense. Guess the interview process didn't  do what it was intended to do for JD and the Jet's.

• Sad 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

@SAR I

GM Joe Douglas

Gang Green got its receiver after trading down

The Jets traded down in the second round, but GM Joe Douglas still got his receiver for Sam Darnold, drafting Baylor WR Denzel Mims with the 59th overall pick.

namathjmg.jpg

SAR I

Just now, genot said:

Your take, sadly is the one that makes the most sense. Guess the interview process didn't  do what it was intended to do for JD and the Jet's.

He passed interviews with flying colors for multiple teams, which is what’s so perplexing about this for me.  What the f*ck happened to the grinder out of Baylor determined to be one the best in the league?

• Sad 1
2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

He passed interviews with flying colors for multiple teams, which is what’s so perplexing about this for me.  What the f*ck happened to the grinder out of Baylor determined to be one the best in the league?

Only one thing he’s face since then and now.
Sir Adam Gase. It’s all his fault. Somehow. 

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Crowder and Moore, according to the Jets official depth chart:

https://www.newyorkjets.com/team/depth-chart

And if you look at that WR depth chart you see it comes down to Mims and Smith for the last spot when Crowder was out and Mims doesn't play special teams.  This isn't rocket science folks.  Who knows what happens next, but if tough love can make him great, i'd like to see it happen quickly.

12 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

The skinny of it is that Mims has had a bad attitude since the off-season programs started, and is starting to come off as a guy who is all brawn and no brains.  The dude got drafted and it kind of appears that he has totally forgotten what got him there.  Personally, this might be the most I’ve been disappointed in a player that we’ve drafted because I was such a fan pre-draft and I still think he can be great if he wakes up and matures.  I had someone ask me this week if it’s about cement between his ears, or something like that.  It’s not so much the amount of cement, more than it’s about the cement and the attitude he has had towards those trying to help and coach him up.  It’s starting to feel that the only way he has any success is to be cut or traded and get a wake up call.  Maybe he gets right before he blows it here, but I have my doubts.  The coaches have been patient, they’ve been persistent, and he just pushes back in negative ways.  This is a staff, from top to bottom, on all sides of the ball, that would love nothing more than to be wrong when it comes to what they think of their players, and they will give you every single opportunity to show you that they’re wrong about you.  The problem is that Mims feels like he doesn’t need to do what’s necessary to earn a starting spot and at some point, the coaches can’t do anything more for the player.  From a player support standpoint, Davis and Cole have been his go to guys for support all off-season, and they’ve tried taking him under their wings, but that support is starting to wane because the changes he needs to make aren’t being made.  Some of these kids just lose it once they get the fame and cash in the NFL.  It kind of feels like that’s what going on with Denzel.  I may be overreacting to it, but the quote I can’t help but think of was that “F*ck Philly, I didn’t want to go to that trash a** city anyway” after the draft last year.  This kid NEVER had a bad reputation, work ethic, or said anything outlandish like that when he was at Baylor.  Total 180 from those days.  That level of entitlement makes me feel like he thinks NFL teams need him more than he needs them.

It’s weird because if he had such a bad attitude I feel like he’d be blowing everything off. But he’s out there doing extra work after practices and such. 

Maybe Moore being drafted and being thrusted into the starting line up got under his skin. 

• Upvote 1

Were there public comments from someone in the organization saying this, or is this from your source?

23 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

The skinny of it is that Mims has had a bad attitude since the off-season programs started, and is starting to come off as a guy who is all brawn and no brains.  The dude got drafted and it kind of appears that he has totally forgotten what got him there.  Personally, this might be the most I’ve been disappointed in a player that we’ve drafted because I was such a fan pre-draft and I still think he can be great if he wakes up and matures.  I had someone ask me this week if it’s about cement between his ears, or something like that.  It’s not so much the amount of cement, more than it’s about the cement and the attitude he has had towards those trying to help and coach him up.  It’s starting to feel that the only way he has any success is to be cut or traded and get a wake up call.  Maybe he gets right before he blows it here, but I have my doubts.  The coaches have been patient, they’ve been persistent, and he just pushes back in negative ways.  This is a staff, from top to bottom, on all sides of the ball, that would love nothing more than to be wrong when it comes to what they think of their players, and they will give you every single opportunity to show you that they’re wrong about you.  The problem is that Mims feels like he doesn’t need to do what’s necessary to earn a starting spot and at some point, the coaches can’t do anything more for the player.  From a player support standpoint, Davis and Cole have been his go to guys for support all off-season, and they’ve tried taking him under their wings, but that support is starting to wane because the changes he needs to make aren’t being made.  Some of these kids just lose it once they get the fame and cash in the NFL.  It kind of feels like that’s what going on with Denzel.  I may be overreacting to it, but the quote I can’t help but think of was that “F*ck Philly, I didn’t want to go to that trash a** city anyway” after the draft last year.  This kid NEVER had a bad reputation, work ethic, or said anything outlandish like that when he was at Baylor.  Total 180 from those days.  That level of entitlement makes me feel like he thinks NFL teams need him more than he needs them.

Disappointed.gif.93e810117f3f0d33d969b72d73a9660b.gif

4 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

It’s weird because if he had such a bad attitude I feel like he’d be blowing everything off. But he’s out there doing extra work after practices and such. 

Maybe Moore being drafted and being thrusted into the starting line up got under his skin. 

I can only hope and pray that it means he’s starting to get it and responding to the tough love.  I wanna hear more about his mental pick up though.  Studying the playbook, knowing his assignments, where he’s supposed to line up, etc.

4 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Were there public comments from someone in the organization saying this, or is this from your source?

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

Disappointed.gif.93e810117f3f0d33d969b72d73a9660b.gif

I think you figured it out lol.

Yeah man, sh*t was a bummer to hear.

• Sad 1
21 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Very strange. Wonder what the staff at Baylor said. Any red flags?

37 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Here’s my theory:  mims got pissed off when the jets signed both Davis and cole.  Mims probably thought he would be ‘the guy’ at wr for the jets this year.  Then the jets not only sign davis and cole, but then draft moore.  So if you’re wondering what may have changed his attitude, i think this is it.  Then he got sick, and comes into training camp and the coaches are telling him how far behind he is the other wrs.  And here we are.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Post of the Week 1
15 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Here’s my theory:  mims got pissed off when the jets signed both Davis and cole.  Mims probably thought he would be ‘the guy’ at wr for the jets this year.  Then the jets not only sign davis and cole, but then draft moore.  So if you’re wondering what may have changed his attitude, i think this is it.  Then he got sick, and comes into training camp and the coaches are telling him how far behind he is the other wrs.  And here we are.

Can’t speak for that, but it’s possible.  The egos on NFL players is massive.

• Upvote 1

I just can't see a good ending coming out of this. This appears to be a situation that's being handled so poorly that it makes you question the competence of the CS. All I can see is an excellent WR that's languishing in a sea of stupidity brought on by DUMB, under qualified coaches. Honestly, this is something ADAM GASE should be doing. No one in their right F$%&ing mind wastes a talent like that except for legendarily BAD coaches. I just don't understand this AT ALL....

• Upvote 2

I think the Jets would take a third round pick for him, but maybe trying to get a 2nd round pick.

Anything below a 3rd round pick the Jets should not even consider, which is what is probably happening, as others have indicated.

@Mogglez  Thank you and this is VERY disappointing if true! 

I will say it .. I thought Mims was the STEAL of the draft las year and believed he was/is going to be a superstar!

Just sickening ... It is as if the Jets as a team can't develop anything good...... :( 

Lets Go Jets!!!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, bgivs21 said:

Lol someone who earned it? Have you watched our WRs the past 2 weeks. They run sloppy routes and at times the wrong routes. 

Thats not true.

• Upvote 1